Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old July 26th, 2019, 05:41 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker
Re: Settling Line of Sight Rules for Double Spaced Figures

Quote:
This means that figures with a head in front, like many soulborgs, cannot see behind themselves. Shurrak would be another example. Figures like Jotun don't have this problem since their head is on top of their body.
I didn't think you used line of sight when attacking adjacent figures.

Long live heroscape

Last edited by The Long eared bat; July 26th, 2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old July 26th, 2019, 11:00 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You're right, but Jotun does need clear sight when placing figures with Throw.
Old July 26th, 2019, 11:16 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Oh yes of course and Shurrak needs clear sight when knocking a figure. It is weird because on Shurrak's card the green dot appears to be on his hands.

Long live heroscape
Old July 26th, 2019, 11:24 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

That is weird. I'd probably say that the dot's actually right on top of his head under his hands, but it's definitely not on his eyes. I do think it's an error that should have been errata-ed.
Old July 26th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
In my mind, there's only one ruling that is consistent with established rules:

There must be a clear line of sight from a "seeing" figure's Target Point to the other figure's Hit Zone. This line must not pass through any part of the "seeing" figure's body other than its head.

This means that figures with a head in front, like many soulborgs, cannot see behind themselves. Shurrak would be another example. Figures like Jotun don't have this problem since their head is on top of their body.
That's the simplest and best explanation I have heard. Thanks Superfrog!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 26th, 2019, 05:01 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wait, so what is this conclusion actually saying? Are you trying to tell me that Q10 cannot shoot that Nagrub?

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
When checking to see if you have a clear line of sight with Q9, you may want to look behind the targeted figure’s Hit Zone to see if you can see Q9’s head, or the side of his face. He cannot fire directly behind himself.
I interpret that differently than @SuperSamyon 's, "Q9 cannot fire behind himself. With that in mind, use your opponents figure and see if you can see any of the facing Q9s head. If you can, he can hit you."

I would read it more as, "Q9, like all figures, must be able to see figures to shoot them. Because his sculpt is funky, you might want to look from the other side to make sure he can see properly. Because of his sculpt, he can't see people directly behind him." It seems to me like they just didn't think of a situation where a figure was behind him and could be seen from his head when they answered that question. Having two characters singled out as being unable to shoot anybody they can see seems really ridiculous.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 26th, 2019, 05:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

Q10 can totally see that Rat. He's got a clear line from his head to the Rat that doesn't pass through his back or any part of his body other than his head.

Most of the time they can't shoot behind themselves, but a different angle like you've got changes that. The note about seeing the side of Q9's head suggests that "Q9 and Q10 can't shoot behind themselves" is not an absolute rule, but a rule of thumb.
Old July 26th, 2019, 05:09 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
There must be a clear line of sight from a "seeing" figure's Target Point to the other figure's Hit Zone. This line must not pass through any part of the "seeing" figure's body other than its head....
I am not sure about the bolded part - can figures see through their own head? Even if so are you drawing from the eyes (green dot on card) or ANY part of the head? The only way the Rat in the top of the pic below can be shot is if you can use any part of own head as a target point which is totally against the letter and spirit of the rules, IMHO.
Old July 26th, 2019, 05:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

I did mention that the line has to go through the target point, not just any part of the head.

The rule where it says that the side of Q9's face counts for drawing line of sight (from a figure mostly behind him, no less) suggests that double-spaced figures can see directions other than forwards out of their head.
Old July 26th, 2019, 06:08 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Dr.Goomonkey I agree with your logic in the example you pointed out if we are ruling that the one exception to the green dot not being able to see through your own body is being able to see through your own head.

From a thematic standpoint, however, it's still somewhat hard to accept. I would think that the spirit of the rule is that in order for a figure to see behind himself he would need to flip his base since one typically cannot turn his head all the way around.

It's why I like my 180 degree facing interpretation since you can typically turn your head side to side but to see behind yourself you would need to turn around or flip. It's also why I thought hasbro specifically pointed out that Q9 cant see behind himself but could see to the side if the shoulder pads arent blocking. Also in the instruction booklet via pictures, they frequently demonstrate line of sight as requiring you to get behind a figure you are aiming with to determine if the attack is possible.

One other thing to consider is the placement of the green dot on the card. If you could see anywhere from the head, I think they would have placed the dot in the center of the head instead of towards the front.
Old July 29th, 2019, 06:19 PM

Vrin is surprisingly tart
Disease?

Is there a figure in heroscape that has a disease special attack?

Last edited by Vrin; July 30th, 2019 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Sorry just wanted to start new post. Not reply to prev.
Old April 13th, 2022, 12:14 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
In my mind, there's only one ruling that is consistent with established rules:

There must be a clear line of sight from a "seeing" figure's Target Point to the other figure's Hit Zone. This line must not pass through any part of the "seeing" figure's body other than its head.

That's the simplest and best explanation I have heard. Thanks Superfrog!
It has been a while since I have commented on rules. I think superfrog is correct.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's