Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old November 8th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI, his extra movement after attacking is not boostable by the roads.

Newb.
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
And his regular movement is only boosted by the roads if he's walking instead of flying.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 8th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Knight
Definitely. He's unstoppable on highways and dieways (with rats.)
Highways and Dieways is an interesting choice. Laglor and Q10 create real problems for the Rats and once they're gone the road mobility brutalizes any speed advantages the Surfer has. I think I need to play that out...

~Aldin, holding glyphs with the KMA

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
And his regular movement is only boosted by the roads if he's walking instead of flying.
Roads boost his regular movement regardless of whether he walks or flies. I just checked the rulebook and FAQ.
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakysak
Quote:
Roads boost his regular movement regardless of whether he walks or flies. I just checked the rulebook and FAQ.
When he flies he's not on the road... so no boost.

~Aldin, who notes that that's why fliers don't stop on glyphs either

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 8th, 2007, 09:29 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
It is my opinion that, even though the two genres are supposed to be compatible, Marvel figures over 300 points are too powerful against classic HS. It takes way more luck than tactics to bring them down, especially Thanos and Silver Surfer.
I laugh at this statement, with the exception of the Silver Surfer (who I haven't used yet). I've never had much trouble with the Hulk, and in our games, the only time I used Thanos he basically got backed into a corner with the Hulk and died to Marro Warriors plus Hulk. The Hulk, in turn, always dies to Tor-Kul-Na. I haven't played against Abomination yet, but I assume he's easier to take on then Silver Surfer and the Hulk with Tor-Kul-Na. Theoretically, Tor-Kul-Na CAN beat the Silver Surfer, you just have to corner him with Nagrubs and kick him with your stomps. Easier said then done, though.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Laglor and Q10 create real problems for the Rats and once they're gone the road mobility brutalizes any speed advantages the Surfer has. I think I need to play that out...
I think that would work well. My problem was that once I fought off the rats and had lost Marcus to him, I had to chase him around with the few remaining 4th Mass linemen, only getting to roll 3 or so (wait then fire or height.) It did little against his high defense and all of the trees on that map. I hurt him a little with Drake, but too little too late.
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
How about

Q9 180
Venocs x8 320
Total: 500 (and 26 hexes)

The surfer can only take out one viper per turn, and the vipers can pretty much rely on an average of about three attacks per turn (frenzy cancelling out with those times when they don't have the board covered). Q9 is there to deal with whatever friends the surfer has brought to the fight.
Old November 9th, 2007, 10:42 AM

hakysak is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Quote:
Quote:
When he flies he's not on the road... so no boost.

~Aldin, who notes that that's why fliers don't stop on glyphs either

I'm not trying to be rude here, but where does it say that? I've never seen it.
Old November 9th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
It is my opinion that, even though the two genres are supposed to be compatible, Marvel figures over 300 points are too powerful against classic HS. It takes way more luck than tactics to bring them down, especially Thanos and Silver Surfer.
I laugh at this statement, with the exception of the Silver Surfer (who I haven't used yet). I've never had much trouble with the Hulk, and in our games, the only time I used Thanos he basically got backed into a corner with the Hulk and died to Marro Warriors plus Hulk. The Hulk, in turn, always dies to Tor-Kul-Na. I haven't played against Abomination yet, but I assume he's easier to take on then Silver Surfer and the Hulk with Tor-Kul-Na. Theoretically, Tor-Kul-Na CAN beat the Silver Surfer, you just have to corner him with Nagrubs and kick him with your stomps. Easier said then done, though.
I'm looking at Tor-Kul-Na's card and there's nothing on it that would imply to me that he'd last long against the Hulk on his own. Do you mean with Nagrubs? Even then, it seems to me that after the initial Trample Stomp (which he'd only get if he won initiative the first round), he'd be at a disadvantage to the Hulk. I haven't yet played the two against one another, though... how precisely does the match-up usually play out?

As for the Silver Surfer, theoretically anybody can beat him... if they can catch him. But any earthbound hero without a ranged attack is going to eat it pretty bad, unless you're playing on a perfectly flat board that's only 10 hexes by 10 hexes.
Old November 9th, 2007, 12:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb
Even then, it seems to me that after the initial Trample Stomp (which he'd only get if he won initiative the first round)
TKN can attempt Trample Stomp every single turn.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb
Even then, it seems to me that after the initial Trample Stomp (which he'd only get if he won initiative the first round)
TKN can attempt Trample Stomp every single turn.
Oh... that's good to know ) So he's got a pretty good shot at giving the Hulk 2 or 3 wounds per turn. Hmmm... I guess that evens it up a bit. I guess with Nagrubs, I could see how he might get the edge. But even then, I would think the Hulk would have at least an even chance of clobbering him... I'll have to play this match-up sometime soon...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion