Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old August 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sisyphus' Probability Tables(updated April 8, 2008)

I am wrong.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Last edited by Bonecrusher; August 14th, 2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:32 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Could someone help me calculate the odds of an outcome?

What is the probability someone will (a) get initiative (50%) (b) roll a 14 or higher to summon Retchets with Iskra, and the (35%) (c) roll all skulls on a 3 die attack to Lethal Sting a figure (12.5%)?
0.021875%.
So, the outcome is roughly one in five thousand?

Old August 13th, 2009, 10:42 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Still way wrong.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Last edited by Bonecrusher; August 14th, 2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What is the probability someone will (a) get initiative (50%) (b) roll a 14 or higher to summon Retchets with Iskra, and the (35%) (c) roll all skulls on a 3 die attack to Lethal Sting a figure (12.5%)?
0.021875%.
So, the outcome is roughly one in five thousand?
Quote:
Actually it is exactly 7 out of every 32000. But yes, roughly.

However, assuming we take initiative out of the mix, that leaves you with 0.04375, quite a bit better. However, you also have 3 Retchets, not just one. So, that makes 3 attempts to roll 3 skulls 37.5%. So, that means you have a 0.13125% chance, without initiative. Halve that number with initiative. Thats not quite nearly as bad as 0.021875%. You are 6 times as likely to summon the Retchets and Lethal Sting somebody assuming initiative doesn't matter and with 3 Retchets than with initiative not guaranteed and with only one Retchet.
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:21 PM

By Sisyphus and padlock's math below, I got this.

5.776367188%

Quote:

Last edited by Bonecrusher; August 14th, 2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:22 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

What is the probability someone will (a) get initiative (b) roll a 14 or higher to summon Retchets with Iskra, and the (c) roll all skulls on a 3 die attack to Lethal Sting a figure?
5.776%, so approximately the chance of rolling a 20 on the D20.

P(I) = Probability of winning initiative = 0.5
P(S) = Probability of summon = 7/20 = 0.35
P(A) = Probability of rolling 3 skulls on 3 attack die = 0.5^ 3 = 0.125
P(~A) = Probability of not rolling 3 skulls on 3 attack die = 1 - P(A) = 1 - 0.125 = 0.875
P(~B) = Probability of not rolling 3 skulls on 3 attack die in 3 attempts = P(~A)^3 = 0.875^3 = 343/512
P(B) = Probability of not not rolling 3 skulls on 3 attack die in 3 attempts (i.e. probability of rolling 3 skulls at least once) = 1 - P(~B) = 1 - 343/512 = 169/512

P(I)*P(S)*P(B) = Probability of winning initiative, then successfully summoning, and then lethal stinging at least one figure in three attempts = 0.05776 = 5.776%.

Last edited by Sisyphus; August 13th, 2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:24 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

What is the probability someone will (a) get initiative (b) roll a 14 or higher to summon Retchets with Iskra, and the (c) roll all skulls on a 3 die attack to Lethal Sting a figure?
Get initiative = .5
Roll 14 or higher = .35
roll 3 skulls for 1 retchet = .5^3 = .125
roll 3 skulls with at least 1 of the 3 retchets = 1- (1 - .125) ^3) = .33

Total = .5 * .35 * .33 = .05775 or 5.775%
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

nevermind, I seem to have failed. See what summer has done to me?

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; August 13th, 2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:43 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Quote:

Get initiative = .5
Roll 14 or higher = .35

You've got to work quick around here.
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:56 PM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In the situation I am citing getting initiative was relevant. The first turn Summon/Lethal sting allowed my opponent to destroy a figure that had my 1 & 2 OM's on it. If I'd gone first I would have taken a turn with the figure in question. It may have even been out of range of the Retchets at that point...but maybe not. It was a narrow map, so there weren't a lot of place they could not get to.

Old August 13th, 2009, 11:57 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Quote:

Get initiative = .5
Roll 14 or higher = .35

You've got to work quick around here.
No fair. You edited your post to show your work only after I posted mine

I'll get you next time!
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:01 AM

So, wait. Now I'm confused. Which is it? One in 5,000 or 1 in 20?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles