Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: 10th Regiment of Foot- What's your Army Idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair MacDirk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I would like to playtest it against this:

SotM Drake - 170
4th Mass x4 - 280

Total = 450

I think Drake would give a 10th Foot army a ton of problems.
I have a hard time seeing Drake get more than 5 Foots (Feet???) killed before he is bayonnetted into a puddle. Then you have 19 Foots against 16 4th Mass..... advantage Foots.
That's probably true, except that I would probably use Drake last instead of first. Even if I trade 4th Mass for Feet, worst case scenario Drake is left against 8 Feet. With his pseudo-flying and pseudo-range, depending on the map he can pick off one at a time without taking return fire. It would take some clever positioning though to avoid a bayonet swarm.

EDIT: Plus, if time were called, Drake would win on points.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I thought of a way to fix my first army so it fits in the hexes better... and counters the Romans better.

Marcus 100
3x 10th Foot 325
2x Sacred Band 425
James Murphy 500

I think the one thing that the 10th Foot can do that the Mass certainly can't is coexist well with greeks.

Edit: HHH beat me to it. Nice job!
That's the first 10th army that I'll try.
I figured out the that 7 range of James Murphy could be handy in a 10th-based army in addition to the fact that he is one of my top ten favorite uniques and I try to use him as a range filler whenever I can. He is like just over half a Kaemon, as JM's blast when applicable is like multiple attacks with range of 5. He just happened to be disciplined, which works out for the Greeks. In addition to his blast, his whip 12 also gives him some melee advantages when needed, which makes him blend with the 10th perfectly as a versatile range hero. He's a mercenary here. Should be fun no doubt.

By the way, I wish that there was something similar that was valiant.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.

Last edited by Hero Hot Hatch; June 3rd, 2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker

I guess if I were running a band camp army I'd go:

10thx2 - 150
Isamu - 10
Parmenio - 90
Sacred Bandx2 - 100
Major Q10 - 150

And don't we just love that ten point disciplined ninja? This way, Pamenio teaches Major Q10 that mercy is for the weak and the band stays together a bit longer.

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I used DW9K at the last tournament I went to, and it reminded me what a blast the deathwalkers are to play. I'm thinking about taking this army to the Beantown Beatdown later this month:

Death and Taxes
Deathwalker 9000: 140
Deathwalker 8000: 130
10th Foot x2: 150
Deathreavers x2: 80
Total: 500pts
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:30 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Death and Taxes
Deathwalker 9000: 140
Deathwalker 8000: 130
10th Foot x2: 150
Deathreavers x2: 80
Total: 500pts
Awesome name, awesome theme, and an awesomely creative (and fun) army build. Love everything about it.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:56 PM

a midget in a bikini has disabled reputation

lol how bout ths one

10th foot x2 150
Roman archers x2 110
4th mass x2 140
sacred band x4 200
vikings x1 50
parimino x1 90 +
---------------
740 point army

Last edited by a midget in a bikini; June 3rd, 2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Wrong point value
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

By Vikings you mean the Tarn?
Oh, and also, the 10th x2 cost 150, not 110 ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM

a midget in a bikini has disabled reputation

Edited it thanks
Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't believe no one has thought of it, but

TwinSplit Remix
2x4th Mass-140
3x10th Foot-225
Wo-Sa-Ga-135

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My thunder was stolen, but my heart was pure Let's see what the British dragged in:

Jexik: The Marcus army has a certain pragmatic beauty that's hard to argue.
playa1: Not sure I'm sold on 1xMCA here... mebbe at the top of a waterfall.
Velenne: Looks a lot like Jexik's army Have to admit I like the Greeks better for the tactical flexibility.
NecroBlade: Sweet! Great way to add some long-distance punch.
ParaGoombaSlayer: Raelin's kinda like a pinch of salt, isn't she? Makes everything just a bit better.
wbdhoc: Interesting. The only issue I have is that you need the OMs on the Legos to maintain the shield wall which might make the stick and shoot tough to pull off.
MattsterTruckRally: I think it could work. This is basically ParaGoombaSlayer's army with Theracus.
Nadom: I can go with Q10 - I like how his point total dovetails so nicely with the 10th and how he and they are both "10s".
killercactus: I like how the 10th and Kaemon Awa are ranged units that both benefit to a certain degree when an opponent comes into melee range. Hard on the melee troops when engaging doesn't make their life lots easier.
IAmBatman: Nice! You can give each (starting) group a Warlord to play with
Euryon: That second army looks nifty. I'm starting to appreciate how dangerous Dan can be when he gets four or five OMs with which to play around - that force mix can certainly buy him some time.
Hero Hot Hatch: I like the way Indy gives you both a special and a way to beat high defenses.
Einar's puppy: I fail to understand how mixing the 10th and the 4th does you any good. Sorry.
killercactus: Isamu's right retina called and boy is it angry! I like this army against other armies with big heroes.
rdhight: Much appreciation for the TEI love Actually, I think that army might work really well - though it oddly leads with the ranged units on the front line supported by the melee troops in the rear.
ollie: Heck, yeah! I like your style. Combining 8&9k really lessens the pain when that first unlucky roll happens and the heavy soulborgish nature of this group lends itself to some good immunities as well. The rats for the stick and strike is great too.
a midget in a bikini: Unfortunately, I don't feel qualified to comment on a 740 point army.
Shades fan: Why? You aren't taking advantage of any of the synergies of any of the three cards. No grubs, no Greeks, no valiant campfire singalongs...

~Aldin, having disciplined thoughts

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Nadom: I can go with Q10 - I like how his point total dovetails so nicely with the 10th and how he and they are both "10s".
Interestingly, I think that Q10 would also work well as a 10th Foot counter. His special attacks will still bypass their extra defense even when engaged and his Machine Pistol (likely his most effective weapon against them) has as many attacks as they do but still out-ranges them. Q10's been talked about much like he's a disappointment, but I've been noticing quite a few successful tournament armies using him lately... and yet no one could make the case that he's broken for the casual game. He's one of my favorite units and he'll make a nice little 300-point combo with 2 squads of the 10th foot (or a nice little equal-point counter!).
Old June 6th, 2008, 05:44 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I need help:

10th Foot 4x - 300

Q9 - 480

Raelin - 560

Eldgrim (to put on Q9) - 590

Isamu - 600

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion