Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old November 26th, 2020, 09:40 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Hmmm, I don’t see Blink as part of the Outcasts. I didn’t even though that was a team name. Do we then go with Exile? I’m really stumped here.

For personality we have a history of Impulsive on other cards but that is not a reason to choose it. If Brash is a better for her than I’m good with it.
Old November 27th, 2020, 07:07 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Ok so after a little bit more reading Blink is from an alternate universe to those that were in the Outcasts. So I don't think it's appropriate to give her that role. I'd be fine with Exile.

If you have used Impulsive before then it might be better to stick with that. When I think of Brash I think it's more done out of bravado where as Impulsive I think of more a juvenile act done more with a lack of understanding. So Impulsive is probably best for her.
Old November 27th, 2020, 09:11 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I can live with Exile. I’ll change that on the write up.

We’ve used:
Impulsive - Hawk
Impetuous - Thunder
Rebellious - Human Torch

Is she anything like any of those?
Old November 27th, 2020, 07:50 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I think I like Rebellious for Blink. Once decided delete the Blink card from the gallery & I will make the update.
Old November 27th, 2020, 07:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like that art. The fog really adds something extra in a spooky background like that.
Old November 28th, 2020, 12:57 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

I think I like Rebellious for Blink. Once decided delete the Blink card from the gallery & I will make the update.
Wow! Lil' Helm loves the way Werewolf came out and I think I have to agree. The art on both of these last two cards is some of your best.

For Blink, I'm good with:
Exile
Rebellious

I've deleted the original card (it always pains me to delete such beautiful cards).
Old November 28th, 2020, 01:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

The flow of Predator Awareness on WbN feels off to me, like it would be too easy to do the attack (which is at the beginning of the power) and only realize afterward you were supposed count something first. How's this? It makes sure you have the right number of wounds/additional attacks first, and is a little bit shorter (since his card is very full, like the moon at which he's howling):

Quote:
Before attacking, count the number of wound makers on an adjacent figure’s Army Card. After attacking that figure normally, Werewolf by Night may attack that figure one additional time for each wound marker counted, up to a maximum of two additional attacks for Predator Awareness.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 29th, 2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
The flow of Predator Awareness on WbN feels off to me, like it would be too easy to do the attack (which is at the beginning of the power) and only realize afterward you were supposed count something first. How's this? It makes sure you have the right number of wounds/additional attacks first, and is a little bit shorter (since his card is very full, like the moon at which he's howling):

Quote:
Before attacking, count the number of wound makers on an adjacent figure’s Army Card. After attacking that figure normally, Werewolf by Night may attack that figure one additional time for each wound marker counted, up to a maximum of two additional attacks for Predator Awareness.
Hmmm, I totally get what your saying & kind of agree but don't really think it's hard to work out what the state was before the attack. Also I think official HS has "at the start of this turn" wording before (I can't remember where at the moment though). Anyway, I just don't love the "count the number of wound markers" part. It just sounds strange & doesn't sound in-line with any other verbiage used in the game. But I can't think of anything better either.

One thing that irks me (& it's not specific to this card or Matt) is the use of stating a maximum & it's only 2. So you either add 1 or you add 2 or up to the maximum, no wait that's just 2. But that's a me problem.

The Special Attack was something I meant to bring up but forgot.
Quote:
FERAL POUNCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 5.
If Werewolf by Night moved but did not attack normally he may use his Feral Pounce Special Attack. To pounce, choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Werewolf by Night. Immediately place Werewolf by Night on any unoccupied space adjacent to the targeted figure. Werewolf by Night may not attack a figure if there are no unoccupied adjacent spaces.
The whole wording doesn't feel to flow.
  • First off it's a Special Attack. You can't use a normal attack when using a special attack unless the power specifies you can.
  • As it is an attack it always comes after moving. But you can move 0 spaces. So maybe that's what you were trying to capture here. But then a move of 0 is still a move therefore the point is moot.
  • Then you specify choosing "a non-adjacent small or medium figure whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Werewolf by Night." But you don't say how far away the figure can be. I get that you are relying on the Range to be the guide but it doesn't read like that & I believe official powers that do something like that still specify the distance in the power. I personally would say range is Special & specify the distance in the power.

Quote:
Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure to attack that is within 3 spaces of Werewolf by Night and whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Werewolf by Night. Immediately place Werewolf by Night on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure. Werewolf by Night may not attack a figure if there are no unoccupied adjacent spaces.
* Now my i have a niggling thought that it should also say something like "roll 5 attack dice against the chosen figure". Hmmm.

PS: Blink has been updated.
Old November 29th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Captain Underpants

Thank you both for your well thought out comments in Werewolf’s powers. I can totally agree that they are not the most elegant sounding and I am willing to edit but I do want to stay as “official” precedent as possible.

I, and lil’Helm, agree with A3n in response to Necro. The “count” wording at the beginning of the power just doesn’t sound like traditional scape talk. As worded, it is a mouthful but we think it unmistakably says you get to attack the figure a number of times equal to one plus the wound markers it before your first attack.

As for the Special Attack, we modified the official one here:

But now that I think about it, the first sentence that bothers A3n is only included on the official card because it is allowing you to pounce with one squad figure but still attack normally with another in the squad. Since Werewolf is a single figure, and moving zero counts as moving, we can probably just lose the whole first sentence of the Special Attack.

Quote:
Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 3 spaces of Werewolf by Night whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Werewolf by Night. Immediately place Werewolf by Night on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure and roll 5 attack dice against the chosen figure. Werewolf by Night may not attack a figure if there are no unoccupied adjacent spaces.
I’ll delete Werewolf because I am making the executive decision to approve this change before lil’Helm even sees it. ... too late, lil Helm is working with me on this.

PS. Thanks for Blink.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 29th, 2020 at 07:34 PM.
Old November 29th, 2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
As for the Special Attack, we modified the official one here:

But now that I think about it, the first sentence that bothers A3n is only included on the official card because it is allowing you to pounce with one squad figure but still attack normally with another in the squad. Since Werewolf is a single figure, and moving zero counts as moving, we can probably just lose the whole first sentence of the Special Attack.

Quote:
Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 3 spaces of Werewolf by Night whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of Werewolf by Night. Immediately place Werewolf by Night on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure and roll 5 attack dice against the chosen figure. Werewolf by Night may not attack a figure if there are no unoccupied adjacent spaces.
Yeah, I see how you went from the squad power to the single one & not realised that the first sentence of yours was redundant. Also the fact that they aren't moving before the attack explains why that wasn't part of your power. Because the Wolves were attacking in the normal sense before the movement occurred meant the range was relevant to their power. Unlike yours where you have to move first.

PS: WbN card updated & uploaded.
Old November 29th, 2020, 08:17 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

FWIW, the Mohicans and Brave Arrow's Concealment powers use "count the number of spaces". As long as it makes sense to whoever's playing the cards, though, that's what matters.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 6th, 2020, 11:50 AM
Captain Underpants

Even some of the HelmAverse cards "count the minimum number of spaces". I agree that it is acceptable wording but for some reason it just didn't read consistent with us "... for each wound marker counted." Anyway, the way it's written we hope that it takes one read and then play continues all game with the power completely understood. At least that's the hope.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations