Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 26th, 2008, 04:45 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Deathwalker 9000

If the attacking figure is not adjacent to the Krav, they get to use their Stealth Dodge ability.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 29th, 2008, 12:30 AM

Zhoom45 Woo who?

9000 is great if he can roll okay. My brother loves to use him, and always seems to suffer from what he calls 'chronic Deathwalker syndrom.' This is when the 9 defense is taken down by 2 attack, or something pathetic like that. He looked up online his chances of rolling at least one shield, and it was like 97.9% or something. So later that day, we're playing, I attack him, he says, "now remember, I have a 97.9% chance of rolling at least one shield. And he rolled a shield. Only one shield. The mighty Deathwalker 9000, destroyed by a marro warrior. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. He didn't play as Deathwalker for months!

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.

Last edited by Zhoom45; December 29th, 2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM

Redfish12X is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'm confused about the Power Ranking thing. What Is "The Rule of the Deathwalkers?"

Is it, like, only one allowed? Not allowed to use both 9000 and 7000?

</is confused>

Proud owner of the Elite Onyx Vipers.
Sad player who doesn't own 4th Massachusetts Line.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish12X View Post
I'm confused about the Power Ranking thing. What Is "The Rule of the Deathwalkers?"

</is confused>
While they have high defense, Deathwalkers have only 1 life. This makes them a huge risk. The 'Rule of the Deathwalkers' is, basically, that when you need it the most, a DW will whiff on defense and fall (usually to a single skull).
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM

Nathify is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Yeah, you know it's pretty freaky I have Deathwalker 9000 and Isamu. Major Q10 uses wrist rocket Q10 uses wrist rocket on Deathwalker 9000 and Isamu and he gets 1 skull both times. Isamu fails to vanish but survives and the Deathwalker dies!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:07 PM

Redfish12X is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

</is confused>
While they have high defense, Deathwalkers have only 1 life. This makes them a huge risk. The 'Rule of the Deathwalkers' is, basically, that when you need it the most, a DW will whiff on defense and fall (usually to a single skull).
That makes sense. In fact, in my experiences, it usually gets only 0 to 2 shields.

I knocked it down with the Elite Onyx Vipers one time.

Proud owner of the Elite Onyx Vipers.
Sad player who doesn't own 4th Massachusetts Line.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:22 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

</is confused>
That makes sense. In fact, in my experiences, it usually gets only 0 to 2 shields.

I knocked it down with the Elite Onyx Vipers one time.
It is also known as their special ability; Tin Foil Armor.
Tin Foil Armor-
The more defense dice you roll with the Deathwalkers, the less sheilds you get.
This is common sense because with figures with 3 defense are more likely to roll at least one shield than figures with 9 defense.
In common terms, it means you are more likely to whiff with more dice.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:40 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay... I've got to share. I had Q9 on height, next to jungle in range of Raelin RotV - He was rolling ELEVEN dice - naturally he whiffed. I was whining about it and my fellow 'Scaper piped in with "You know what the problem was, right? Rolling that many dice Q9 thought he was a Deathwalker!"

~Aldin, still laughing at that one

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:01 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Okay... I've got to share. I had Q9 on height, next to jungle in range of Raelin RotV - He was rolling ELEVEN dice - naturally he whiffed. I was whining about it and my fellow 'Scaper piped in with "You know what the problem was, right? Rolling that many dice Q9 thought he was a Deathwalker!"

You know what? The last tourney I played in, I whiffed once with Q9 throwing 11 dice. Maybe he's subconsciously turning into a Deathwalker and nobody realizes it.

In a couple of months, Q9 will be a C in the Power Rankings, and everyone will be saying he needs a boost in Wave 9.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

Alright, I came here because I wanted to note something about the Deathwalkers.

Some call them glass-jaws and say that they are weak, because if you blank on defense then your fig is gone. However, there are some points being overlooked:

1) A defense of 9 is very good. Yes, you do not get many shields with the DWs. I thought of these guys as weak at one point. However, think about the probability of getting shields. We expect 9 defense to get us 5 shields every time, but that's just not true. The average of getting shields is 1:3, 1 shield for every 3 defense. Therefore, DW 9000 should get an average of 3 shields whenever you roll. That will block most attacks! However, we mock 9000 for weak defense, but praise Q9 for his defense because it's so high, and IF his armor is broken through, he has 4 life to fall back on. Yes, life is good, but 7 defense (2.33 shield average) is not nearly as good as 9 (3 shield average). And please note, Q9 IS worth 40 points more than 9000.

2) Anyone can skimp on defense. Yes, life is good to fall back on. With the DWs one bad step equals destruction. But here's what we're missing. How many times have we drafted a squad or a hero expecting it to wreak havoc on the battlefield and then one bad roll seals its fate? It doesn't only happen with DWs. In fact, it happened just today with Q9. One strike from a Kozuke took out all 4 of its life. That's a bad hit! And that's not even the only time I've seen a hit like that on Q9. Sometimes a squad or hero kill zero points of their value. But normally they can do something, and they are expected to kill about their point value. Therefore, DWs are not supposed to eliminate the entire enemy army, but only 100, 130, or 140 points. Not all figs do as much as their point values, some do less, but the DWs do do their jobs.

3) Just because a fig is weak in one area doesn't mean it's weak period. We tend to let one bad trait overshadow the good traits. Put aside the low life and the chance of a bad role. What are the good points? DW 9000 has a range of 7 (uncommon), an attack of 4 (good for a hero, avg. 2 skulls), a defense of 9 (as mentioned above), as well as range enhancement for soulborg guards and an attack against groups (avg. 1-2 (1.5) skulls). DW 8000 has good range and defense like DW 9000, but not as good attack. But its rapidfire attack is useful. It can sweep the field for those weak squads or heroes. I have found this to be useful. DW 7000 is not good for regular combat. But for a walking bomb that could easily eliminate its point value, it's pretty good. 7 defense coupled with Stealth Dodge means virtual invincibility at a range! What about the bomb aspect? There is a slim chance (15%) that it will not work. That a little better than Kee-Mo-Shi's Mind Shackle 19 working. Otherwise, an automatic 2 wounds or more are dealt. Against just two effected units, that in itself is pretty nice! But there is a 25% chance to do 4 or 8 wounds! I have used him before, and in all (approx.) 3 battles, he's done just what I wanted him to. Unfortunately, he will short circuit every once in a while, but so will all figures, in their own way. Ever have Q9 or another champion just not get the right die rolls, and they end up getting two successful shots off before getting nailed. Same with DW 7000. Again, please keep in mind these, as well as all others, are not expected to kill any more or less then their point value.

See, DWs, like 9000, have great defense, but skimp in other things. That what makes them destructable. Otherwise, they'd be worth more, perhaps as much as the Marvels.

So, my statement is this: Don't leave out the DWs (or any like them) simply because they skimp in one area. If they just don't float your boat, fine. Maybe you don't want to play someone who looks like they should rule the battlefield, but are only worth 140 points. But don't decide in your head against a fig based on something like a weakness.

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:24 PM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp.nerd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

You know what? The last tourney I played in, I whiffed once with Q9 throwing 11 dice. Maybe he's subconsciously turning into a Deathwalker and nobody realizes it.

In a couple of months, Q9 will be a C in the Power Rankings, and everyone will be saying he needs a boost in Wave 9.
Blastatron bonding anyone?
Looks like I posted my tirade just in time, eh?

One thing I would possibly agree with, is that rolling more dice seems to result in more wiffs. If this is the case, don't roll all the dice at once; if, say, you are rolling 9 dice (like for DW 9000), roll them three at a time. or roll four, then five. or do whatever combination you like or find best works. Maybe this will solve it.

However, keep in mind it could be an illusion; for instance, more defense may look like it should be more shields, but how many shields do you usually get for 9 defense (maybe 3?), and how many for 3 defense (maybe 1?)? That's the expected average.

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old March 21st, 2009, 07:18 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Talking Re: The Book of Deathwalker 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst9 View Post
One thing I would possibly agree with, is that rolling more dice seems to result in more wiffs. If this is the case, don't roll all the dice at once; if, say, you are rolling 9 dice (like for DW 9000), roll them three at a time. or roll four, then five. or do whatever combination you like or find best works. Maybe this will solve it.
Rolling more dice statistically should cause less whiffs. I really think it just seems like you whiff more with more dice because you don't expect to, so you remember them. They say poker players never remember the big hands they've won, but they can explain, in detail, every bad beat they've ever had. I'm a poker player, and I agree with that statement.

Also, it might just be my pet peeve, but I loathe when people split up their dice rolls..... it feels like a waste of time that isn't necessary. Just roll all the dice - the chances are the same.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units