Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Rednax's Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I'll updating this thread pretty consistently, as soon as I feel I've playtested a map well enough.
You nailed it. That's the absolute key to creating really great maps. I know a few 'Scapers out there who post maps that they haven't even constructed in real life, let alone played on. I look forward to seeing what you come up with, Rednax.
Thank you. As much as I want to post some other maps, I'll hold off until I really like the vibe of that certain map. I try to keep to the general rules of mapbuilding (lava high, road low, start zones pretty far apart, etc.) but I usually like at least one game on a map before I post it here.

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 17th, 2009, 09:21 PM

YakRoller Woo who?

Quote:
Hello, all. I just joined Mediafire today, and am still getting used to the system. I have made over 100 maps, but I'll start this thread off with only the maps that I've played games on before and one other, that I can only assume would play like the original.

Tri Jungle

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 TJ
Glyphs: 3 Dagmar (Initiative) glyphs
Notes: Besides the variations in starting zones (some are mostly sand, some are half rock, etc.), it is exactly symmetrical. I've played two games on it, and neither of the games seemed to favor any specific unit or player. Action spread over most of the map, whether it be the starting zones, the hill in the middle, or the surrounding area of the hill.

Highways and Triways

Requirements: 1 RotV, 3 RttFF
Glyphs: 1 Random, Hidden Glyph
Notes: This map is a re-make of a classic: Highways and Dieways. If it's done before, forgive me, I just wanted to share my version of it. Most of the trees are just used as line of sight blockers, so I'm pretty sure you could get away with just 2 RttFF, if you don't use all the trees.

Any suggestions and criticism is welcome. Compliments are welcome, too!

Hope you all like my maps. I'll updating this thread pretty consistently, as soon as I feel I've playtested a map well enough. Thanks for checking!

~Rednax
Well done. Having seen the game on the first map come down to a Nakita v Heavy Grut v Elgrim throwdown, I'd say it was very fair to different types of armies. Someone I know says she can't believe you let a girl beat you.

Keep up the good work!
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRoller View Post
Well done. Having seen the game on the first map come down to a Nakita v Heavy Grut v Elgrim throwdown, I'd say it was very fair to different types of armies. Someone I know says she can't believe you let a girl beat you.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you very much, yakroller.

I got two new maps up. The first one is called Ticalla Stronghold. It is much like Invasion, and I even give LongHeroscaper credit for my inspiration. If you like Invasion, and are looking for a little bit of a twist to the map, I suggest Ticalla Stronghold.

The second map is called Ruins of Bleakwoode. It is one of those maps that you just happen to "make." I had no intentions while making it, I was just sort of bored. It is in no way ready for tournament play, and probably never will be. But, if you play on it, please post here and tell how uneven it was.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with getting the pictures to show up for these maps. I've inserted them, but one won't show at all, and the other says that the file is wrong. Hopefully, this will fix itself soon.

Thanks for looking at my maps.

~Rednax
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:22 PM

YakRoller Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:

Keep up the good work!

I got two new maps up. The first one is called Ticalla Stronghold. It is much like Invasion, and I even give LongHeroscaper credit for my inspiration. If you like Invasion, and are looking for a little bit of a twist to the map, I suggest Ticalla Stronghold.

The second map is called Ruins of Bleakwoode. It is one of those maps that you just happen to "make." I had no intentions while making it, I was just sort of bored. It is in no way ready for tournament play, and probably never will be. But, if you play on it, please post here and tell how uneven it was.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with getting the pictures to show up for these maps. I've inserted them, but one won't show at all, and the other says that the file is wrong. Hopefully, this will fix itself soon.

~Rednax
I like the looks of the Ticalla Stronghold, I'll have my Nakita agent daughter build it to give it a test play. She says hi.

YakRoller & YakRoller's daughter
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Keep up the good work!

~Rednax
I like the looks of the Ticalla Stronghold, I'll have my Nakita agent daughter build it to give it a test play. She says hi.

YakRoller & YakRoller's daughter
Thanks YakRoller. Tell me how the game goes. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

A grass tile in the Ruins of Bleakewood does not have anything under it. Did you verify it?

Other than that, I am hopefully going to make it! I'm subscibing to this thread!

MegaSilver, who likes rednax's maps.
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
A grass tile in the Ruins of Bleakewood does not have anything under it. Did you verify it?
Hmmmm. Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Just fill in the tiles in-between.

Quote:
Other than that, I am hopefully going to make it! I'm subscibing to this thread!
Just to look at it? Or play on it to. It's a lot of work just to stare at, but if you wish...

Quote:
MegaSilver, who likes rednax's maps.
Why thank you!

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:05 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Of course I am going to battle on it!

That's why I make them!

EDIT: Printed it out already!

MegaSilver
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Of course I am going to battle on it!

That's why I make them!

EDIT: Printed it out already!

MegaSilver
Yeah, if you're going to battle on it, it would probably be best if you took the little road section that leads between the two bridges on the island, and raise it up a little bit, with some spare tiles. This was one of the first maps I made, and I forgot to make the road high enough to be usable.

Anways, tell me how it goes. And if you really like my maps, I really suggest Tri Jungle for quick, three-player games. Those three initiative glyphs are what I like the most about them, it's always fun having initiative+24!
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:13 PM

Alright. I'll post when I can.

MegaSilver
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:

MegaSilver
Don't feel obligated to post. I would just really appreciate any advice or tips. Thanks, MegaSilver!

Okay, new map. Well, sort of. This is the same map that I posted in my scenario thread. I felt like I'd share it with you. So here it is:

Concan's Holdout

Old September 20th, 2009, 09:44 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:

MegaSilver
Don't feel obligated to post. I would just really appreciate any advice or tips. Thanks, MegaSilver!

Okay, new map. Well, sort of. This is the same map that I posted in my scenario thread. I felt like I'd share it with you. So here it is:

Concan's Holdout

Interesting map! I would enjoy to play on a map like that. The one detail that I enjoy is the water that cuts yo off on your way to the steps, I think it makes players need to draft armies according to the water and height.

~Knight of Feylund

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios