Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 13th, 2019, 08:57 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
@SuperSamyon , Great to see another Texan on here. I can let you know that I've been trying to work out April for a few years. While a lot of people know her as the reporter from the cartoon, it's actually not comic accurate and honestly, it's a horrible depiction of her in my opinion. The idea of her just being a mcguffin figure to be rescued is kind of stereotype.

The Comic version she's a stronger character that actually contributes to the team. This version would make a better teammate for a battle game in my opinion. If you've seen the 2007 cartoon that's a bit closer to what she is. She's a scientist that works in Baxter's laboratory before he's mutated. She helps the turtles with tech and general scouting knowledge and information. Some of this can be generalized enough to make her work as the Reporter version and I'm attempting to make that happen.

Also are you SpideytilIdie's friend?
Hey fellow Texan! Yeah, I figured her character had been adapted since when I was a kid. I did watch the 2007 movie and I was completely surprised by her portrayal.

With that said, my original design of her was more like Raela (probably misspelled her name). I think her captured mechanic really works best as a scenario option rather than a permanent card feature. If you remove that aspect and keep the other options I've listed, you can have her as an awesome support unit that leads the turtles into battle. She'll be even better if you bump her stats up a bit. She can really help move the turtles across a map. Thematically, this makes sense since April always seemed to be the first into battle because of her curiosity.

And no, I don't know Spidey.
Old August 13th, 2019, 09:04 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Like wild boar meat...too gamey for my taste.

I do like the idea of unique individual squads for some of them.
Ahh yes too Gamey. I probably let this design stew in my head for too long. I still do like the mechanics but I understand the lacking of theme. Ill keep thinking on it. Thanks for all the feedback.
Old August 13th, 2019, 09:36 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Talking Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
Quote:
Like wild boar meat...too gamey for my taste.

I do like the idea of unique individual squads for some of them.
Ahh yes too Gamey. I probably let this design stew in my head for too long. I still do like the mechanics but I understand the lacking of theme. Ill keep thinking on it. Thanks for all the feedback.
Maybe just try picking a group and researching them and then imagining how they might be interpreted. Might he a better approach in the long run.
Old August 13th, 2019, 09:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:
@SuperSamyon , Great to see another Texan on here. I can let you know that I've been trying to work out April for a few years. While a lot of people know her as the reporter from the cartoon, it's actually not comic accurate and honestly, it's a horrible depiction of her in my opinion. The idea of her just being a mcguffin figure to be rescued is kind of stereotype.

The Comic version she's a stronger character that actually contributes to the team. This version would make a better teammate for a battle game in my opinion. If you've seen the 2007 cartoon that's a bit closer to what she is. She's a scientist that works in Baxter's laboratory before he's mutated. She helps the turtles with tech and general scouting knowledge and information. Some of this can be generalized enough to make her work as the Reporter version and I'm attempting to make that happen.

Hey fellow Texan! Yeah, I figured her character had been adapted since when I was a kid. I did watch the 2007 movie and I was completely surprised by her portrayal.

With that said, my original design of her was more like Raela (probably misspelled her name). I think her captured mechanic really works best as a scenario option rather than a permanent card feature. If you remove that aspect and keep the other options I've listed, you can have her as an awesome support unit that leads the turtles into battle. She'll be even better if you bump her stats up a bit. She can really help move the turtles across a map. Thematically, this makes sense since April always seemed to be the first into battle because of her curiosity.

Wait, what? I've been thinking you were one of Spidey's gaming crew. Well then, I can't go around assuming Spidey is tipping you off on what's happening behind the scenes then can I. Well, I just started up a new design thread today you might be interested in. Keep an eye on the play testing thread near the end of the month. Well, assuming Durham Red is wrapped by then, otherwise look for something new from me once she wraps up!
Old August 13th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
NAME = BANE GOONS (Name Pending)

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SQUAD (4)
CLASS = CRIMINALS
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED?

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

OUTLAW BONDING
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Bane Goons, you may first take a turn with any Unique Outlaw Hero you control.

VENOM AND BULLETS
When attacking with a normal attack from a Bane Goon, you may choose one of the following;
-When attacking a non-adjacent figure, he may attack two additional times. Roll 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack.
-When attacking an adjacent figure, you may count all blanks rolled as skulls.
Each option may be chosen only once per round.
Just a loose idea for what Bane dudes could look like. Other ideas I had;
-Something triggering off how many attack dice/skulls the Outlaw rolled
-Something more master plan-y to get across that part of Bane
-Something that helps you set up Back Breaker a bit easier. Cool ability, but I don't think I've ever used it. Hard to set up, and there's probably been times where I could've used it and forgot.
Old August 13th, 2019, 10:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So, wait, for Venom and Bullets you only get each of the bonuses once for the entire round for any of the Goons (not like you're going to track what individual Goons have used or not)?

The theme for Venom and Bullets feels really .... cramped. Like when they're adjacent you have to worry about their Venom but when they're not you have to worry about their bullets, but also bullets tend to just be thematically represented in the normal attacks of tons of figures. I dunno. It's a bit muddier than I'd like.

Unique Outlaw Hero pulls a ton of more classically "heroic" figures and a lot of folks who shouldn't really be leading a militia of Bane Goons. Knockout, King Shark, Bronze Tiger, Scandal Savage, Black Alice, Harley Quinn (II), Parademon, Ragdoll, Deadshot, Red Hood, and Catman in addition to Bane. I mean, some of those are fine (like Deadshot's cool in a way) but most feel like fairly poor thematic fits to me.

I'd almost suggest going Driven personality, as I like that pull a tad better. I could at least envision a strange scenario whereby Batman or Tim Drake are leading the Bane Goons. And The Hood is at least a crime lord. Carol Danvers, Blade, and Nemesis are admittedly as weird as anything on the Outlaw list.

I like the idea of boosting Back Breaker somehow. It's pretty tough to do. Maybe it'd be better to boost his Venom Injection roll so he's more likely to knock a figure down to one life more often?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 13th, 2019, 10:58 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Wait, what? I've been thinking you were one of Spidey's gaming crew. Well then, I can't go around assuming Spidey is tipping you off on what's happening behind the scenes then can I. Well, I just started up a new design thread today you might be interested in. Keep an eye on the play testing thread near the end of the month. Well, assuming Durham Red is wrapped by then, otherwise look for something new from me once she wraps up!
Haha, yeah I actually don't know many people personally. I should probably make a post soon reintroducing myself since I haven't been posting since 2013ish. Long story short, I was about to sell all my stuff until my wife played a game with me and loved it. So heroscape is back on!

And I'll be sure to take a look at your thread! I'll be happy to help test some of my theories about this figure.

BTW, where is your thread? I'm sorry I don't quite know my way around just yet.
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

IDK, I kind of like the idea of Outlaw Hero bonding, it's not like the Outlaw faction is really tearing it up. Red Hood and Dead Shot for sure seem like guys who could find themselves working alongside some guys with guns, and a bunch of the melee Outlaws could certainly benefit from some ranged fire support. I think of it more like someone hires the Outlaw and the Goons separately and sticks them together for a job. They might not normally work together, but bigger jobs can't always been done alone. The fact they are a Unique Squad is what makes it work for me though, if it were a common squad I wouldn't feel all that good about Bronze Tiger being assigns to lead that large a group.
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:12 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
And I'll be sure to take a look at your thread! I'll be happy to help test some of my theories about this figure.

So a real quick rundown of some of the important threads on the public side of C3G.

This is the public design workshop. This is where anybody can come and post their ideas for a design.

Public Designs currently being run are here. These are designs that are being run in the public for everybody to see. Currently we have Judge Hershey (from Judge Dredd), Ultron Drones, and Durham Red in there. You can drop in, see how they're coming along, and comment.

The public playtesting thread is here. All C3G designs need to be playtested, and this is the central command hub for that process. You can sign up to run playtests on units that haven't been released to the public to get a sneak peak at what's coming up, as well as to earn points you can potentially redeem to run your own design.

I believe what YK was saying was that a unit that might interest you might be hitting that thread within the month, so keep your eyes peeled. (It's not April, just FYI) I'll openly admit that we could really use some public playtesters, so we're going to continue to try to rope you into doing those.

Sorry if any of this is confusing, kind of typing it up in a hurry. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, yeah I actually don't know many people personally. I should probably make a post soon reintroducing myself since I haven't been posting since 2013ish. Long story short, I was about to sell all my stuff until my wife played a game with me and loved it. So heroscape is back on!

That's awesome that your wife enjoys playing the game with you! Having someone else to play with is often an issue many of us run into.

The design thread I was talking about is being run in the outer sanctum, that is where most of the sidekick/hero/legend designing takes place and is out of the public view. That is why I was being a little cryptic about the new thread, we do like to surprise people with our releases.

The Public Playtesting thread is where we post thing up ready to be tested. If you just keep and eye on it you will at least know what we are working on, the mini info is always posted when a new design goes up so some people like to buy figures in advance they are looking forward too. Once it's done being tested, the design gets locked away until we find a time and place to release it.

There are designs run in the public as well, located here, where everyone is encouraged to participate if they want too. Those are released immediately once they are completed. Many public members have made valuable and lasting contributions to cards in the form of power ideas or synergy hooks. Even if you are not super into a character being run in the public, just following along can give people a good insight into how our process works around here for turning an idea into a card. Which can be useful for anyone who wants to one day contribute their own card to the C3G library.

Public members can earn points by play testing, which can be turned in to run their own public design thread (pending hero approval, which is generally pretty easy to get). Public members, and even some sidekicks/heroes/legends discuss designs they are thinking about in the Public Design Workshop. Anyone can post up any idea they have there, unless you are like Mr. Nobody and you just want to post up a new card for something unrelated to C3G every hour on the hour, then the Out -there Heaven is your place to post. I even contributed my own Johnny Cash card idea just recently, so it can be a fun place for crazy ideas.
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:22 PM
C3G Landlord

lol, just realized I linked the same thread I was already posting in.
Old August 14th, 2019, 01:16 AM
Just A Head

With bonding, I think it could go 3 ways. We could tie it to Outlaws, Driven personality, or if we wanted it really specific, the Venom Injection power itself. Guess it just depends on who we feel needs to be pulled in. I'm personally more excited by some new Outlaw options, but being able to give Batman a squad to bond with would be cool.

For Venom And Bullets I meant to type once per turn instead of once per round. But I'm not feeling that power anyways so let's ditch it.

For a power that works with Back Breaker, it is pretty hard. The only thing I can think of is something like this;
Quote:
VENOM BEATDOWN
Once per turn, after a figure you control inflicts one or more wounds on a figure adjacent to at least one Bane Goon you control, if the defending figure has 2 or fewer life remaining, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll X or higher, inflict a wound on that figure.
But that still kinda feels contrived, or gamey as we were discussing.

I definitely like the idea of playing with Venom somehow. What about something like what Hugo Strange does?
Quote:
EXPERIMENTAL VENOM
At the start of a round, before rolling for initiative, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this Army Card. Until the end of that round, the Bane Goons have a Range number of 1 and an Attack number of 6. After taking a turn with the Bane Goons, if there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, roll the 20-sided die for each Bane Goon you control. If you roll X or lower, destroy that Bane Goon.
I guess a big question for me is how much we want to play into the well-organized semi-terrorist group depiction of Bane's crew (like DKR) and how much we want to play into the 'roided up South American wrestler dudes depiction. Looking at the mini, I kind of like straddling the line there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy