Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old March 8th, 2014, 04:49 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Buffalo NY Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraguy816 View Post
I could host a tournament in Rochester if I find a good place to do it. And of course on a good day for those that live awhile away. I'll try and find one and it'll probably be in April or around then.
That would be cool! I could see if I could get my brother in law and two of my buddies to come, I'm bound to get a yes from one of them. I suppose I'd have to get approval from my wife and the time off of work as well.

Couldn't help you with where to find a place that would allow you to rent some space to play, though.
Old March 8th, 2014, 07:18 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

Okay. I can ask the CEE also. He's a friend and he lives in Rochester.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

in the Epic Fairyland Cave
Old March 8th, 2014, 07:28 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

So I think that if we did this a bit later. May or June. Then we could go to one of those parks with pavilions in which we could play on tables and we own cows so we could bring Hamburgers and such for lunch and that would help you guys in expenses also.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

Old March 8th, 2014, 09:20 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
So I think that if we did this a bit later. May or June. Then we could go to one of those parks with pavilions in which we could play on tables and we own cows so we could bring Hamburgers and such for lunch and that would help you guys in expenses also.
Never tried playing scape outdoors, lol. I suppose it would work on a calm day. Keep me posted on this, regardless. I will spread a little word between the few guys I play with and see if there is any interest. I am totally interested.

EDIT: Already mentioned it to my wife, she would definitely come (and probably cook a few things) if it was some sort of outdoors picnic kind of thing. She might play a little scape, but her brain can't handle remembering tons of card abilities, or really big games, lol.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; March 8th, 2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old March 9th, 2014, 09:06 AM

ok. Well me my mum and your wife could cook the stuff.
And also that is why it might be in June. Nice weather to do it.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

Old April 11th, 2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
ok. Well me my mum and your wife could cook the stuff.
And also that is why it might be in June. Nice weather to do it.
Hey, Eraguy, have you done any planning yet for this? No rush, but my brother in law is totally excited to try something like this. We have been talking a little for the past month.

He is thinking about reserving some space at Tuscarora Park sometime in mid June, almost certainly on a Saturday or Sunday. Is there ANY chance that ANY of you New Yorkers (or anyone else, everyone is welcome!) would be able to swing on down for something like that?

It is a bit north, by the lake. Google it. It would be a fantastic place, though! We live probably about 20 minutes from it, I can't speak for the rest of anyone else though. I'm guessing be a 2 hour drive from Rochester, but don't quote me on that, I've only been to Rochester like 3 times...

I don't think anyone attending would have to bring anything at all, unless you are feeling generous enough to bring food, or you want to bring your own scape for a specific reason! I have a decent scape collection: x3 rotv, x2 sotm, x2 bftu, x2 marvel, x2 tundra, x2 forest, x2 jungle, x2 lava, and x2 castle, so I can definitely build a good variety of maps. I also have about 90% of all official figures, and a few C3G and C3V customs for anyone interested in trying those. My brother in law also has a few things I don't have, so between he and I, we should have things covered, as far as scape goes.

Not sure if anyone wants this to be a tournament kind of thing... I think my brother in law and myself were hoping to keep this as more of a meet and greet, casual scaping/hangout kind of thing.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; April 11th, 2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old June 1st, 2014, 11:51 AM

Bumping this!

We plan on trying to rent/reserve one of the buildings in Tuscarora Park (well, it's in Wilson, NY, I guess it's technically called the Wilson-Tuscarora State Park) to play our scape in, on Sunday, June 22nd, probably from 3pm-7pm!(THIS IS THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY!) We will set up a few maps, depending on the number participants.

Potential maps/gametypes:
- Draft pool, kill the other army, on a BoV map
- Heat of battle, probably on a fairly big castle map
- Treasure Glyph hunt (have more treasure glyphs than your opponent by round X) probably on a triangular map
- Superhero assassination, draft pool featuring marvel/C3G figures, along with some classic scape, probably on a BoV map
- Capture the flag, probably on a BoV map
- If we get more than eight people total, we might set up a 3 or 4 player map, unsure of the scenarios, but the 3 player game might be treasure glyph hunt, while the 4 player game will probably be a team game, kill the other team.

For the heat of battle, treasure glyph hunt, and capture the flag, players may bring/use their own armies. We are allowing the approved C3V customs (and will certainly be including a mix of them in the draft pools) and we are allowing any other reasonably balanced customs that anyone wants to bring. These games are probably going to be 450 point armies. For the two draft games, the players will be drafting from units already set up at the table. If someone wishes to bring a custom superhero, you may, but we will want it to be placed in the draft pool, so anyone may draft it.

For armies, we have plenty of figures, so anyone who doesn't feel like bringing figures, or doesn't have any, may use from my collection!

Here is my figure collection, for those interested:
Spoiler Alert!

We will also be bringing a football, frisbee, and some bubbles, for a little outdoors fun! For food, that is still in the air, but we will probably be grilling burgers and hot dogs, but this is not 100% sure.

Right now, we have up to five people coming: Me, brother in law, another relative, and two other guys. I'd like to do battle reports of the battles that will happen here, but it's extremely unlikely that I will be doing videos, they will instead probably be text/picture reports.

We should be keeping this a free event, so as long as you get your bums down to the park, you will probably get a meal and a good 2-4 hours of scaping in! Prizes are unlikely, we are mostly doing this as a casual get together.

So, any interested people, please PM me ASAP!

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; June 1st, 2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old June 1st, 2014, 04:50 PM

Sorry. Didn't see your post. But yeah I've been thinking, almost got everything good to go.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

Old November 19th, 2018, 09:59 PM

Buffalo Heroscapers, if you are itching to have some fun playing Heroscape, please check out a tournament I'm holding in Lockport on January 5th, 2019! Let me know if you wish to come!

NYNYS 2019!

See you there!
Old March 27th, 2020, 11:04 AM

Just poking this thread due to virus. Anybody in the Buffalo area? We've been holding play sessions for 4-10 people every few months near Buffalo, just extending the invitation and seeing if anyone would be interested in future meetups - please quote me here or message me directly!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers