Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 26th, 2012, 05:49 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: It's here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobleSavage View Post
I have a question about what to do with "leaning" figures. There are several of them that, because of how they were packed, are leaning drastically to one side. What's a good way to straighten those back up?
Put them into very warm to hot water. They will either align themselves back to their original position (know as "molecular memory"), or you can straighten them yourself. Then you dip into some cold water and you're all set and the figure will be fixed. Super easy to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post

I don't recommend this, though it can work, it can also break or at least weaken the figure. If you boil some water you can dip the figure in for a second or so depending on the thickness of the fig. This will weaken the plastic and make it more flexible. Then bend it back into position and hold it there while it re-solidifies. After this you may want to place it in the freezer for a minute or so, this will help to harden it in it's new position quicker.

I've done this a lot and it works perfectly every time, I've also broke/damaged a few figures trying to bend them back with out using the boiling water trick (the water doesn't necessarily have to be boiling, just hot. I've even heard some people have success with just using hot tap water, though their taps may be a lot hotter than mine).

When done properly this won't damage the figure or the paint.
I'll back up both of the above posts. I've only used this twice - both times because a NIB Raelin from RotV came with a badly-warped spear. Both times, it worked like a charm.

I've only tried to reshape once without the warm-water method; despite the mildly softer plastic used for that 'era' of figures, I broke Sir Gilbert's flag completely off its post! Krazy Glue is a wonderful thing.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 29th, 2012, 08:05 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Histoli View Post
The stickers are surprisingly rugged, much like the rest of Heroscape. One time my 3 year old wanted to remove the sticker from an "Omnicron Sniker", so we put it in the bathtub with him. Even after 5 or 10 minutes in the tub, completely immersed, the sticker was clinging tenaciously.
I've tried to soak the labels off of the glyphs with little success. I left them soaking in water for days on end; no luck. Smothered them with Goof-Off; still no luck. The two things left after the nuclear apocalypse will be cockroaches and Heroscape glyph labels.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:14 PM

KnobleSavage is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobleSavage View Post
I have a question about what to do with "leaning" figures. There are several of them that, because of how they were packed, are leaning drastically to one side. What's a good way to straighten those back up?
Put them into very warm to hot water. They will either align themselves back to their original position (know as "molecular memory"), or you can straighten them yourself. Then you dip into some cold water and you're all set and the figure will be fixed. Super easy to do.
I tried this out this afternoon on a couple of badly leaning figures. It worked perfectly and did not cause a problem with the paper on the base. Thanks for the great tip!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion