Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Avengers Trailer

Saw the 9:30 am show this morning. Totally awesome and my favorite superhero movie.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Saw it last night in 2D on the advice of most blog critics. Loved the movie overall.

I had a smile on my face during most of the movie, it was truly a wonderful piece of film. BUT my night was truly and irrefutably changed
Spoiler Alert!
Yeah, way to spoil it for me on facebook.
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

Yeah, way to spoil it for me on facebook.
Well, just want to make sure to all my FB friends who aren't nerds that they understood who it was that they were seeing. I am a bit of a Thanos nut ya know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old May 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Saw The Avengers yesterday with three pals, and we all enjoyed it. The action was too long and relentless for me, however well done technically, and the plot too simple, but it had great humor, character interaction, and the comic book fidelity factor was high. I missed some of the byplay/character development scenes of the earlier flics, but I loved what there was--the Widow/Hawkeye interaction and Tony and Pepper establishing a domestic Nick and Nora Charles relationship. (My favorite superhero movies so far have been X-Men #1 and X-Men: First Class, as well as Captain America). Best of all was the communal audience experience: we gasped and laughed together. Its been a long time since that happened.

Hooray for Joss Whedon! Hope he'll continue to be involved with the franchise. (Now, if he could only help a John Carter sequel get made).

Guess I won't be using the FDR drive for a few days here in NYC, while they repair it...yikes! A few more comments on specific roles follow, and I'll try to avoid spoilers:

The Hulk: This actor stole the show as Bruce Banner, which was a great surprise, because I'm not a big Hulk fan and didn't even see the earlier Hulk films (although he wasn't in them). Also gave my favorite line in the show,which none of my own friends mentioned in the post view discussion: "I'll tell you my secret--I'M ANGRY ALL THE TIME."

Iron Man: I only liked the 'spoiled immature' Tony Stark by the second half of IM2. Now I'm a fan of the RDJ interpretation. Entertaining acting--if that's what it is--continued. Our greatest work is to save ourselves.

Thor Good norsing around, and learning to enjoy working with mortals. Nice special effects particularly worthy of a god. And I liked that he still won't give up on turning Loki around.

Captain America Very realistically preserving and extending the persona developed in the excellent CA film. Lets hope he can avoid the "Wonder Woman TV syndrome" of the best stories being set in the earlier WWII period, in future endeavors.

The Black Widow Nice byplay scenes, as well as action. Would have liked to see more with Hawkeye. Scene with Loki on of the best in the picture.

Hawkeye The least developed, and had no previous movie to build character. Fine for what little they gave him to do.

Nick Fury: He finally gets some action, although SHIELD wasn't in the fight much like the police and national guard. Isn't Fury the one who's supposed to tear his clothing to shreds all the time? Guess its hard to rip a leather coat!

Agent Phil Coulson Another touching and unexpected performance. How much are those cards going for now on ebay?

Loki The outstanding performer of the Thor movie, he continued to play a damned soul to the hilt, exposing the psychological tortures of giving in to the evil side of our natures. He's the one I'd give an award to, out of all of the actors involved.

Stan Lee But who'd ever believe that this colorful comic book character could be real? Preposterous!

Last edited by chas; May 9th, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old May 8th, 2012, 01:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That's my secret Cap, I'm always angry.

I agree best line of the whole movie. Also really enjoyed Black Widows character and performance. You could really tell she was shaken up by the Hulk, as well as Loki. But then she puts it all aside to get the job done.
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I don't think she was shaken up by Loki. I think she was faking it to get him to keep going.
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't know, I think Loki really did get to her a bit. Later Hawkeye asks her why she is so eager to go after Loki and his army when she is not a soldier. She kind of deflects away from the full answer and says something about having red in her ledger she needs to clear out. That was clearly a reference to the the earlier scene. I think she was trying to say that she needed to deal with Loki before Loki came back after her.
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:11 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I don't think she was shaken up by Loki. I think she was faking it to get him to keep going.
She was faking, but it still affected her. That's why she wanted to fight in the war, to wipe the red from her ledger.
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:27 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hawkeye The least developed, and had no previous movie to build character. Fine for what little they gave him to do.
I'd say Commander Maria Hill was the least developed. I personally didn't know anything about her until I did some Googling after watching the movie. And she actually had quite a big role with S.H.I.E.L.D. in the comic book. I'm guessing that that might be something to look forward to if the sequel kicks in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Agent Phil Coulson Another touching and unexpected performance. How much are those cards going for now on ebay?
Loved his "I was watching you while you were sleeping." comment to Captain America. And of course his "...so, that's what it does.", as that was purely unexpected when he was doing the you-can't-win piece of fact to Loki.
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:01 PM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

Ant man is going to get his own movie, so I guess we can expect Wasp and ant/giant man to join the Avengers. I've also heard some rumors about Iron Fist, The vision, and Doctor strange joining.Iron Fist and Strange are currently in pre production I believe.

Back to the topic, the Avengers was amazing. It was like a football game in my theature. People were cheering like crazy.

Old May 10th, 2012, 11:45 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

I've read about the Iron Fist before. Wasn't Ray Parks (Darth Maul) supposed to play him? And I thought that got cancelled already.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:40 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
I've read about the Iron Fist before. Wasn't Ray Parks (Darth Maul) supposed to play him? And I thought that got cancelled already.
That'd be pretty awesome. Ray Park is good at any action role, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies