Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 13th, 2011, 04:49 PM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Arrow gruts x5 - 200
Krug - 320
Swogx2 - 370
Marcu - 390
Sgt. Drake - 110, 23 hexes
Sounds like fun.

Major Q9 -- 190
Fen Hydra -- 310
Syvarris -- 410
Raelin -- 490
Isamu -- 500

500 points and 7 hexes.

Syvarris and Q9 step up and pound whatever they want to at range. Raelin backs of course. Neither the Gruts or Swogs can really take attacks of 3 too well and both Q9 and Syvarris have multiple attacks. As soon as Krug begins moving, The ranged attacks switch to him, hopefully wounding him.

Which is where the Hydra comes in. The Hydra (hopefully) engages Krug just before Krug reaches Q9 and Syvarris. 4 attacks of 4 should quickly dispose of a wounded Krug. The Hydra can then become my focus as it moves forward under Raelin to finish off the Gruts (I'm hoping Q9 and Syvarris have finished the Swogs by now). Drake is then my biggest concern, but I have the Fen Hydra with 4 attacks of 4 and Q9 with 3 special attacks of 3, so Drake can do some damage, but won't last long.

Then it's just the long, arduous task of hunting down all those pesky Gruts and polishing off Marcu.

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep
Old March 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post

Arrow gruts x5 - 200
Krug - 320
Swogx2 - 370
Marcu - 390
Sgt. Drake - 110, 23 hexes

Krug and Swog engage while arrow gruts pelt the MRT from 2 spaces away. Easy to disengage to the krav if/when they come out. Sgt. Drake, if needed, is perfect as cleanup. Marcu is there for the next army...
AE 110
Einar Imperium x2 390 (280)
Empress kiova 470 (90)
Guilty 500 (30)

With a little luck the A.E. Drop immediately and bomb the enemy start zone. If not, they kill the swogs, and a good chunk of the gruts. The EI anF kiova because I think they could excel against low defense and to be different. Guilty because he is cool.

Edit: ninja'd

Last edited by dart48; March 13th, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old March 13th, 2011, 05:59 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneSnap View Post

Major Q9 -- 190
Fen Hydra -- 310
Syvarris -- 410
Raelin -- 490
Isamu -- 500

500 points and 7 hexes.
120 Kurrok
80 Raelin
280 Fire elementals x 8
20 Marcu

Firestorm should succeed since you have no screen.
Old March 14th, 2011, 06:59 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:

Major Q9 -- 190
Fen Hydra -- 310
Syvarris -- 410
Raelin -- 490
Isamu -- 500

500 points and 7 hexes.
120 Kurrok
80 Raelin
280 Fire elementals x 8
20 Marcu

Firestorm should succeed since you have no screen.
Brunak-110
Kaemon Awa-230
Airborne Elite-340
Syvarris-440
Theracus-480
Marcu-500

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old March 14th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Phantom Knights x5 350/350
Cyprien 150/500

Cyprien takes out your special attackers and the PK's take out the rest, as nearly all of your army is ranged.
Old March 14th, 2011, 11:41 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
Phantom Knights x5 350/350
Cyprien 150/500
Greater Ice Elemental x3 390
Ana Karithon 490
Isamu (why not?) 500 / 8

The Icy's make PK's risk losses getting engaged, and if on water/ice, will last a bit longer. Also, their six attack should have no problem against the PK's four defense. Ana gives bonus defense against your entire army, and Turn Undead has never found a better time to come out.

Isamu is just Isamu, of course. Maybe he'll kill something (anything) and earn back his cost.

Played with a mind toward caution, I think this little pod can outlast your undead forces.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; March 14th, 2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: typoes
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Greater Ice Elemental x3 390
Ana Karithon 490
Isamu (why not?) 500 / 8

Arrow Gruts x3
Swog Riders x6
Krug
Syvarris
490/24

This army is about the exact opposite of the GIE army-OM management is a cinch and it has plenty of figures for map control. With Disengage and 6 Swogs it shouldn't be too hard for the AGs to double up on their auras. Krug can be brought out if any heavy lifting needs to be done, and Syvarris offers a backup ranged threat.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:39 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Arrow Gruts x3
Swog Riders x6
Krug
Syvarris
490/24
280 PK x 4
165 DC x 3
50 Nerak
495 23 hexes

PK's lead and take out Swogs, Arrow Gruts and Syvarris. DC's and Nerak take out Krug.
Old March 17th, 2011, 12:17 AM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
280 PK x 4
165 DC x 3
50 Nerak
495 23 hexes
I just can't help it…

Hatamoto Taro -- 130
Kaemon Awa -- 250
Tagawa Samurai -- 370
Tagawa Samurai Archers x2 -- 500

500 points and 11 hexes.

With Hatamoto backing my Samurai army against all those normal melee attacks, even the DCs might think twice before engaging. The Archers can easily bust up the DC's low defense, and with Kaemon Awa there as well, even the Phantom Knights aren't going to have an easy time of it. Then it's time to sit back and bring out the counterstrikes.

(Sure, there are better armies, but this one is just too much fun to pass up an good opportunity for it.)

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep
Old March 17th, 2011, 01:58 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
280 PK x 4
165 DC x 3
50 Nerak
495 23 hexes
I just can't help it…

Hatamoto Taro -- 130
Kaemon Awa -- 250
Tagawa Samurai -- 370

500 points and 11 hexes.

With Hatamoto backing my Samurai army against all those normal melee attacks, even the DCs might think twice before engaging. The Archers can easily bust up the DC's low defense, and with Kaemon Awa there as well, even the Phantom Knights aren't going to have an easy time of it. Then it's time to sit back and bring out the counterstrikes.

(Sure, there are better armies, but this one is just too much fun to pass up an good opportunity for it.)
I really think the Samurai army would get rolled. The other army has lots more figures, and nice high attacks as well. Especially with no Raelin in the mix, I can't see Counterstrike taking out enough PKs or DCs. Maybe something like:

Raelin RotV
Hatamoto
TSA x4
Guilty

I'm not totally sure this would win either, but I think it would do slightly better.
Old March 17th, 2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
Quote:
280 PK x 4
165 DC x 3
50 Nerak
495 23 hexes
I just can't help it…

Hatamoto Taro -- 130
Kaemon Awa -- 250
Tagawa Samurai -- 370

500 points and 11 hexes.

I really think the Samurai army would get rolled. The other army has lots more figures, and nice high attacks as well. Especially with no Raelin in the mix, I can't see Counterstrike taking out enough PKs or DCs. Maybe something like:

Raelin RotV
Hatamoto
TSA x4
Guilty

I'm not totally sure this would win either, but I think it would do slightly better.
I don't think either army would win a majority of the time, but I was happy to see Hatamoto in an army.
Old March 17th, 2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
Quote:
280 PK x 4
165 DC x 3
50 Nerak
495 23 hexes
I just can't help it…

Hatamoto Taro -- 130
Kaemon Awa -- 250
Tagawa Samurai -- 370

500 points and 11 hexes.

Raelin RotV
Hatamoto
TSA x4
Guilty

Umm, that army would fare little better, as Raelin only boosts the Archer's defense to 5. That's what the Tagawa Samurai have to begin with. On top of that, you've sacrificed Kaemon Awa for Guilty. Overall, I think the army you've outlined is actually weaker than the one I picked (Against the army I picked to counter).

As for defending my army choice, The Tagawa Samurai, with 5 defense and Taro's boost, have the same chance to get blocks, but have the highest number of dice rolled. Even the 4 attack DCs are going to need to be careful in that case. With height, the odds are even; when the Samurai have height, attacking them is suicide. The Samurai archers, while not as tough, can destroy the DCs with a 2 attack on 2 defense (even with 3 defense, the odds somewhat favor attack). Kaemon Awa is always a powerful figure and can sit next to Taro (giving him his tough ability thing) and pound at anything that comes near. He's really for the Pks with his special attacks. The only easy targets in the whole army are the Samurai Archers. With the lack of any ranged or special attacks in Rich10's army, Samurai could be rough to fight, even without a Raelin. As long as they stay within Taro's range, they will roll more dice for defense than their attacker rolls for his attack. With a 50/50 for a shield, the DCs should be careful.

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion