Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 12th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Neat design. I wonder if the "monster made of other monsters" theme could be better represented by a one-way transformation (when the Golem is destroyed, he creates 2 oozes, but the oozes can't create a Golem). Then you could up the Golem's stats to make him more of a powerhouse. When the Golem dies, then instead of a high-attack unit you're left with multiple weaker attacks.
Old June 12th, 2014, 10:34 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

You always have the option to require 3 oozes to maje a golem while a dead golem spawns 2 oozes.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 13th, 2014, 11:16 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good point about the night invulnerability, Scytale. The fact that it is lossless golem destruction and reformation certainly does cause an issue. I think I'll look into flameslayer93's suggestion and see if I can tweak it such that something is destroyed in the process so there is actually still some attrition.

Arch-Vile, I'll probably pursue an idea like that for a different unit type. I actually like the idea of the reforming oozes and what that can bring. I'm already thinking of some things for what you suggest, like some bloated insect who bursts open and spills its spawn across the battlefield.

As far as the faction goes, it would probably need some Kurrok-style oozelord to tie things together. I've really changed my thread away lately from polished and tested ideas to more of a brainstorming workshop area, so thanks to everyone contributing comments and helping out.
Old June 13th, 2014, 12:05 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey Ixe, cool idea! I'll throw out a couple more thoughts to consider:

* The way I read "Material Components" you can have some Sculpt Oozes (I don't really love that name, personally -- maybe Primordial Oozes?) on the battlefield at the beginning of the game that aren't on the Golems' card. Is that right?

* If so, maybe the Ooze Golem doesn't split into Sculpt Oozes if there are excess skulls? This might reduce the "invulnerability" issue. Like, if he had two life and you got 2 hits, there would be two Sculpt Oozes, but if you got 3 hits on him, there would only be one, and more than 3 hits would mean no Sculpt Oozes. I suppose you would remove those Oozes from the Golem card in that case.

* If you gave the Sculpt Oozes bonding with the Golem, it would enable you to keep them close by as backup while making the order marker issue easier.

Just some thoughts. Look forward to seeing these guys progress!
Old June 13th, 2014, 12:31 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, the intention is that the oozes can start on a construct card or start on the battlefield in any combination. Primordial Oozes may be a better name but it has certain connotations that I'm uncertain about playing with.

Playing with different rules to stop oozes from forming is a possibility, but I do want to be careful about adding on much more complication. I like the idea of it splitting into multiple oozes so I'm not keen on dropping it down only placing one, so I'm otherwise considering making them a three-figure squad and taking three to form a construct.

Bonding is a possibility, but I am already quickly running out of space to work with in that case. I like the idea of eventually making a Kurrok-style Ooze Lord who can take a turn with the Sculpt Oozes or Golems instead of taking a turn and maybe create previously destroyed Sculpt Oozes on his turn.

Thanks for the comments.
Old June 19th, 2014, 12:57 PM

I realized that my customs have been purely fantasy so far and I feel like branching out.

Here are the Cogs Hunters from AT-43

NAME = Vulcanmech MRLs (Siloborgs)
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Alpha Prime
SPECIES = Soulborg
CLASS = Marauders
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE = Medium 6
UNIQUE SQUAD

Life = 1 (2 Figures)
Move = 5
Range = 6
Attack = 2
Defense = 6
Points = 105

MALFUNCTIONING MISSILE BARRAGE
SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 2. Attack Special.
A Siloborg that did not attack normally may attack with Malfunctioning Missile Barrage Special Attack. All other figures within 2 clear sight spaces of this Siloborg are affected. Roll 5 attack dice separately for all affected figures, rolling fewer dice equal to the total number of affected figures. Each figure rolls defense separately. Do not roll any attack dice if there are 5 or more affected figures.

These Vulcanmech MRLs (Siloborgs) hail from a time where the soulborg were still used as tools for the Mariedians, in this case as weapons of war. When the machines rose, the Vulcanmech MRLs (Siloborgs) no longer distinguished friends from foe and fired their missiles upon any and all targets within range. Their more primitive targeting systems can become overloaded if too many heat sources are within range and fail to fire entirely.

Mechanically, they don't distinguish friend from foe and will launch their shoulder-loaded missiles at all within range. More targets means that missiles must be more split up and therefore deal less damage. 1 target will take an attack of 4 while 2 will suffer a barrage of 3, and so on until they don't fire at all (in which case you'd just use their normal attack).

Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think.

Last edited by Ixe; July 7th, 2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: edits
Old June 19th, 2014, 04:18 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool power -- it took me a close read to realize that you'll never roll 5 dice even though it says "roll 5 dice," but the wording makes sense for what you're trying to do. I can see how placement of these guys would be key -- would you consider upping their movement to 6? I can foresee them as a potential shocktrooper unit, getting in among your massed foes and letting the missiles fly... Just a thought.
Old June 19th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Siloborgs
I'm not a huge fan of the name -- when I first saw it in the power text I thought it was a typo for Soulborg. Instead of using "choose" I would say that all other figures are "affected" and count the number of "affected." "Choose" makes me think there's a choice. It's a fun concept. Heat Seeking Missiles isn't as much a drawback as it seems -- I suspect the main use of these guys would be cleanup, where they would be throwing a bunch of dice at one or two figures. Not all that easy to use though. The name "Heat Seeking Missiles" is both right and wrong to me. It says what the attack is well enough, but it fails to get across the indiscriminate theme. Maybe "Missile Barrage Special Attack." (It needs "Special Attack" either way.)
Old June 19th, 2014, 05:09 PM

Thanks for the comments. I'm hesitant to boost their move too much since I don't want them being too efficient at their task, but that is a dial I can consider playing with.

I actually rather like the name. I wanted to come up with a missile based name for them, but Launchiborg, Missileborg, and Rocketiborg or what have you really weren't doing it for me. I felt that Siloborg was a slightly more subtle play on missile silos that would fit them rather nicely. I would be willing to listen to other options, but I am hesitant to abandon this. I could go with Vulcanmech ____ instead to connect them to the Incendiborgs.

Good point about dropping "choose" since there is no choice. I have fixed it accordingly. Not having Special Attack in there was just carelessness. I had it in the power text. As far as the name goes, I feel that the Heat Seeking aspect really nails the indiscriminate nature of the targeting. It only looks for heat and has the missiles go off in that direction. There will of course be some thematic breaks with a name like that, where it doesn't shoot at lava or does fire at the Greater Ice Elemental, but it's a game. Missile Barrage is a possibility, but I don't feel it encompasses the heat aspect as well.

As far as how they play, I'm sure that they'd make fine clean up. However, using them earlier on to catch 3 squads with 2 attack dice in two different areas probably isn't that bad, either. They'll make you think about how to use them, in any case.
Old June 19th, 2014, 08:39 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

It's a cool power, but the name doesn't fit to me. The range is so short that I don't see how the missiles would even have time to do any course correction at all, let alone track a heat signature. It feels more like they're been dumb fired to me. Of course, 'dumb fire' sounds stupid so that wouldn't work for a power name. Perhaps 'Blind Fire Barrage'?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 19th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Cool design. It's tough to make a unique squad work, but a strong area-effect attack is great in theory. However, I think the Siloborgs (Siloborgs? I live in rural Illinois, so when I hear the word silo I think of grain. ) are a bit over costed. They are really easy to kill - 5 defense will last against a couple attacks, maybe, but as soon as you lose one figure your offensive output is halved. Also, the special attack is quite weak. You can attack:
1) 1 figure with 4 dice
2) 2 figures with 3 dice
3) 3 figures with 2 dice
4) 4 figures with 1 die
That would be a pretty sweet power if you could choose which option to utilize, but since it's based on placement of your opponent's figures (and yours, if you were silly enough to park Raelin next to these guys) it's tricky to optimize your special attack.

Maybe it's easier to set up than I theorize, but I think the 5 defense and 2 figures is a killer. They'll die too easily, especially since they have to enter Range 2 to use their best attack.
Old June 20th, 2014, 09:12 AM

Thank you all for the additional comments. This is very helpful.

2 Figure squads are always tough. Unique squads can be even harder. They don't quite look as solid as the Zettian Guards so I wanted to take them down some, but I suppose I can boost them to 6 defense at the very least.

The power could possibly be tweaked as well. Maybe 6 is the number to go with instead, but I do want to be careful since it is something that can cascade out of hand. Being able to choose targets would be far more powerful and something that I'm already considering for a unique hero (longer range). That said, I do really like this power idea and the situations of working around it to optimize the attack. The points stand as an additional dial that can be turned.

Names are apparently an issue for people. Not living around a lot of grain silos myself, my connotation is missile but I understand where you're coming from. There really aren't any great words for missile launcher vehicles in the military from what I can see. I could go the route of serial babble and call it something like Vulcanmech MRLs or some such. MRL is a military term standing for multiple rocket launchers that they use with some of those vehicles.

In my mind, the sensors and targeting system are damaged, so it is only for a short range and only selects out the warm bodies (not distinguishing friend from foe). If there are too many targets, it malfunctions and fails to fire. After targets are selected, it fires the missiles at those spaces like any other attack. For the sake of expediency, it rolls all the attacks only once, but it may be worth considering for it to roll it all separately. What would I succinctly call this? Indiscriminate Missile Storm? Malfunctioning Missile Barrage? Mutinous Missile Madness? I am not certain, but it would appear that Heat Seeking Missiles is causing some hang ups.

Last edited by Ixe; June 23rd, 2014 at 03:20 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards