Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 30th, 2007, 09:30 AM

dabluesman is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
NoVA Gathering

I've compiled the info from the gathering that Darth Stalker has organized.

NoVA 'Scapers tournament

Place: Sherwood Regional Library
Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM (at the latest)
Date: March 31st 2007

Its not what most would call a true tournament. No entry fee = no prizes. Just a gathering where some NoVA people and DC people can play as much as possible. Of course, anyone willing to drive from Richmond or Maryland (or even Montana for that matter) is more than welcome.

Rules of engagement: One on one games of 400 point armies. Maps used will depend on the number of participants.

Bring two armies a 400 point army for the first rounds and a 450 point army (which can not contain any unit from your 400 point army) if you are one of the final two. The intention here is to see how well the winner can run any so if you run Q-9 or Krav Maga really well in a 400 point army then great you'll make it to the final two. But then the two best should change armies and prove that they aren't just superior at army building but superior at playing the game. Also, it means that we will see more of a mix opponents.

I should also mention that for the puposes of people being able to use their armies on all boards that all boards will be considered to have 24 hex starting zones. Just add the next row on some maps if neccesary.

We use the same army for all rounds except round 4

No glyphs.

Players 1 & 2 will start on Table of the Giants
Players 3 & 4 will start on Forsaken Waters
Players 5 & 6 will start on Forgotten Forest*
Players 7 & 8 will start on Soulrazor Canyon

*The bridge on the Road to the Forgotten Forest will not be available as a starting zone for either army. Extra terrain will be added to one side of Road to the Forgotten Forest (most likely a 7 hex will be thrown on the side that includes the bridge as the starting zone to compensate for the lost area).

Other players (if applicable) will start on maps that [Darth Stalker] will pull directly from [Darth Stalker's] rectum within the final few minutes of starting to play.

Tentative initial match-ups based on current list of participants:

Game 1
=========
- John vs. Clark
- Roger (me) vs. one of Clark's friends
- Spawn of Roger vs. Spawn of John
- Clark's second friend vs. WestonWyse

Game 2
=========
- Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2
- Winner of Game 3 vs. Winner of Game 4
- Loser of Game 1 vs. Loser of Game 2
- Loser of Game 3 vs. Loser of Game 4

Game 3
=========
- 2 and 0 winners face off
blah, blah, blah

Game 4 (if we have time)
Two highest point totals will face off for the championship with the 450 point army I had mentioned in a previous post.. If there is not enough time then the winner of the 2 and 0 game will be declared "Grand Uber Geek and Master of little men" The winner of the 2 and 0 game would obviously have the most points of anyone anyway.[/i]
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:48 AM

FYI, here is a link to the map...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...gional+library

-John
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:56 AM

We're still taking participants if anyone would like to join. Looks like we may have some players dropping out, so anyone wanting to join us is welcome! Plus, if you sign up now, we can make sure we have a map planned so that you don't have to play on the muchly feared map that Stalker has declared will be pulled from his rectum for those that join at the last minute

-John
Old March 30th, 2007, 11:02 AM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabluesman
We're still taking participants if anyone would like to join. Looks like we may have some players dropping out, so anyone wanting to join us is welcome! Plus, if you sign up now, we can make sure we have a map planned so that you don't have to play on the muchly feared map that Stalker has declared will be pulled from his rectum for those that join at the last minute

-John
Nervous about that, huh?

Yes, It would be idea to have eight players but I certainly would not mind more to make sure we have a minimum of eight. Anyone in MD or DC is more than welcome to take the drive across the bridge to join us. I will probably have a couple (or more) sets of Master set figs in the event that someone who is familiar with the game but does not own it would like to play.

Help me doctor, I think I have hypochondria!
As the Chinese zombie said..."Blains!"
Old March 30th, 2007, 03:44 PM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Good news! As far as I know, all eight are still planning to show.

Help me doctor, I think I have hypochondria!
As the Chinese zombie said..."Blains!"
Old March 30th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_stalker
Good news! As far as I know, all eight are still planning to show.
Good, and thanks for the update!

-John

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events