Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old November 9th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah soundoff

Well, after getting burned by Reverse the whip in our last tournament, I have to say I hate it. But I'm biased so take that as you will.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old November 9th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Well, after getting burned by Reverse the whip in our last tournament, I have to say I hate it. But I'm biased so take that as you will.
Understandable, and I was afraid that some people would forget and get burned by it. Sorry that happened.

If you do include a Reverse the Whip component it may be wise to just do it last round, or even in a two round playoff like they did at Idaho. I think an every other round was fun to do once, and maybe again in the future, but not this time for sure, and probably not for a while. (And probably not at a larger tournament either, but more like a smaller game day if we can get those going).

That said, I'm a big fan of pushing the envelope away from the standard blind-draft that happens all the time. I think the meta gets too stagnant with that, and there are a lot of ways to shake it up. Though, that said, I also realize that people might not like those alternate formats (like bring two, reverse draft, etc.). One thing you could consider is a restricted list like they did in California. That way you can still play strong units, and even less-strong versions of stronger builds, but you're still pushing away the standard Rats Raelin Range, Mass 4th Mass, and other builds that just dominate everything else.

Anyway, there's a lot of ways it can go, but you can go with whatever you want. I'll be there this time no matter what! And so will True, I believe. He said he would last time I talked to him about it, I just need to make sure the date works with him now.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 22nd, 2016, 01:25 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Alrighty guys, I've spoken with Fongo Bongo and they have decided to be stinkers... again. So we will now be holding the event at Game Haven in Sandy! (Yes, the same store as the last Utah tournament!) (9860 700 E, Sandy, UT 84070)

We'll start at 10:30, and go until roughly 5-6 PM! There will be a $5 entrance fee, and bring two separate 350 point armies!!! This is going to be really fun, see you on the 17th!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old November 22nd, 2016, 02:30 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Alrighty guys, I've spoken with Fongo Bongo and they have decided to be stinkers... again. So we will now be holding the event at Game Haven in Sandy! (Yes, the same store as the last Utah tournament!) (9860 700 E, Sandy, UT 84070)

We'll start at 10:30, and go until roughly 5-6 PM! There will be a $5 entrance fee, and bring two separate 350 point armies!!! This is going to be really fun, see you on the 17th!!
What do you mean by "stinkers"? Do you mean they don't want the $100 we'll be giving them (our entry fee as in-store credit) to use the facility for the afternoon? Or are they just prejudice against the heroscape community?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 22nd, 2016, 06:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Some places make you rent the building for your event. Thats why i love goblin town games.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:12 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Ya, they want $300 for the tournament... that's a bit out of my price range. (It's annoying because they hosted us two years ago for free, but not so now. Oh well.)

H E R O S C A P E
Old November 25th, 2016, 10:21 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Hello fellow Utahn 'Scapers!
Fairly new to the game (a little under a month), but I'm already having a grand time playing. I understand Utah is one of the last holdouts of a good sized Heroscape player base, and was pumped to see the event page for The Jingle Bell Bash when I joined up here (I'll be losing my matches all day at that, and having a blast doing so!).

Besides the Jingle Bell Bash and the National Heroscape Day events, does anyone get together outside of that? *Would* anyone be interested in getting together outside of that? Don't get me wrong, I love my playgroup (alright, you got me - it's just my brother-in-law, my brother/nephew, and my ladyfriend), but I'd love to play some games with others, trade with others, LEARN from others (as a noob, I'm sure I'm in need of lots of tips), and just make the Utah community that much more tight-knit.

Weekly? Semi-weekly? Monthly? I'm sure there's plenty of game stores in the valley who'd be fine with us using their space, as long as we bought their snacks, right?

Last edited by The Dewk; February 8th, 2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old November 25th, 2016, 10:27 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Fairly new to the game (a little under a month), but I'm already having a grand time playing. I understand Utah is one of the last holdouts of a good sized Heroscape player base, and was pumped to see the event page for The Jingle Bell Bash when I joined up here (I'll be losing my matches all day at that, and having a blast doing so!).

Besides the Jingle Bell Bash and the National Heroscape Day events, does anyone get together outside of that? *Would* anyone be interested in getting together outside of that? Don't get me wrong, I love my playgroup (alright, you got me - it's just my brother-in-law, my nephew, and my fiance), but I'd love to play some games with others, trade with others, LEARN from others (as a noob, I'm sure I'm in need of lots of tips), and just make the Utah community that much more tight-knit.

Weekly? Semi-weekly? Monthly? I'm sure there's plenty of game stores in the valley who'd be fine with us using their space, as long as we bought their snacks, right?
I know @Scaperedude has a group - and correct me if I'm wrong - that he regularly plays with outside of tournaments, and I know @BiggaBullfrog was wanting to get together on a more regular basis with Utah 'scapers so I'd talk to them and see what you can put together. Up here in Idaho I just get all the emails of the 'scapers and then send out updated for games we'll be playing (because we play every 2 weeks) and then they let me know if they can all make it. So if someone is going to regularly host/run casual games in Utah...I'd suggest an email sent out regularly giving info (or a post or PM on here). As for me, I have a lot of family in Utah and we travel down frequently enough that I'd totally be down to jump in on a weekend here or there when ya'll have a casual get together.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 28th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Besides the Jingle Bell Bash and the National Heroscape Day events, does anyone get together outside of that? *Would* anyone be interested in getting together outside of that? Don't get me wrong, I love my playgroup (alright, you got me - it's just my brother-in-law, my nephew, and my fiance), but I'd love to play some games with others, trade with others, LEARN from others (as a noob, I'm sure I'm in need of lots of tips), and just make the Utah community that much more tight-knit.

As far as I know, there hasn't been much of a group in Utah that gets together outside of the tournaments, but we have been talking about it. I know a few people who'd like to do some casual Heroscaping at least monthly and I'm planning on trying to get a group together. Right now I'm just waiting till the end of the year because we've had tournaments going on since October and I didn't want to take away from those (plus I've been having an unusually stressful semester at college which has also made it difficult to have time for too much else). Starting January though I'd like to start something more "official" up. (Or "officially casual" I guess.)

Sir H's idea of shooting out emails/PMs is a good idea, and I'll probably do something like that. I'll start making a list of interested people sometime in December probably, and we can start talking about what works best for everyone. (Unless, of course, you guys want to start talking about it now. Personally I just need to buckle down on school stuff till its over right now, but if others want to start throwing ideas around then that's more than fine with me.)

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 30th, 2016, 04:08 AM

BryanBlaze Woo who?

Oh haiiii!.. I'm not on here much or my email, feel free to call me, 801-707-0074, or add me on facebook - "Bryan Blaze" I'm a busy fire performer.. Thanks, maybe we should make a facebook group, and create events on there, I use fb a lot for my fire career.. thanks, I'd love to play some games.. I've got a spot in salt lake to play games from time to time

- Bryan Blaze

---> Check out my viral fire performance videos on YouTube!
The Human Dragon - 176k+ VIEWS
Helium Fire 8k Resolution - 256K+ VIEWS
Old November 30th, 2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMan00 View Post
Oh haiiii!.. I'm not on here much or my email, feel free to call me, 801-707-0074, or add me on facebook - "Bryan Blaze" I'm a busy fire performer.. Thanks, maybe we should make a facebook group, and create events on there, I use fb a lot for my fire career.. thanks, I'd love to play some games.. I've got a spot in salt lake to play games from time to time
Sweet! You gunna make it to the Utah tourney on Dec 17th? Would love to see you there!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 30th, 2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMan00 View Post
Very good!!! Its sounding like there is a lot of interest in some more local games!!! After the Bash I'd love to start working on putting some putting some get togethers... well together!! Also @CrashMan00 do you know if you will be at the Bash on the 17th?

And I agree, we really do need a facebook page... Who wants to start that up? I could if need be, but I'll be leaving for a couple years come this summer, so I won't be around to run it. Thoughts?

H E R O S C A P E

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers