Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:22 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Lack of Quality Control with stat cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Or perhaps they already know what the cause was. After all, based on people's comments, it doesn't seem to be limited to a certain retailer.

Yes, possibly. I like to try and think positive about the situation and believe they've got it under control.

Thanks, GreyOwl.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sounds like the packaging plant needs to get rid of the full service bar and stripper pole...
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:19 PM

colnago is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I just picked up my D&D wave 1 packs. I didn't look too closely for missing cards (I will look again). I did however have a problem. One of my elementals boosters came with the Heroes or Faerun cards instead. What are my chances of getting WotC to send me replacement cards? Is it even worth the effort?

I have never had a problem with my boosters before and I have at least 3 of every common pack released to date and at least 1 of all unique packs.
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:45 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Sounds like the packaging plant needs to get rid of the full service bar and stripper pole...
Those were my only reasons for coming to work!!
Old March 31st, 2010, 04:34 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
I just picked up my D&D wave 1 packs. I didn't look too closely for missing cards (I will look again). I did however have a problem. One of my elementals boosters came with the Heroes or Faerun cards instead. What are my chances of getting WotC to send me replacement cards? Is it even worth the effort?

I have never had a problem with my boosters before and I have at least 3 of every common pack released to date and at least 1 of all unique packs.
Like others have said CALL WOTC customer service directly and they'll send you the stuff right away. DO NOT email, apparently they give you a hard time when they respond to email.

On the topic of whether WOTC should be inquiring about retailers. Has anyone noticed a retailer pattern to the problems? From what I can tell NO. All of these problems sound like some stinking factory in China that needs...

To put in a stripper poll* (without a bar) so that their workers show up more regularly.

*They probably want male strippers. I bet a lot of packaging is done by women in China.
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:25 AM

dsbarrick is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Do we want to set up a thread specifically to trade extra cards. This is representing a small faction withing our community, but it is huge to those involved. I was thinking of saving the WOTC a little trouble (and cost that they will roll into future releases)

What are everyone's thoughts?

I'd say no, simply because an error, even in your favor, is an error.
It is not an error in my favor, I need a Brandeis, and I have an extra Sharwin. It would save WOTC some trouble

Totally and completly understand.

My point is I'm sure WOTC wants to find where exactly the problem arose. For them to do that, they'd like as much information on the subject. This of course is assuming they care? Are they asking any questions other than "What card did you say you need"? I'd hope they want to track it so they can make sure this isn't going to be an ongoing experience with all wave 11 and beyond.

We can swap here as a group. I'm just saying I'd still report it to WOTC so that they can know where you live, where you bought it, when you bought it, and if needed replace items.
(Emphasis added)

Although I think Ryougabot's idea is a great initiative to help out those in the community who are waiting on missing cards, I agree with Greyelephant - I don't believe 'Scapers should be saving WOTC any trouble in correcting an error with their product. In my mind, that sets a bad precedent and doesn't hold them accountable for maintaining quality. As Greyelephant says in his second post, it seems important that WOTC know the extent of the problem - if the community fixes the problem for them, they may believe it to be a non-issue. Hopefully the extra hassle with this wave will make WOTC more proactive with the next.

Also, I agree with Greyelephant that there's no problem organizing a card swap as long as people are also reporting their issues.

Still waiting on my D1 to arrive - fingers still crossed for no issues

Last edited by dsbarrick; March 31st, 2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:26 AM

TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker

As a follow up...
After hearing about GreyOwl's good experience, I called again, and the cs rep was took my info and told me the new card would be out promptly. He also mentioned that "Yeah, we're getting a few calls about this"... Yes, I'd say someone is taking notice.

Mmmmm... Scape...
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:30 AM

CasualScaper has disabled reputation

Guys, this is supposed to be a kid friendly site. Save the off-color remarks for someplace else. Thanks.

"I think I'd rather be a cowboy. I think I'd rather ride the range."--John Denver
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:34 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualScaper View Post
Guys, this is supposed to be a kid friendly site. Thanks.
I always have stripper polls with my kids around. Hell, they even help me with it. If I don't have a stripper poll how am I supposed to find out the best stripper to use on my cabinets, tables, and chairs?
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:39 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Guys, this is supposed to be a kid friendly site. Save the off-color remarks for someplace else. Thanks.
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:41 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I got one extra Wyvern card in one of my first two waves I opened. Not short on anything though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:42 AM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Hehe..off color.. Man, I'm tired if I think that is a joke.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News