Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 30th, 2012, 05:26 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Disney buys Lucasfilms; plans new movies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2045632.html

Wut.
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:34 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms; plans new movies

First of all, with new Star Wars movies, the entirety of the Star Wars expanded universe is non-cannon.

Secondly, I hate Disney.

EDIT:

Meh, I guess this is a bit harsh. I guess that Disny couldn't really do worse than Lucas, but it still bugs me.
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Hmm.
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinekng View Post
First of all, with new Star Wars movies, the entirety of the Star Wars expanded universe is non-cannon.

Secondly, I hate Disney.
I don't see why anyone would hate on this. I was a huge Star Wars fan when I was younger, and I think it's cool that another generation of kids will get to see another generation of Star Wars films. Disney has done a great job with their acquisition of Marvel, so I can't see this going any other way. I can't wait for this movie to be released!
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:46 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Not necessarily. We know absolutely nothing about these films. They could take stories from the books, or perhaps fit other stories in between (The Clone Wars TV show screwed up continuity without making everything totally non-cannon, so I'm expecting something like that).

I kind of hope to see Mark Hamill back on the screen, but I'm not holding my breath. I just hope that it'll be live-action. No more of this CG crap.
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM

Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Secondly, I hate Disney.

EDIT:

Meh, I guess this is a bit harsh. I guess that Disny couldn't really do worse than Lucas, but it still bugs me.
I don't know if the expanded universe would have to be non-canon. Although I do think parts of it probably would become so. It's possible for them to fit a Star Wars movie in the canonicity, but it would be pretty hard, especially if they are doing multiple movies like they say. I really hope they don't screw too many things up. The Expanded Universe is what takes Star Wars from being a movie series and turns it into a universe. And Disney, for all its faults, has done a pretty good job with the Marvel brand. I don't know whether I mind that Disney is running it now instead of Lucas, but I do know that I hate the idea of a new set of Star Wars Movies. Star Wars the Clone Wars (which I enjoy to a degree, by the way) has introduced enough plot problems as it is.
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:53 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Mind blown...

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old October 30th, 2012, 06:01 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Quote:

Secondly, I hate Disney.
I don't see why anyone would hate on this. I was a huge Star Wars fan when I was younger, and I think it's cool that another generation of kids will get to see another generation of Star Wars films. Disney has done a great job with their acquisition of Marvel, so I can't see this going any other way. I can't wait for this movie to be released!
I'll admit that what I said was too harsh. That post was a gut reaction, and reconsidering it, I'm now ambivalent. I just feel that the Star Wars movie series is complete and that any addition will infringe on the rest of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Quote:

Secondly, I hate Disney.

EDIT:

I don't know if the expanded universe would have to be non-canon. Although I do think parts of it probably would become so. It's possible for them to fit a Star Wars movie in the canonicity, but it would be pretty hard, especially if they are doing multiple movies like they say. I really hope they don't screw too many things up. The Expanded Universe is what takes Star Wars from being a movie series and turns it into a universe. And Disney, for all its faults, has done a pretty good job with the Marvel brand. I don't know whether I mind that Disney is running it now instead of Lucas, but I do know that I hate the idea of a new set of Star Wars Movies. Star Wars the Clone Wars (which I enjoy to a degree, by the way) has introduced enough plot problems as it is.
My worry is that they'll kill off some character that isn't too major in the movies but significant in the rest of the EU, like Lando Calrissian or R2-D2 or someone like that. One character can radically alter the course of every story due to the butterfly effect.

Even worse, they may do this on purpose so they have the excuse to sell the entire EU over again.

EDIT: Wired just confirmed the story.

Last edited by machinekng; October 30th, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old October 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I for one am excited to hear this. Personally, I think Disney does a decent job with its movies, and I have faith that they'll do well with the next three Star Wars films. As long as they're live action, of course.

Also, I follow the Clone Wars series - I haven't noticed many continuity errors with the overall timeline. What are they?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 30th, 2012, 07:15 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Also, I follow the Clone Wars series - I haven't noticed many continuity errors with the overall timeline. What are they?
It gave Anakin an apprentice, and mashed it all together ALONG WITH every one of the books that take place around that time into like a 5 month period. Physically implausible.
Old October 30th, 2012, 07:21 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
It gave Anakin an apprentice, and mashed it all together ALONG WITH every one of the books that take place around that time into like a 5 month period. Physically implausible.
The series isn't over - they still need to kill off/dismiss the apprentice (kinda waiting that one out). And, IIRC, there are like 2-3 years between Episode II and Episode III. So it's still possible.

If they don't get rid of the apprentice, I'll be upset.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 30th, 2012, 07:23 PM
...has moist legs

I haven't been a SW fan really for a while, but I know Clone Wars screwed something up. I thought it was the timing, but I could be wrong. I just have to ask my brother.

I never liked the show, though. I saw the Clone Wars movie in theaters and thought it was awful, should have stayed on TV, not worth the theater trip.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies