Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you find this article useful and/or informative?
Yes. 388 93.27%
No. 28 6.73%
Voters: 416. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 4th, 2012, 04:27 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What's in an Order Marker? (D1, D2, and D3 up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
Yes. And welcome to the site, Jexik!
Uh... thanks?
Wow...that's the heroscapers.com equivalent of the twitter generation asking who Paul McCartney is and why is he trending?

Old July 4th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Yes. And welcome to the site, Jexik!
Uh... thanks?
Wow...that's the heroscapers.com equivalent of the twitter generation asking who Paul McCartney is and why is he trending?
True, Deroche! Bothi directed that to the wrong person.

Last edited by MegaSilver; July 4th, 2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Who is Paul McCartney anyway? Why is he "trending"?
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Fixed, sorry guys, I was looking at the post and accidentally typed in Jexik instead of wolfking...............
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Fixed, sorry guys, I was looking at the post and accidentally typed in Jexik instead of wolfking...............
Yeah, we figured.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:23 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Jexik, are you planning to add SoV/C3V customs to that list? After all, they are the continuation of HeroScape.

Just a thought.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:06 PM

marted Woo who?

you act as if having more of the same common helps so, are you allowed to to use all of your figures on a common? e.g. if I have 3 rat cards can I use 9 rats?
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by marted View Post
you act as if having more of the same common helps so, are you allowed to to use all of your figures on a common? e.g. if I have 3 rat cards can I use 9 rats?
No, even if you have 3 Rat cards, you would still only be able to activate 4 of your 12 rats. However, if one dies you can still move 4 rats, unlike how the Unique Squads work.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Jexik, are you planning to add SoV/C3V customs to that list? After all, they are the continuation of HeroScape.

Just a thought.
No.

I've not played with those figures, so I won't discuss how to use them. I don't play Heroscape very much at all anymore.

The main lesson of the article isn't the list at the bottom or end of each section but to learn how to make an army so that you can get the most out of your activations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marted View Post
No, even if you have 3 Rat cards, you would still only be able to activate 4 of your 12 rats. However, if one dies you can still move 4 rats, unlike how the Unique Squads work.
Right. What makes common-based offenses powerful is how they can absorb casualties and still get their full number of attacks per turn. Unique Squads are a risk because their offense is drastically reduced by casualties, while Unique Heroes are risky because although their offense is not reduced incrementally, they are a high risk for losing entire turns (order markers) when they fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; February 25th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old February 25th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

How I wish I could have my vote back! I voted back when I first came to the site and didn't use order markers, so this didn't use to pertain to me.
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:05 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Colors make me dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
How I wish I could have my vote back! I voted back when I first came to the site and didn't use order markers, so this didn't use to pertain to me.
If it makes you feel any better I can't even vote on this because the multiple-colored text basically makes this unreadable for me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:44 PM

Clockwork Woo who?

This is really helpful. I sometimes skip using order markers in small matches, but when I play competitively, they are very important. Units that rely on other unit and blah blah blah. Order markers as very useful and so is this article
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:35 PM

IronJaw Woo who?

Great article!

Fantastic idea color coding the units and their stregths.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles