Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 19th, 2009, 10:25 AM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker
Re: Terminator Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
I don't think they specified nanobots, did they? I imagined it more like what Weaver did with the drone. The T-X would be able to do the same, dontcha think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
That's my point, I didn't even once felt bothered to think about it. I was already accepting soo much, that cars being controlled didn't even blip my radar.
Nope. They cannot be T-1000 parts. Set in T2, the liquid metal Terminators must follow the rules: It can't form complex machines, guns and explosives have chemicals, moving parts, it doesn't work that way, but it can form solid metal shapes.
Er, so what's the problem? You did watch the TSCC finale, right?

Anyway, I think my memory is just full of holes and the TX does use nanobots. I should probably watch T3 again.
Old April 20th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
I don't think they specified nanobots, did they? I imagined it more like what Weaver did with the drone. The T-X would be able to do the same, dontcha think?
You mean in the season finale? She didn't control that drone. We have to assume that it was sent by the evolving Skynet.

There is a part in the episode where a piece of liquid forms with her, but that wasn't inside the drone, that was her eel in the aquarium. And the eel was actually part of her.

But if that's not what you're talking about then I'm just rambling uselessly.

Anyways, I am totally looking forward to Terminator Salvation. The recent trailer made it look absolutely epic.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:51 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazemane View Post
You mean in the season finale? She didn't control that drone. We have to assume that it was sent by the evolving Skynet.

There is a part in the episode where a piece of liquid forms with her, but that wasn't inside the drone, that was her eel in the aquarium. And the eel was actually part of her.

But if that's not what you're talking about then I'm just rambling uselessly.

Anyways, I am totally looking forward to Terminator Salvation. The recent trailer made it look absolutely epic.
I was totally assuming Weaver was controlling the drone to drive John into trusting here and then jumping with her. I don't know how else she could have gotten him to do that. Maybe it was happy coincidence though that the drone attacked at just that moment.
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The drone was stolen from her mid season. Weaver had been hunting the one that did steal it, an ex-employee she was unable to kill in the desert factory where Sarah was shot. He had all the reasons in the world to attempt to kill Weaver and none whatsoever to work with her.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:55 AM

keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby!

Before I see Salvation, I'm rewatching the past terminators, and just got to T2 tonight. Really, I've forgotten how much I loved that movie. Maybe it's the action scenes, but T2, in my opinion, is a thrill ride, and certainly one of my favorite movies. That, and the extended version Netflix sends includes a deleted scene of John trying to teach Arnold to smile like a normal human
Old May 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Actually, it looks cool. I saw the special on G4, so I know what I'm talking about.

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!
Old May 16th, 2009, 07:51 AM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Slayer Of Threads, That Is Me! And Now They Are Back, Don't You See! I Am The Limerick!

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:50 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation

I saw this at the midnight showing last night.

It was a bit confusing I think, but there wasn't ever exactly a dull moment. It was pretty good, I just don't know where to gauge it among the other three movies yet.

If I have one complaint though (slight spoiler... kind of), how come the terminators had such a hard time killing people hand to hand? I mean, it seems like they should just know how to snap necks, and besides, they are super-humanly strong. They punch humans, and the humans somehow get right back up.

That just didn't seem right.
But this movie was fun.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.

Last edited by Blazemane; May 23rd, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:07 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

One of the few good reviews I've seen, it's being slaughtered at rottentomatoes.com

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't really have any info about TS. I was just tired of seeing ads for Adobe and Autocad on everything. I do plan on going tonight with my wife to check it out, though.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 10:09 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

I'm gonna see it on monday, 'cause it's memorial day.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazemane View Post
If I have one complaint though (slight spoiler... kind of), how come the terminators had such a hard time killing people hand to hand. I mean, it seems like they should just know how to snap necks, and besides, they are super-humanly strong. They punch humans, and the humans somehow get right back up.

That just didn't seem right.
But this movie was fun.
I thought the same thing minus the fun part. They should have been crushing skulls and punching through chests, but I also thought there were quite a few other flaws with this movie. Too many to name. So here are just a few:

SPOILERS

When Connor saw Marcus for the first time why did he act like he'd never seen a flesh covered Terminator before? So it had some organs, big deal!
Didn't he remember his childhood? All the flesh covered Terminators he had encountered before? Or was his childhood so traumatic he repressed the memories? The film would alternate between him screaming "What are you?" to "We've been at war since before I was born." They're Terminators! You've seen what they are capable of! Remember?!
Where were the guard dogs? Connor knew that Skynet would send in infiltration units at some point. He knew about the value a dog provided. Wouldn't he be prepared?
Don't even get me started about the sappy ending. Yeesh.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies