Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old August 30th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Rest in Peace Revdyer

Learned today of the passing of a beloved member David Harrison Dyer Revdyer. While I know this is news of a member and not Heroscape itself this site and the game would not have been what it is without his dedication to the game. Thank you for everything David. I'll remember the trouncing you gave me years ago at Gencon fondly.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 30th, 2020, 01:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Rest in Peace Revdyer

RIP David.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 30th, 2020, 02:27 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While I never met him in person, he was a fantastic man and so easy to talk with. Rev, may you rest easy and in peace. Heroscapers wont be the same without you.

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Old August 30th, 2020, 03:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

A little less light in the world, which means we all have to shine that much brighter.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 30th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

He was a kind man, loving, and generous with his time. I’ll miss him greatly.
Old August 30th, 2020, 09:31 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Damn 2020 to hell..No..* * * * 2020. Just when you thought this * * * * year couldn't deliver more awful news.

I'm sad but not shocked. I talked to Dave a few months ago and he didn't sound well.

He was a Preacher but not "preachy" at all. He's one of the few Men of the Cloth that I ever respected.

I'm gonna miss LATE LATE nights at Gen Con drinking Bourbon and telling stories until 3 AM. Color me shocked but who knew that that there was such a thing as gomorrahmy. ( DO NOT Google it) Rev did LOL

NO ONE could run a Rat army against you and kick your ass as thoroughly as The Rev could. No One.

He was a hell of a human being and he will be missed by those that knew him.

I like to think that we really are living in the End Times and Rev didn't die he was just Raptured home before the rest of us.

Second star to the right and straight on till morning my Brother

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Last edited by quozl; August 31st, 2020 at 11:34 AM.
Old August 30th, 2020, 11:12 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

I'm sorry to hear this. I never interacted with him, but seems he was a pretty great guy. RIP Rev...

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old August 31st, 2020, 01:08 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dave (or just "Rev" as I'll always think of him) was such a huge part of the early days of this community. I can't help but think that the culture of kindness and civility that characterizes these forums were in part due to his calming influence. He was such a genuinely good soul, and his mere presence here made you want to be your better self.

He will be fondly remembered and missed by many. We should all be so lucky to touch so many lives and leave such a legacy.

Edit: As a measure of his impact on this community, he has over 13,000 posts, the second highest on the site - despite not having posted in the past five years.
Old August 31st, 2020, 03:39 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

RIP, know we'll meet again.
I suggest everyone check out his profile on Scaper of the Week - 15 (200, which includes these favorites:

Quote:
When did you get into Heroscape and why?
In October of 2005, I was looking for a toy knight to illustrate a children’s sermon on the idea of putting on “the full armor of the Lord.” I went to Toys R Us and was looking around. There I saw a package with four beautiful knights in it, which was great. Since I usually have four children for the lesson, I could give each of them one to take home; and I did. That left me with this other thing, some blue dude on a saber-toothed cat, a Swog rider. That got me interested in finding out what kind of game these pieces were from. So I went back to the store and saw the now famous Bubble Display for HeroScape. That was enough for me, and I bought the game right then and there.

Favorite aspect of HeroScape and why?
My favorite aspect of HeroScape is that it has been, for me, very therapeutic. I got into the game just before my second battle with cancer, and I found through the next three years of chemotherapy that playing HeroScape gave me a place of calm healing, when my attention could be focused on something other than my own pained body. In terms of game play, what I like best is that no two games are alike, with an infinite map design and an almost infinite army possibility.
What do you enjoy most about Heroscapers.com?
Were it not for Heroscapers.com I would not have met so many of the people that I am now glad to call friends. I doubt if I would ever have attended a tournament, let alone host one, without the site. I’m pretty sure I would never have gone to GenCon without the buzz on the site about that, too. I also love having the easy resources of the BOOKS and the Rules .pdfs and the Advanced FAQ so handy.
What message do you have for the community ?
Try to remember that we are here on the site to give each other help and joy, not grief and irritation.
Old September 1st, 2020, 12:49 AM

rommel1369 is surprisingly tart

Sad to hear this

RIP

A few maps http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30190
Good Trades-KTZ-XXleprecaunXX, Vydar, generalgina, chaoserver
Old September 1st, 2020, 09:17 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Sad news indeed. I did not have the pleasure to know Dave personally, and I only met him once briefly at GenCon, but I definitely know that his influence and dedication to this site in the early days was instrumental in it’s success. He, among a few others, were the pillars that this place was built on. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Very sad.
Old September 1st, 2020, 12:44 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Thank you for the BOOKS, RIP Revdyer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News