Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 27th, 2020, 08:45 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Feel better Trex and family.
Legion is Star Wars?

Really enjoyed Fallout (will always be Wasteland to me) Hahma
Hopefully things shake out to where we can all go to conventions again this year.
Old December 27th, 2020, 03:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks for the kind words fellas. @Tornado , yeah. Legion is Star Wars. @Hahma , Im actually a big fan of both fallout and skyrim. I actually turned fallout 4 back on a few weeks back and started knocking out all the add on dlc content out that I bought last black Friday. I got all the achievement trophies on the base game for fallout 4 and had a pretty hefty character so it was a no brainer to use that character to knock out a bunch of add on content missions. The bad part was that I already had all the settlements claimed and built up so I had to imprison my own settlements as the bandit overboss in the nuka world missions. I also picked up fallout 76 this last black friday. Ive played and beat skyrim 100% on both ps3 and ps4. I absolutely love that game. Ive been looking for a reason to 3d print a bunch of game models for both of those games. I got a 100 dollar amazon gift card for christmas from my folks so I picked up a few rolls of pla filament and a few bottles of sirayatech grey abs resin. I have enough to 3d print pretty much whatever I want. I just havent been printing as much because I have way too much to paint. Im going to give that mutant behemoth another shot and maybe fix it up to look a bit nicer since Ive gotten better at modeling since I made the last one. Maybe put it in a couple different cooler poses. Also maybe try to clean up a bunch of other models and print those. I need to get back into my painting sync first though.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 8th, 2021, 12:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Hey guys. I think Im getting back into the groove. I painted up all my 3d printed shoretroopers, finished up the heavies on 4 mando squads, and then printed and painted a handful of 3d kitbashed uruk hai minis I made the files for. Thats 39 models I painted in the last week or so. I also finished priming all of the rest of my 3d prints. That was about 200 models that hadnt been primed yet. I was having issues getting good coverage there for a bit trying to cover up the red resin with my white primer. I got some gray sirayatech fast resin. I mixed it into the vat of the red and clear resin I had in there to mix it up and slowly use up the other resin. The results were fantastic. It easily clouded up the transluscent resin and overtook it within two prints. The color is a grayish brown color with a red tint. The minis are much more sturdy as well. The siraya is stronger. I also like the gray because its closer to a primer color and will be easier for spray paint coverage. Im currently finishing off my que of heroscape models that I had on my sd card while I put together more legion models for printing. Ive accumulated quite a few paid stl models for printing. I just need to support them in my slicer to start printing them. Im super excited for the new clone and droid personel upgrade packs. I have been assembling models for all those types. Ive got models for pretty much all the legion models for all 4 factions available for me to print. I am almost finished designing a modular wookiee. Basically a wookiee builder with options to pose the wookiee however I want with the various weapons they use with a bunch of cool gear options. Lots of fun stuff. After Im done finishing up my legion designs Ill be working on a few Lord of the rings models to fill in my collection of those. Ive been talking with my brother about modeling and kitbashing our own figures for our frostgrave warbands. Ill be doing one warband out of the sabercat people models from artisan guild amongst other files for other warbands. I also had an idea for frostgrave monsters. There are quite a few weird monsters in the books that I cant find minis for. They arent exactly normal run of the mill types. I will be using other models and modding them digitally to make them into correct representations for the game. I may also delve further into fallout wasteland warfare.

Old January 8th, 2021, 06:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Glad you're feeling better and getting back into your passion @TREX

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 8th, 2021, 08:34 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Glad you're feeling better and getting back into your passion @TREX
Heck yeah. Im feeling good enough to start catching back up on my workload for work as well. Ill have to shoot more pics since I got an old Iphone from my brother he didnt want anymore. The picture quality is leaps and bounds better than my beat to hell android.

Old March 15th, 2021, 03:38 AM
"like" happy

Any of you guys excited for stargrave? It looks like Joe did something really similar to what I did with my forcegrave thing based on frostgrave. I really like that they did it, I can’t wait to use my Star Wars legion and other models in it. With the resin printing it is pretty exciting to get to bash together really whatever you want to make up your force. I personally have a ton of ideas for fun little sci fi warbands. I’m currently printing up a really cool warband of these sabercat looking guys from artisan guild for a cool frostgrave or ga warband. I’ve printed almost all of the legitimate files I bought and plan on adding a few more kitbashes with bows and crossbows and stuff. I’ve been getting some gaming in lately. Got to go to a scape tournament and have played some board games at my place, it’s got me feeling the gaming fever.

Old March 15th, 2021, 07:57 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool to hear you have had a chance to play.
Old March 15th, 2021, 08:13 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I've seen Ash Barker's review and Joel Eddy's review of Stargrave. It certainly does look neat. I will pass on it for now since I don't think I'd get it played. I don’t see my old game group like I used to, except my buddy Brian occasionally, but he wouldn't play it. My buddy Chris, who i played a lot of Frostgrave with has been too busy over the past couple years going back to college for electrical engineering, while still working full time. So I don't get to game with him. If Joe comes out with a Rangers of Shadow Deep version of Stargrave, I may consider it since it plays solo.

Glad you got some gaming in. I've just been playing Rangers of Shadow Deep again, starting a new mission book.

Old March 15th, 2021, 07:40 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I've seen Ash Barker's review and Joel Eddy's review of Stargrave. It certainly does look neat. I will pass on it for now since I don't think I'd get it played. I don’t see my old game group like I used to, except my buddy Brian occasionally, but he wouldn't play it. My buddy Chris, who i played a lot of Frostgrave with has been too busy over the past couple years going back to college for electrical engineering, while still working full time. So I don't get to game with him. If Joe comes out with a Rangers of Shadow Deep version of Stargrave, I may consider it since it plays solo.

Glad you got some gaming in. I've just been playing Rangers of Shadow Deep again, starting a new mission book.
Similar issues in my group ... although, I'm part of the problem.

Nevertheless, it's my understanding that the first expansion of Stargrave will include some solo play rules -- perhaps deftly named Quarantine 37 ...

Amazon has it listed for September release (granted, it is subject to change) --> Link.
Old March 15th, 2021, 10:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:

Nevertheless, it's my understanding that the first expansion of Stargrave will include some solo play rules -- perhaps deftly named Quarantine 37 ...

Amazon has it listed for September release (granted, it is subject to change) --> Link.

Oh boy, that certainly will be tempting Hellfire. I do have a lot of Star Wars Legion minis, as well as some others that could work. I'll have to see how things are when the expansion comes out and then decide.

As it is, I'm looking at another minis agnostic fantasy tabletop miniatures game called Lasting Tales. The designer designed The Walking Dead All Out War and Elder Scrolls Call to Arms. I have both games systems and really enjoy them, so we'll see if I decide to back this one. I still have several scenarios of Rangers of Shadow Deep to play, as well as Elder Scrolls. That and I still have to try the solo rules I have had for Frostgrave for awhile.

Oh boy...I have a problem 😕

Old March 15th, 2021, 11:03 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh boy, that certainly will be tempting Hellfire. I do have a lot of Star Wars Legion minis, as well as some others that could work. I'll have to see how things are when the expansion comes out and then decide.

As it is, I'm looking at another minis agnostic fantasy tabletop miniatures game called Lasting Tales. The designer designed The Walking Dead All Out War and Elder Scrolls Call to Arms. I have both games systems and really enjoy them, so we'll see if I decide to back this one. I still have several scenarios of Rangers of Shadow Deep to play, as well as Elder Scrolls. That and I still have to try the solo rules I have had for Frostgrave for awhile.

While I agree on having way more game options that I haven’t got to delve into, I figure that with the amount of terrain and models I have that I already have for other games that can work for this, that just grabbing the book is worth it for me. I like that they have this other book as well for solo play. I’ve been slowly getting my brothers and now my nephews back into playing games.

Old March 16th, 2021, 12:53 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I liked Walking Dead and own Elder Scrolls (picked it up on clearance oddly enough), but I haven't tried it yet -- it looked fun and I need to try the solo play option ... while the rules don't seem to be the most difficult for any game I've played the rulebook was a struggle for me to read through for some reason (perhaps I was just in too much of a rush between this thing and that thing -- happens unfortunately), but I do look forward to playing it.

And currently I have a Rangers campaign going with some guys and it's quite fun, but oh so difficult to get together at the same time -- I get tempted to just play thru the campaign/missions/scenarios solo, but I try to be patient.

Either way, we seem to have been traveling down similar game pathways -- for better or for worse. :P

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures