Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old June 21st, 2021, 03:07 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: Welcome to the Engineers of Valhalla

Regarding the outside properties — Marvel, D&D, Harry Potter, Star Wars — it's also worth noting that not all players incorporate these things into their core Heroscape experience. Some do, and some don't. The Marvelized side of the product line has obviously developed a very clear identity and track of its own within this fan community. That doesn't stop anybody from mixing the two to their heart's content, but it does protect the thematic integrity of both sides of the house. Hordes of C3G aficionados focus on that side without intrusions by soulborgs and D&D monsters disrupting the comic continuum, the core Scape side continues on its path without kryptonite and spandex intruding on the game they love, and everybody who wants to mix the two does so whenever they like.

With that in mind, perhaps there could be two "tracks" of EoV development. I'm not sure what the best labels would be, but functionally I'm brainstorming a core/classic terrain track and an "expanded universe" track. C/C would ask the WWHD question (and expect a thoughtful answer) while EU could, if it wanted to, accommodate anything from Star Wars Hoth shield generators to a Quidditch field to Smurf mushroom houses.

EDIT: Maybe a simpler option would be having it all one development track but categorizing each design with a "theme tier" that tries to measure how far it is from the center. Perhaps something like this:

Tier 1: What Would Hasbro Do?
Tier 2: What Would WotC Do?
Tier 3: What Would You Do?

Tier 2 would speculate on what could have happened if Heroscape had continued officially and incorporated other properties. Tier 3 would allow designs beyond the Tier 2 level of speculation. Each tier would have its own proponents, and those proponents could vote on what qualifies for that tier.

This tries to avoid both the "authenticity" side of the house being disappointed by too much dilution and the "creativity" side of the house being disappointed by too much rejection. A wide variety of designs would be accommodated, and knuckle-dragging purists like me could focus on the Tier 1 designs.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 21st, 2021, 09:41 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good point about Marvelscape, and I know some folks don't count the D&D scape as official.

I like this idea of categorizing items by theme. Earlier there was some discussion of applying either a competitive or casual label, but I like this three tier idea. In my mind, all the classic terrain is compatible with the competitive scene and the casual label would apply to that third tier (either because of the theme of the design or the ruleset behind it).

I would label the tiers as Classic Core, Expanded Universe, and Personal Play.

Connecting to my view of the mission, this gives players a good central source for vetted terrain designs that they can effectively print and play. If they want to use it on a tournament caliber map, go for it. If they want to create a game night scenario on a Star Wars map or WWII battlefield, go for it. If they want to create a great visual design using every piece in their collection and some cool new terrain features, go for it. I think the physical look should be compatible with HeroScape no matter what, and the tiers are a great way to segregate out themes or powers that seem mismatched to an official release.
Old June 21st, 2021, 10:22 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm game for that.

That seems like an open path for a lot of creative design that can still get recognition with varying degrees of acceptability. I definitely agree that everything should have a distinct physical look that fits in with current terrain, same scale and whatnot.
Old June 22nd, 2021, 12:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What're you talking about, JustaBill?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 22nd, 2021 at 12:00 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2021, 11:55 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
A separate throwaway would be good here, yes, SirA.
Throwaway!
Inside joke, or am I just ignorant?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 22nd, 2021, 12:00 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
A separate throwaway would be good here, yes, SirA.
Throwaway!
Inside joke, or am I just ignorant?
We were giving him control of the OP here.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 22nd, 2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I'm not understanding this question, either (it seemed to appear after I made my last post).

Old June 22nd, 2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Sorry, I'm not understanding this question, either (it seemed to appear after I made my last post).
I edited that to mess with you. You're all good.

Old June 22nd, 2021, 06:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think it was a joke about your post referencing a post that no longer exists because Bats merged it to give Sir Art control of the OP.
Old June 22nd, 2021, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think it was a joke about your post referencing a post that no longer exists because Bats merged it to give Sir Art control of the OP.
Code:
beep

Hello, this is Bill's aneurysm.  He is unable 
     to take your call right now. To record a get-
     well message,  press 1.  For the date,  time, 
     and location of the  hospital  release  event 
     (or funeral, depending on the outcome), press 
     2.  To place a lowball bid on his  figure and 
     terrain collection,  press 3.  To repeat this 
     message, press 4.  If you need information on 
     the time-wasting properties of Heroscape, you 
     may press 9 at any time to speak to his wife/
     widow.

Old June 23rd, 2021, 02:52 AM

Archie97 knows what's in an order marker Archie97 knows what's in an order marker

I think the tier system sounds like a great idea! Personally I think two tiers would keep things a little more streamlined, but if folks think more tiers, I'm not particularly fussed.
As a largely irrelevant side note, a stamp on the card designating tier, similar to the super strength one, could look really cool.
I suppose tiers would help add structure to the project as well, obviously C3V and such can sort their creations in several different ways, tiers gives us something other than alphabetical! Because we all know this is just a well thought out excuse to make a nice fancy Book index ��
Old June 23rd, 2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie97 View Post
a stamp on the card designating tier, similar to the super strength one, could look really cool.
Well, most Heroscape terrain pieces don't/won't have cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles