Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 18th, 2022, 04:56 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I am pretty sure that hoping for different tiers than what they actually gave us is just wishful thinking.
When we looked at large successfully crowdfunded campaigns, we were shocked that 70%+ backers were all-in backers. We are talking all-in packages of $600-$1000 and higher. Our expectation was that this would be flipped and the smaller percentage would be all-in. People’s spending habits in the hobby industry defy logic. One thing is for certain, you need constant excitement and a decent amount of FOMO to get those kind of numbers.

Haslab is just saying forget the lower tiers. All backers are all-in backers. The FOMO is the fear that this will pass us by without funding. The only thing missing is the excitement which loosens purse strings.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 18th, 2022, 04:57 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
When we looked at large successfully crowdfunded campaigns, we were shocked that 70%+ backers were all-in backers.
Who is "we" here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 18th, 2022, 04:57 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
I am pretty sure that hoping for different tiers than what they actually gave us is just wishful thinking.
Agree. I don’t think we’re getting tiers. And I don’t think this is funding. I just hope they look at all the whys and don’t just chalk it up to lack of interest.
Yeah, and the fact that half price won't get near half of product just makes potential smaller expansions in stores down the line seem to be too much money for new casual players.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 18th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
I think we'd be beyond lucky if they offered to divide this into two equal halves for $150 each at this point.

I see a lot of social media comments wanting like a $50~ package, which I don't even know what that would entail feasibly. 8 small figures, not units but figures, 50 hexes, a couple walls and a tree, along with rules, markers and dice for two players?
They've made it pretty clear that half the price would be quite a bit less than half the content.
And I think that’s fine. If you want a large audience to show their support to bring this system back, you don’t want to only go after the ones who will drop $250-$1,000+ on a massive collection like this (or multiple massive collections.)

$250 is a non-starter for a lot of people and we need a lot of people to support this.
At half the price, you’ll need double the number of backers. How would that work with the marketing you all are claiming is shoddy?
You’re still going to have a large number who will want everything and who will want multiples. Those are the backers we have right now. These people have raised over $662k. We’re missing out on those who want it back or want to try it for the first time who are immediately out at $250 but might be in at $125.

I really think there are a lot of these people out there.
There are a lot of them out there, but how will they know about the campaign? You can only penetrate the noise so far.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old October 18th, 2022, 05:00 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
When we looked at large successfully crowdfunded campaigns, we were shocked that 70%+ backers were all-in backers.
Who is "we" here?
My company. We did some light research a couple of years ago. The discovery of the all-in backers was jaw dropping for us as we always think purchasers are concerned about cost.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old October 18th, 2022, 05:04 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
When we looked at large successfully crowdfunded campaigns, we were shocked that 70%+ backers were all-in backers. We are talking all-in packages of $600-$1000 and higher. Our expectation was that this would be flipped and the smaller percentage would be all-in. People’s spending habits in the hobby industry defy logic. One thing is for certain, you need constant excitement and a decent amount of FOMO to get those kind of numbers.

Haslab is just saying forget the lower tiers. All backers are all-in backers. The FOMO is the fear that this will pass us by without funding. The only thing missing is the excitement which loosens purse strings.
Yeah. That's why I'm hoping this update will have some other secret exciting extras. It's almost halfway done and there hasn't been any reason for people to give it a second look besides the terrain breakdown.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 18th, 2022, 05:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:

I think this misses a bit on the psychological aspect the lower tier creates that motivates more purchases of the all-in tier. Having a lower option that feels more realistic keeps you engaged with the campaign and creates a lot of that FOMO feeling for you that transitions folks from thinking they'll just do the low buy-in to biting the bullet and going all-in. Eliminating that easier to swallow lower tier altogether means a lot of people will just balk at the only offering and walk away before they can get seduced into the larger offering through increased exposure.

That said, based on what you put here, what do you think is the reason for the missing excitement that loosens purse strings?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 18th, 2022, 05:11 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Question Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I think this misses a bit on the psychological aspect the lower tier creates that motivates more purchases of the all-in tier. Having a lower option that feels more realistic keeps you engaged with the campaign and creates a lot of that FOMO feeling for you that transitions folks from thinking they'll just do the low buy-in to biting the bullet and going all-in. Eliminating that easier to swallow lower tier altogether means a lot of people will just balk at the only offering and walk away before they can get seduced into the larger offering through increased exposure.

That said, based on what you put here, what do you think is the reason for the missing excitement that loosens purse strings?
I think the marketing should have started in earnest 6 weeks prior to launch. I think the marketing budget should be tripled. I think the marketing should be treating this like the most important product launch of the decade (regardless of whether it is). You can’t put all of your talent and effort into R&D, you must be willing to pierce the noise.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old October 18th, 2022, 05:11 PM

AStickInTheMud is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agree with this. There's a lot of research showing how offering a lower/smaller option actually INCREASES the sales of the "medium" or larger options (in drink sizes especially). I think there's two main reasons why this also works for kickstarters:

1: Showing the lower tier gives a sense of comparison, and allows a consumer to weigh their options, and fall into a completionist urge that rationalizes, "well it's not THAT much more, and look how much more I get," among others.

2: For those that are priced out of the higher tier, it garners support from those people that gives positive experiences and word-of-mouth exposure to those who WOULD go all-in. Kickstarters are usuallly made or broken on momentum, after all
Old October 18th, 2022, 05:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStickInTheMud View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agree with this. There's a lot of research showing how offering a lower/smaller option actually INCREASES the sales of the "medium" or larger options (in drink sizes especially). I think there's two main reasons why this also works for kickstarters:

1: Showing the lower tier gives a sense of comparison, and allows a consumer to weigh their options, and fall into a completionist urge that rationalizes, "well it's not THAT much more, and look how much more I get," among others.

2: For those that are priced out of the higher tier, it garners support from those people that gives positive experiences and word-of-mouth exposure to those who WOULD go all-in. Kickstarters are usuallly made or broken on momentum, after all
There's a similar psychological effect to having a lower funding goal with less product and then a ton of unlockable but realistic stretch goals (i.e. the typical, tried and true Kickstarter model). Having a super high, hard to reach funding goal with even higher stretch goals creates anti-momentum instead.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 18th, 2022, 05:18 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, but that’s Kickstarter. If you look at the Haslab platform, you would likely see that they have a smaller reach than KS. This means their campaign will only reach X number of people. Hasbro and AH have their own set of data to go by. They are likely concerned that a lower priced offering would require additional numbers of backers, and could turn some current backers into lower tier backers.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old October 18th, 2022, 05:20 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, yes, yes! The only psychology here is how many pledges can I afford? That’s not a good recipe for a successful campaign or a successful relaunch. Do you really want to see 1600 backers buying 5 sets each to raise $2 million?

And like Bats said, get that hook in first. Oh wow Heroscape is back?!?! And I can get a brand new set for $125 dollars (or $150). Heck yes!

Wait I can get 3 times as much for $250?!?! With exclusives!!! I gotta have those.

Cha Ching.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion