Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old December 17th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Aldin’s Traps of Terror

Welcome one and all. Contained within are devious and harrowing ways to thwart the aspirations of treasure seekers. Binding, bleeding, mauling and more awaits your fiendishly eager attention!

Yeah – I’m stoked by the previews. It looks like traps are bound only by the imagination when creating adventures. Having loved Grimtooth’s Traps growing up, it only seems proper to gather some ideas here for terrifying the too-bold adventurer. On first glance, it appears that traps will be D20 based – and at a guess, the Rogue gets an advantage in that roll (ETA - Confirmed!). The D20 roll constitutes the difficulty of the trap and is easily adjusted to make a more or less difficult trap.

Here’s just enough to associate one with each possible roll on a D20:

Movement Traps

Minnie’s Mild Misfortune
A strange odor dazes the adventurer giving their opponent the opportunity to immediately move them up to three spaces in any direction

Tom’s Terrific Torrent
A hidden rush of water bursts forth carrying the adventurer to a Water space of the opponent’s choice

Samuel’s Supple Shadows
The adventurer is instantly teleported to an otherwise empty Shadow space of the opponent’s choice.

Larry’s Lasting Limp
A rock shoots out of a previously unnoticed hole – ouch, that’s gonna leave a mark! The adventurer’s movement is permanently decreased by 1.

Harry’s Hideous Heaviness
A hypnotizing glitter leaves the adventurer permanently incapable of climbing, flight and/or stealth if they previously possessed those qualities.

Vinnie’s Vicious Vines
Entangling plants come to life, wrapping the adventurer in a cold, hating embrace. Until the adventurer spends an Order Marker removing the vines, they may not Move or roll Defense Dice.

Damage Traps

Lanny’s Little Lesion
Three small worms crawl up from the ground and eat their way into the flesh of the adventurer causing one unblockable wound.

Danny’s Devious Darts
The air buzzes with the passage of several enormous darts hurtling toward the adventurer! Roll an immediate attack of six attack dice. The adventurer defends normally.

Marge’s Massive Maul
As the adventurer grabs the treasure, an enormous block of stone drops from above. Roll an immediate attack of twelve attack dice. The adventurer defends normally. If the adventurer survives the attack, place them with the treasure (treasure side up) in any adjacent space.

Igor’s Invisible Insects
A swarm of invisible insects inflicts the adventurer. Roll one unblockable attack die. If a wound is caused, roll again until a wound is not caused or the adventurer is dead.

Benny’s Busy Bloodletting
The adventurer is cursed to bleed profusely and takes one additional wound whenever they take damage for any reason.

Pennyworth’s Pathetic Poison
A poisoned needle jabs under the flesh. Roll two attack dice. If neither are skulls, the adventurer has expelled the poison from their system. If one is a skull, the adventurer takes a single unblockable wound. If both are skulls, the adventurer takes one unblockable wound and rolls again.

Bertha’s Big Boom (credit Lamaclown)
A magical explosion detonates around the treasure. Roll three attack dice affecting the adventurer and any figures adjacent to the adventurer. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Sally’s Subtle Shock
Upon touching the treasure, electricity arcs into the adventurer. The adventurer and any figures in a chain of adjacent figures containing the adventurer immediately take one unblockable wound.

Other Traps

George's Generous Gesture (credit Toad Rocket)
The adventurer is strongly compelled to give the treasure to an enemy. Though carried, the treasure remains glyph side down and whenever an Order Marker is revealed on the adventurer they must attempt to move adjacent to an enemy figure and give the treasure to them (glyph side up). The adventurer cannot attack or use any special abilities until the treasure has been given to an enemy figure. The treasure cannot be dropped.

Hawthorne’s Unholy Hatred (credit Messenger)
The adventurer is overcome by a sudden loathing of his companions. Your opponent may immediately take a turn with this figure.

Oliver’s Elusive Endowment (credit Oliver Upshaw)
The seemingly solid treasure shimmers and begins to dance lightly away from the adventurer. Your opponent may immediately move the unrevealed treasure glyph up to four spaces into any unoccupied, non-lava space.

Vlad’s Vampiric Vapor
A foul mist rises from the treasure, flowing through the adventurer and into his foe. Your opponent may transfer wound markers from a single one of his army cards to the card of the figure which tripped the trap until the card is empty of wound markers or until taking an additional wound marker would kill the figure.

Ethel’s Entity Exchange
The adventurer is instantly elsewhere! Your opponent switches the location of any figure on the board with that of the adventurer. Figures may only be replaced by another figure occupying the same number of spaces.

Luke’s Lousy Luck
On the way to the treasure, the adventurer unwittingly crushes a genuinely magical four-leaf clover. The next time a D20 is rolled it will have the worst result for the adventurer, a 1 if you roll it or a 20 if your opponent rolls it (for simultaneous rolls, both happen).

As time goes on I intend to update with a growing list of clever traps and would be happy to include input from others if I like it.

Until then, may all your dungeons be filled with the hopeless screams of the dying!

~Aldin, Grimtoothily

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Last edited by Aldin; January 15th, 2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:07 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Aldin’s Traps of Terror

Georges Generous Gesture
The adventurer must give this treasure to any one of his opponents figures of his choosing.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:36 PM

Messenger has disabled reputation

Hawthorne's UnHoly Hatred
The adventurer is overcome by a sudden loathing of his companions. Your opponent may immediately take a turn with this figure.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old December 17th, 2009, 01:41 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Good ideas!
Long ago I created a custom figure with special abilities revolving around the use of traps. Here are the ones I came up with. They are worded as special attacks but could be adapted for Trap Glyph purposes.

The idea for this trap actually came from a short article in an HS Codex issue. The article was about random glyph placement. When I read it I thought the mechanics of it would make for a cool special ability. I am still working on the wording of this one.

Also, I found this link to a free reading of Grimtooth's Traps. It is good for inspiration.

Also, this guy has some interesting ideas that could be adapted as well.

Anyhow, those are my humble contributions.
Old December 17th, 2009, 10:05 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Blaze's burning fury

A sudden burst of flame engulfs the hero. Roll 5 unblockable attack dice. If all of them turn out to be skulls, the figure is automatically destroyed.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:44 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great work, Aldin! I used Igor’s Invisible Insects in my campaign.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:33 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

One idea that I had for a trap was that your opponent gets to move the glyph 4 spaces. They can not place it on another figure, glyph or molten lava space.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:51 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's great, Velenne! I'm adding a few to the list that are either inspired by or verbatim for ideas posted here. If I have altered your concept in a way that you dislike let me know and I'll remove it from my list.

~Aldin, finally back

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:56 PM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It would be nice to have an official list of 20 traps and roll the d20 to determine what trap was on Brandar's chest.
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkerson View Post
It would be nice to have an official list of 20 traps and roll the d20 to determine what trap was on Brandar's chest.
We're up to 17 now. I imagined that scenario creators would create a scenario specific list of which traps were possible on any given chest. I'd love to have this list grow well past twenty to give lots of fun and interesting choices to everyone.

~Aldin, stocking his lair

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Excellent work! These traps are devious and mean...in other words, great!

Newb.
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

These are great!

(and you should put them on my new Treasure Glyph template )

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios