Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 17th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Robber's maps

I decided to remove every one of my "failed attempt" maps. Sorry to any interested viewers, but they kind of suck. I don't have time to upload the instructions and other links, so they won't do a lot of good anyway.

New map- Sunken Shrine (on MegaUpload, it says "shrine to the elder marro, but I shortened it)
Spoiler Alert!

New Map- Fabled Glade

Spoiler Alert!

If anyone has suggestions for any of my maps, please tell me.

Also, I am taking requests for maps (build requirements, basic footprint, etc)
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have 6 new maps out. I will be uploading them to Megaupload shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Edit- done!

Monochromatic- Requires 1 RotV, 1 BftU, and 1 RttFF

Bronze Marsh- Requires 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA

Highlands- Requires 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 TJ

Tri-helix- Requires 2 RotV, 1 FotA

Sedement Buildup- Requires 1 RotV, 2 BftU

Dungeon dunes- Requires 2 BftU, 1 SotM

Last edited by Robber; January 29th, 2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: done uploading to megaupload
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:28 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

He's not robbing pills, he's robbing tiles for goodness sake. Get it straight man!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 28th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Promising Cartographer

Thanks for the... Um.... Comment?

I have another map coming. A few more games of playtesting and it'll be ready. It uses x2 BftU, and a forest set, so I'm working on shadow/water/Los blocker placement. I had too many choke points in the first version.

Edit- Flameslayer explained his post. A bot had spammed crap all over my thread as well as others, which I saw. I never thought to check my thread.

Thanks to the admins, who cleaned it up pretty dang quick.

Last edited by Robber; March 2nd, 2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: thanks for the PM, Flameslayer!
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:08 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

I love Sunken Shrine! It looks really interesting. One tip I have is I would say to make your maps a little bigger but add some more LoS blockers so that they wouldn't favor range too much.
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:25 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey Robber.

I *really* like Monochromatic. It has a lot going for it, I think that's a good use of road & a better use of water than in some of your other maps, where it looks like it traps melee (and protects range) in the start zone. Maybe that's just me.

The one thing about Monochromatic that scares me is the "dragon perches" on the edges; I wonder if it wouldn't be better to allow ground access right up to those corners so a ranged shooter on them could at least be approached from below.

Just a thought.

Check out the long range planning link in my sig, guys, and check to see what your schedules look like in May.

Keep up the good work, Robber, these look good.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:25 PM
Promising Cartographer

I think that they are plenty big. I make them big enough to stop a 1st turn z-bomb or a lock-in-starting-zone attack, but small enough so that armies can clash easily. I need more LoS blockers on many maps, though, so thanks for the suggestion.

I should have a "spoiler" of the map up tomorrow. I haven't worked out the choke points yet, so the map needs much more improvement in that sense.

And @ daddyscaper- Yeah, the dragon perch was a problem in my last game I played on it. (Still haven't updated the *number of times played- I've played each at least twice except for anything with snow, lava, or jungle. The jungle map I made had castle walls in place of the jungle in playtesting). So I'm updating it after I finish my new map. I struck gold with the overall idea and need to improve the design.

It has WAAAAY too many choke points for me, and screens dominated in the 2 games of playtesting. It's sitting out now, gathering dust as I have been loaded with homework. I should get another game finished on it tomorrow, and can edit in in virtualscape for v2.

One last note, if anyone happens to build one of my maps and actually plays on it (), please tell me any comments and/or concerns with glyph placement, height, or other random stuff, please post so I can fix it.

The water placement in my other maps, such as "bronze marsh" and "Highlands" doesn't hurt melee that much, but if a figure can block one of those 2 entrances, it hurts the army.

I have 2 updates to eventually make on Highlands. The first is the height immediately outside of the starting zone, seen to the northwest corner of the map. It has 3 height (2 height above lv-1 starting zone, takes 3 move to get to the top). and really blocks movement. The other problem is ranged pods- they can basically camp there and slaughter anything approaching. So I will lower it and add height to areas in the middle of the map.

The other is that I am adding swamp water instead of the water, which helps to channel movement all over the map instead of having the majority of figures fighting around the starting zone's outlets.

Last edited by Robber; March 1st, 2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:34 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Well they may just look small because of the format. I'll try building one and playing on it so I can report on it with more knowledge.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:18 PM
Promising Cartographer

Good news on the map- I like the way my mods turned out. I made some huge edits, mostly involving LoS blockers, height towards the middle of the map, and choke points, especially along the road.

I moved some starting zones too. Basically, the height moved, and I made changes to where the course of battle takes place.

So, once I Virtualscape the map's changes (should be before the end of the weekend) I can post a spoiler, do a little more playtesting, and then get a final draft up.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
Promising Cartographer

New map- Tagawa Steppes

I've been doing a lot of playtesting on this map, and have finally edited the map enough so that it is good enough to post.

It's still a prototype, so I'm not posting it on the front page. I have a few more games to play on the map.

Then, when its ready, I can say that this is my most playtested map and that its awesome and stuff.

Anyway, here's the map.

Tagawa Steppes-uses 2 BftU, 1 RttFF.

Spoiler Alert!

As with most of my other maps, this one is hard to appreciate unless it is built. Please try out my new map and give me some feedback. I really need any support/criticism you have and would like to hear any concerns with any of the mechanics of the map.
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:15 PM

Re: Robber's maps- NEW MAP 3/3/11!

Tagawa Steppes looks pretty awesome. The name definitely suits it; it has a Samurai-ish feel to it. Keep up the good work!
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Robber's maps- NEW MAP 3/3/11!

Robber, that's a good looking map and I'm willing to give it a shot.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios