Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 1st, 2009, 12:39 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
My first thought thought about Atlaga was "anything in one go?" Sure thats a great ability, but I probably wouldn't use it. One shot one kill... its almost ominous. I'd let him sit close behind the main fight just as a threat. They want to bring their heavy hitter in, but can't because that guy in green tights is watching!

Also it's only a 25% chance, so really its all just a mind game anyway.
A 25% chance to auto-destroy any unit (from 5 spaces away!) isn't exactly a "longshot" either though. Any smart player will have to respect that chance if they are fielding any units worth more than 100 points or so.

I think the key to defeating Atlaga and the Protectors as well, is to field masses (hint hint) of ranged common squads.
I agree with all of it, but 25% once per game is very different than 25%. Sure that is a very high auto kill rate, but your chances of missing are 75%. I could never count that as a kill before I use it.

Respect it? Yes, but if you miss with it (which is 3 times more likely than a hit) your opponent will not respect it for the rest of the game.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:23 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Yes, but if nothing else Atlaga will draw fire away from your other Kyrie for an extra round (or two) while the threat still exists.

As was said earlier, the effect of the power is more on your opponents mind than your using it as a key strategy.

-insert signature here-
Old June 1st, 2009, 04:58 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is NOT good on the front lines. From what I saw from him yesterday in a proxy game, he needs to be used as a late game figure. He's far too fragile, and Bolt of Witherwood just doesn't have the confidence that you would think. One 7, and you feel like crap.
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:20 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
This is NOT good on the front lines. From what I saw from him yesterday in a proxy game, he needs to be used as a late game figure. He's far too fragile, and Bolt of Witherwood just doesn't have the confidence that you would think. One 7, and you feel like crap.
Indeed. Atlaga is the epitome of clean-up, but he also gives you a great boost while he's milling around in your start zone waiting for his turn to shine.
Old June 1st, 2009, 06:24 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Atlaga is great for a sudden death game, like the Big Old Monster Battle at this year's GenCon, where killing a specific unit wins automatically.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:03 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Aren't the odds of losing a figure to Sudema just a little worse than losing one to Atlaga? Why then, is there all this commotion about his Witherwood Bolt? Sudema has an autokill ability with a slightly lower chance to score, but she can also use it all day. That being said, she rarely sees the light of day in most playing circles and certainly isn't tournament worthy. I think Atlaga's main strength lays in his movement boost to all Kyrie and his role as a solid warrior.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Aren't the odds of losing a figure to Sudema just a little worse than losing one to Atlaga? Why then, is there all this commotion about his Witherwood Bolt? Sudema has an autokill ability with a slightly lower chance to score, but she can also use it all day. That being said, she rarely sees the light of day in most playing circles and certainly isn't tournament worthy. I think Atlaga's main strength lays in his movement boost to all Kyrie and his role as a solid warrior.
I think you've got it. Atlaga aslo has a ranged attack and can fly. He's more mobile than Sudema is, and for less points.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I think you've got it. Atlaga aslo has a ranged attack and can fly. He's more mobile than Sudema is, and for less points.
The real reason is that Bolt of the Witherwood is just a bonus you get for using Atlaga - not the reason you draft him. Stare of Stone is the only thing Sudema has going for her.... period.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Also, he can use the Bolt and still use his normal attack, which hits hard on its own. The bolt is icing on the cake.

If I were playing in War of the Worlds, I'd strongly consider a Valhalla army now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:35 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Also, he can use the Bolt and still use his normal attack, which hits hard on its own. The bolt is icing on the cake.

If I were playing in War of the Worlds, I'd strongly consider a Valhalla army now.
I could see something like this doing pretty well, as I doubt Braxas will see much play:

Atlaga - 90
Raelin - 170
Sentinels / Minions / Protectors x2 - 390

I'd probably be going with the Sentinels - they're just so tough to kill with Raelin.

EDIT: I don't really see a decent Runa / Valhallan army at those point totals. The best I can come up with is:

Atlaga - 90
Raelin - 170
Runa - 290
Minions - 400

and I don't like that at all.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I was kicking ideas around in my head earlier and came up with this:

Atlaga
2x Minions
Nilfheim

5 move minions, poweful clean up figure in Atlaga, and anti-rat and everything else in Nilfheim.

I'm going to have to play test this guy and this army soon.
Old June 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
I was kicking ideas around in my head earlier and came up with this:

Atlaga
2x Minions
Nilfheim

5 move minions, poweful clean up figure in Atlaga, and anti-rat and everything else in Nilfheim.

I'm going to have to play test this guy and this army soon.
I'm looking forward to trying this as well. Only 8 figures, but they're all oh so good.
I've been contemplating a similar army with Zelrig instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units