Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old September 30th, 2019, 06:44 PM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Yeah, I'll need a little time to get all the materials for the photography set up, but I will be happily help out as soon as I can get it all ready. I have a couple diffuser boxes for some of my cinema LEDs, so I'll try those and see if I can get the minis lit with little/no glare. My plan was to start with Heavies and Templars (to see if I could get the setup to work for large minis) and then see what was still needed from there once I get everything ready to go. May be able to help with the software side of things down the road, just have to finagle some things on my computer to make space.
Old September 30th, 2019, 08:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
To get a grip on this project, let me try to categorize what we would like to accomplish...
Oh wow. That looks like a lot of work. I was about to send you 10-12 common figures for C3G to scan for me but now I think I need to narrow down so I don't feel bad about it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 30th, 2019, 09:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am sure you could set up your own rig for pics japes.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:18 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I moved recently and don't have access to the minis. I was going to try and maintain the C3V TTS mod once the models are done, if that helps.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:37 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
To get a grip on this project, let me try to categorize what we would like to accomplish...
Oh wow. That looks like a lot of work. I was about to send you 10-12 common figures for C3G to scan for me but now I think I need to narrow down so I don't feel bad about it.
Go ahead and send them!

The pictures are easy to do. I set 3 to 4 figures up on my turntable and push the button. In a few minutes I come back and the pictures are done. Then I run the pictures overnight in 3DF Zephyr. If they are good scans, the cleanup of the models and adding a base takes less than 5 minutes per figure.

And I'd be happy to do it.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:38 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

WK - if I could get my brother to send you the missing C3V figures, would that help? I have everything, including the Ram box.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:49 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
At 50 pics per mini thats 600 pictures unless they are done in groups and then there is the editing work in the programs after the model has been rendered. Just knowing what I know it is a hefty process. That is why I think it would be great if there was a group of us doing the work and think WK is an awesome madman for the amount of work he has already put in. The more of us doing the work would mean less per individual and the community could have a whole library of scape to carry this game on.

Edit: Nevermind. WK is much better at the process than I could hope to be right now and it sounds like he has a process down and the skills to back it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:51 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Go ahead and send them!

The pictures are easy to do. I set 3 to 4 figures up on my turntable and push the button. In a few minutes I come back and the pictures are done. Then I run the pictures overnight in 3DF Zephyr. If they are good scans, the cleanup of the models and adding a base takes less than 5 minutes per figure.

And I'd be happy to do it.
I have a couple that have been debased. Should I base them first of is it better to be free?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 30th, 2019, 11:15 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
WK - if I could get my brother to send you the missing C3V figures, would that help? I have everything, including the Ram box.
That would be awesome! I have some of the figures already. Let me send you a list of what I have. (Knowing that the RAM boxes can go for $300, having high resolution models would really be a benefit to the community.)

Quote:
I have a couple that have been debased. Should I base them first of is it better to be free?
Based is better. If they are not based then I'll have to hold them upright somehow--either with a clip or clay.
Old September 30th, 2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
That would be awesome! I have some of the figures already. Let me send you a list of what I have.
Absolutely!
Old October 1st, 2019, 04:36 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Yes, I have the RotV figures and plan to scan them. I haven't made them a high priority since they are more available than most other figures. Do you need them for TS? If so, I'll go ahead and do them next.

No I have them in TS, they're just the VirtualScape ones, I just wanted to get them on the "to-scan" list, given that it's a master set so we should really be able to offer some high quality models.

What else is on your "to-scan" list in terms of figures you have on hand?
Old October 1st, 2019, 05:28 PM

More ultra/matte scanned figures:

Wolf of Badru 2b (better than 2) (matte)
Wolf of Badru 3 (matte)
White Wyrmling (matte)
Warforged Warrior 3 (matte)
Siege (matte)
Shade of Bleakwood 2 (matte)
Shade of Bleakwood 3 (matte)
Runa (matte)
Phantom Knight 3 (matte)
Pelloth (matte)
Horned Skull Brute 1 (matte)
Horned Skull Brute 2 (matte)
Heirloom (matte)
Goblin Cutter 2 (matte)
Drow Warrior 3 (matte)
Drow Chainfighter (matte)
Deathreaver 1 (matte)
Deathreaver 2 (matte)
Deathreaver 3 (matte)
Brave Arrow (matte)
Blade Grut 4 (matte)
Black Wyrmling (matte)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing