Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:23 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Quahon

Boom.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:06 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Mentioned this last night, but I think this guy might be broken at 190. He has the potential to hit three figures up to 10-11 spaces away(if some of those are double-spaced, like my Braxas), and the combo of 6 attack and 7 life is nothing to sneeze at either.

To my mind, he should be comparably priced to Braxas.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperySlope View Post
Quote:
Mentioned this last night, but I think this guy might be broken at 190. He has the potential to hit three figures up to 10-11 spaces away(if some of those are double-spaced, like my Braxas), and the combo of 6 attack and 7 life is nothing to sneeze at either.

Quahon's a lady, SlipperySlope.

But, she can be extremely hard to move around the map at times, with her 5 move and wings. When I playtested her the first time on Road Rampage, I had times when I could not place her in beneficial locations.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:24 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I think 190 is fair. Her attack is easy to stop in spacing your figures correctly. She is fairly fragile(Witness first hand). For my money I think I am still taking Nilf over her. The flexibility in Nilfs attack I still think is superior.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Congrats!

Quote:

I don't agree that she's broken, but the comparison to Braxas is apt, I think. While the similarity to Nilfheim really jumps off the card, in a lot of ways she plays more like the black queen:
  • The need to be 4 spaces away from her (initial) target to use her special.
  • The ability to hit multiple nearby targets even when engaged.
  • Defense of 3 and the relative fragility that brings.
  • That she's a girl.
The ability to hit far-away figures is pretty dependent on your opponent's placement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
But, she can be extremely hard to move around the map at times, with her 5 move and wings. When I playtested her the first time on Road Rampage, I had times when I could not place her in beneficial locations.
QFT. 5 move is a big hindrance. So is this sculpt. I mean, I love this sculpt - the scale is perfect, and it looks great on the base. But no figure has a harder time fitting on the map. Even very carefully based, the tail basically prevents her from being placed anywhere with a blocker or even higher ground behind her. And her wings - particularly her left wing - also get in the way of placement a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I think 190 is fair. Her attack is easy to stop in spacing your figures correctly. She is fairly fragile(Witness first hand). For my money I think I am still taking Nilf over her. The flexibility in Nilfs attack I still think is superior.
I still thing LBSA is better than ISSA. If I had the option to play Nilfheim with Lightning Breath instead of Ice Shards, I would. But in other ways - sculpt flexibility, movement, survivability, and of course cost - I think Nilf wins. I have Nilf as the only "A" dragon in my rankings, and I suspect Quahon will end up with Braxas and Zelrig in the A- range.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:39 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Braxas and Nilf's specials are restricted to a 4-space radius. Like I said, Quahon can hit a figure 10-11 spaces away.

Is there any other comparable special? Range 10-11, attack 4, x 3?

Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Braxas and Nilf's specials are restricted to a 4-space radius. Like I said, Quahon can hit a figure 10-11 spaces away.

But it's not range 10-11 x3, it's range 4 + range 7 + range 9.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:43 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Capsocrates, he means if the first two figures are double spaced I believe you can attack up to 11 spaces away. The problem with that is it would require lots of things to work. You have to have quahon in the exact right spot, the first two figures have to be double spaced, you have to be able to see all three figures. If you are playing a smart opponent he would prevent you from doing that.

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; December 3rd, 2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: added things.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Capsocrates, he means if the first two figures are double spaced I believe you can attack up to 11 spaces away. The problem with that is it would require lots of things to work. You have to have quahon in the exact right spot, the first two figures have to be double spaced, you have to be able to see all three figures. If you are playing a smart opponent he would prevent you from doing that.
Okay then, range 4 + range 8 + range 10. The point is that it's not 3x range 10.

EDIT: And on top of that, the figures have to be within ever-shrinking radii of each other.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Read Nilfheim's card again.

You can make a pretty decent argument that Quahon has the best special in the game, although I bet killercactus would still argue for Queglix, and many others would argue for Braxas, and at least some would still argue for Nilfheim. However, Quahon has worse survivability than all three of them, is slower than all of them except Q9, and is harder to place than even Nilfheim. She's not broken.

Last edited by dok; December 3rd, 2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: And she costs more than two of them, too...
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Nilf can shoot 5 range. Put Nilf inbetween an army and the range he can cover is 5 in one direct, 2 for Nilfs spaces and 5 in the other direction. Nilf can cover 12 spaces if you take that into account.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=dok;1723924]
Quote:
However, Quahon has worse survivability than all three of them, is slower than all of them except Q9, and is harder to place than even Nilfheim. She's not broken.
I played two Q9 armies Saturday, beat them handily. Due to the Q gun's 6 range, the Axegrinders got in with withstanding one round of 3-3-3. (Played Mok, killed him no problem. Didn't face Nilfheim, but wouldn't have been afraid of him, either.)

Playing against Quahon, the Axes had to withstand two rounds of 4-4-4. And that was the difference between a W and L. Axegrinders are the premier anti-Large figures in the game, and they help to keep figures like Q9 and Nilfheim in check. Quahon toasted them too easily for my liking.

Ranged multiple specials are the most potent attacks in the game. Take excellent units like Braxas, Kaemon Awa, Q10, Q9, Nilfheim ... all A/A- figures ... none of them come close to having the sort of reach that Quahon's special gives him. Sure, Quahon can only hit one figure at max distance, but to my mind it's still a game-changer.

I can understand that you all put in hard work on this figure and don't like to hear your work criticized, which is fair enough. But I'd say 190 is considerably under-valuing this figure.

Last edited by SlipperySlope; December 3rd, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs