Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 19th, 2018, 09:49 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astroking112's Custom Units [Update 5/19/18]

Hey Astro, I see you’ve been busy.

Arboris - Cool dude. His capability in battle will be completely based upon what your opponent uses. Firebomb Zelrig for example can blow a large portion if your points away as early as turns 2 or 3. Cyprien can also turn the Ent into a husk fairly easily. I’d also see how he fares against non-suicide heroes of similar cost before settling on his cost. Thing like Agent Carr and Drake Alexander. A full Overgrowth Arboris could be tasking for those heroes.

Heavy Tackler - Every team needs are QB and this guy is it! I’m not sure what the best strategy for this guy is: Charge him against 2 minis or 1 mini. Getting that bonded turn is very helpful, but Throw Damage is very unreliable. You’ll have to record or remember the reasoning for how the player uses him, since that directly affects his competitive level indirectly of his cost/stats. Good luck!

Boots of Valda - Darn, here I thought I would have gotten around to posting my only renamed version first. Move is a useful enough effect, and I’d rather have it than say Attack +2 vs Undead.

Glyph of Syn - This should make for a neat scenario glyph. -1 Range isn’t all that much of an effect, so I guess if someone wanted to use it in a Tourney, it wouldn’t be OP. Good to see someone else making glyphs now. You really can go freeform with them... sometimes you just need that OP glyph to help the castle attackers.

Good stuff Astroking!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 19th, 2018, 01:23 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strange Traveler View Post
Astroking112, here’s some feedback on your Black Harts/Heavy Tackler faction. Keep in mind, I really like this faction, so good job!

The Heavy Tackler card says he’s 35 points and the Traits and Abilities section says he’s only 30. Which is it? Likewise, the Heavy Tackler’s card says Large 7 and the Traits and Abilities sections says he Large 8. So, which is it? And while I’m at it, is the Heavy Tackler a double base or a single base? Maybe I just missed it, but if I didn’t, please put that info in the Traits and Abilities section somewhere (and if I did, let me know where it is!).

On other matters, the Loyal personality of the Black Harts and the Inspiring personality of the Heavy Tackler seems to indicate a follower/leader relationship between them. If that is the theme you are going for, then I suggest changing the name of the Team Player power to something like Team Captain or Team Leader to show that the Heavy Tacklers are at the head of the team; they aren’t just a part of it.
Shoot, the discrepancies between the card and text are entirely my fault. I originally made the Heavy Tackler cost 35 points to distinguish him from the Dumutef Guard more, but by the time I was ready to post it, I thought that 30 would be more fitting. Similarly, the different height is just because I actually pulled out the miniature and measured his height (but only after I made the card). I just forgot to update the image itself. I'll try to get around to fixing the image at some point; thanks for the heads up.

The Heavy Tackler is a double-spaced figure. Thanks for the reminder to make that clarification. I'll make sure to add that into the post.

I called the ability Team Player because it feels like he's setting up the Black Harts to me. Either by throwing their target away (so that they can then get their Group Tackle bonus again) or by purposefully not engaging with too many enemies, he can help his team excel a little bit more. Because of this, I don't view it as normal leadership, so I'm hesitant to call it that (especially since I think that a Unique figure is more thematically matching for that role).

I do see how Loyal combined with Inspiring can imply a more strict leader/follower relationship, though. I originally had created a new personality "Determined" for all of the Athletes, but I later went back and attempted to convert them into either official or C3V personalities to make them fit more. I had intended that "Loyal" was aimed towards the team as a whole, not specifically the Heavy Tacklers, while the Heavy Tacklers simply were inspiring because of their strength and ability to help.

Thanks for the feedback! You've caught a lot of mistakes that I need to fix, along with giving some nice points about the personalities for me to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Hey Astro, I see you’ve been busy.

Arboris - Cool dude. His capability in battle will be completely based upon what your opponent uses. Firebomb Zelrig for example can blow a large portion if your points away as early as turns 2 or 3. Cyprien can also turn the Ent into a husk fairly easily. I’d also see how he fares against non-suicide heroes of similar cost before settling on his cost. Thing like Agent Carr and Drake Alexander. A full Overgrowth Arboris could be tasking for those heroes.
Now that I've finished my classes for the year, I can devote a little more time to fleshing out this thread.

I agree on much of your sentiment about Arboris. He was somewhat of a nightmare to price because of how variable his stats are (and that's before considering that he uses markers for health), but I definitely think that I erred on the high side to avoid him being overpowered.

I'd like to point out that he gets a marker at the start of the first round as well, so he should be able to at least survive one attack from Zelrig or Cyprien to give your army a chance to engage him, but at the very least, your opponent will likely have to overextend to kill Arboris that early and leave a much more expensive figure in a compromised position. It'll be difficult to fully compare him to Agent Carr or Drake, since those begin at full strength (but aren't likely to be used that early), but they do fulfill similar roles.

Quote:
Heavy Tackler - Every team needs are QB and this guy is it! I’m not sure what the best strategy for this guy is: Charge him against 2 minis or 1 mini. Getting that bonded turn is very helpful, but Throw Damage is very unreliable. You’ll have to record or remember the reasoning for how the player uses him, since that directly affects his competitive level indirectly of his cost/stats. Good luck!

Boots of Valda - Darn, here I thought I would have gotten around to posting my only renamed version first. Move is a useful enough effect, and I’d rather have it than say Attack +2 vs Undead.

Glyph of Syn - This should make for a neat scenario glyph. -1 Range isn’t all that much of an effect, so I guess if someone wanted to use it in a Tourney, it wouldn’t be OP. Good to see someone else making glyphs now. You really can go freeform with them... sometimes you just need that OP glyph to help the castle attackers.

Good stuff Astroking!
Thanks for the thoughts on the Heavy Tackler. I had considered changing him to have Throw 12 and 3 Attack/5 Defense to make him more durable and emphasize the throwing over attacking, but I thought it would be interesting to see if players wanted to rely mostly on just throwing targets and saving the attack as a back-up to get that extra turn, or if they wanted to maximize his damage by engaging two figures at once. Also, since both Throw and Group Tackle only work on small/medium figures, I didn't want to make the faction too bad against large and huge figures.

Sorry for posting the Move +1 idea first! If it's any consolation, seeing your thread was the inspiration/reminder that I needed to post my glyph ideas here. I've always enjoyed the packs that include more glyphs, and I think that it's a bit of a shame that most people don't design any new ones. I doubt that I'll include a glyph with every pack that I design, but it'll be a nice addition every now and then.

As for the Glyph of Syn, I'd agree that Range -1 isn't too powerful. I had considered Range -2, but I thought it would've felt weird for the edge cases where having a lower range resulted in a higher one (such as Range 3 becoming 1, while Range 2 stays at 2).

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!
Old May 28th, 2018, 06:06 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

The addition of the Heavy Tackler makes the athletes more interesting to me. I actually have ideas for a similar theme (future bloodsport warrior-athletes) and these guys are very interesting to me because of that. I might have to pick up the Battleball figures. Are there enough in the box to do two squads?
Old May 28th, 2018, 07:51 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for your interest! I am considering making some minor updates to him (mostly to let him work with any Black Hart Unique Heroes as well), but those changes need some more time in the oven first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I might have to pick up the Battleball figures. Are there enough in the box to do two squads?
Unfortunately not. Each Battleball box contains a couple of distinct figures for each side (more suited to Unique Heroes than blending in with a squad) and 6 generic looking players for the Black Hart and Iron Wolf teams.

You could probably ignore the color difference and just say that you have 12 athletes for either side, though. If I have the time tomorrow, I can take a quick picture of the full set of miniatures in the box and post it here.
Old May 28th, 2018, 07:53 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

IF you remember! I'm interested in seeing what you could get from the box.
Old May 28th, 2018, 08:21 PM

I will wholeheartedly admit to a faulty memory. Hopefully this isn't one of the times that it fails me.
Old May 29th, 2018, 01:33 PM

My memory has not made a liar of me today!

The full set contains 20 single-spaced figures and 2 double-spaced ones. Here is a picture of the complete set in their box:

And here is one of them outside of it and grouped together somewhat. My current plans for the set are to create two Common Squads (Black Harts and Iron Wolves, one for each of the teams), one Common Hero (Heavy Tackler), two Uncommon Heroes, and 6.5 Unique Heroes.

Old May 29th, 2018, 01:57 PM

6.5 unique heroes?

Also, it looks like you could do two squads of 3 for each team, yes?
Old May 29th, 2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
6.5 unique heroes?
I stand by what I said.

Quote:
Also, it looks like you could do two squads of 3 for each team, yes?
I've been considering that more recently. Back when I posted the original draft for the Black Harts, I didn't have the box with me, so I couldn't tell how many were in the box.

I could easily change the Black Harts to be a 3-person squad and make Group Tackle subtract one defense die for every Black Hart that the target is engaged to, instead of every other one, but unfortunately only one Heavy Tackler is included in the box anyways, so it's likely that two copies of at least that side of the box will be needed for the faction. The only way I see around that one is making the Heavy Tackler a Unique Hero, which I don't like very much.
Old May 29th, 2018, 02:31 PM

Interesting. I might pick up a box for myself and let you know how it hits me.
Old May 30th, 2018, 12:00 PM

If you do, I'd love to hear how you feel about the figure distribution. I'm not a big fan of combining Unique Heroes into the same box as a single Common one, but at least the box can still be found for $5-$20 online.
Old May 30th, 2018, 12:05 PM

I'm fine with that sort of distribution if the box itself includes full multiples of the commons, like SOTM. One box is "enough" so to speak.

I'd be able to say more when I got my hands on one, of course. I'll look out on ebay and let you know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards