Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 8th, 2012, 01:10 PM

puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby!
Puzzlemonkey's Customs: Bat Sentry

Here are my customs that I've been playing with:

The latest is

Bat Sentry

Version 1 is a patrol sentry that Batman uses to fight crime when he's unavailable or injured.

NAME = Bat Sentry

SPECIES = Android
UNIQUENESS = Uncommon Hero
CLASS = Hunter
PERSONALITY = Relentless

SIZE/HEIGHT = Large 8

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 130?

SENTRY NETWORK
If Bat Sentry ends its movement within 4 spaces of an opponent's figure, you may move an additional Bat Sentry up to 4 spaces. No Bat Sentry may move more than once per Order Marker using this

power.

SEARCHLIGHTS (or "TARGETING AID"?)
Any figure you control may add 2 to its Range when attacking a figure within 2 clear sight spaces of any Bat Sentry.

Bat Sentry:
Mark II

Version 2 is an upgraded Sentry for a more confused time. Batman modified this version to fight and subdue super-heroes infringing on his Gotham terrain.

NAME = Bat Sentry

SPECIES = Android
UNIQUENESS = Uncommon Hero
CLASS = Hunter
PERSONALITY = Relentless

SIZE/HEIGHT = Large 8

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 230?

CONCUSSION BLAST
When an opponent's figure would receive one or more wounds from Bat Sentry's normal attack, you may choose not to inflict any wounds. Instead, remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that Unique Hero's Army Card.

ADAPTIVE DEFENSES 14
When Bat Sentry is the target of a special attack, roll the 20-sided dice. If you roll a 14 or higher, the special attack has no effect.f a special attack, roll the 20-sided dice. If you roll a 14 or higher, the special attack has no effect.

Wordings on the powers need tweaking, and point costs are fairly broad guesses.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Links to all my customs thus far:

The Spirit

Stick

Bat Sentry

Last edited by puzzlemonkey; July 24th, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old May 8th, 2012, 09:09 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker
Re: My first custom - The Spirit

I think the wording for his powers might be a little funky. Maybe try something like

SCOURGE OF THE UNDERWORLD
Whenever The Spirit destroys a figure you may movie him 1 additional space and attack with him 1 additional time. If The Spirit leaves an engagement while moving his 1 additional space he does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

GRANITE JAW
Whenever The Spirit receives enough wounds to be destroyed by an enemy figure's normal attack and The Spirit rolled at least 1 shield then The Spirit is not destroyed and remains on the battlefield with 1 life.

That's the best I can think of. But I think he looks great. I wouldn't have even noticed that the figure was a repaint.

Nice Job.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 8th, 2012, 09:33 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
I think the wording for his powers might be a little funky. Maybe try something like

Whenever The Spirit destroys a figure you may movie him 1 additional space and attack with him 1 additional time. If The Spirit leaves an engagement while moving his 1 additional space he does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

GRANITE JAW
Whenever The Spirit receives enough wounds to be destroyed by an enemy figure's normal attack and The Spirit rolled at least 1 shield then The Spirit is not destroyed and remains on the battlefield with 1 life.

That's the best I can think of. But I think he looks great. I wouldn't have even noticed that the figure was a repaint.

Nice Job.
Honestly, I think the wording is better as is. Granite Jaw could be quite powerful, you need a whiff to die. Might be he's worth the 130 points.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:48 PM

puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby! puzzlemonkey rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, he'll be really hard to kill. And that's the idea. He'll hang on, wiping out petty thugs, but just being a nuisance to, say, Dr. Doom. (Although, who isn't a nuisance to Dr. Doom?)
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post

Thanks for looking, guys. I worded the power that way so that he couldn't move without attacking--I don't want him to be particularly maneuverable, just an old-fashioned brawler. I'll still look for ways to make it less clunky, though.
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice work! I think the card art and the paint job are fantastic. Obviously you need to add the hitzone.

I've read your powers and like how they. I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong, but I think this is how I would word those powers. Feel free to take it or leave it.

If The Spirit destroys a figure, you may immediately move up to 1 space and then attack 1 additional time with The Spirit's normal attack. When moving with Scourge of the Underworld, The Spirt will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

GRANITE JAW
When rolling defense dice for an attack, 1 shield will block all damage. The Spirt may only use Granite Jaw if the attack would cause enough wounds for The Spirit to be destroyed.

Welcome to cutom HeroScape - it's awesome!
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Oh, that's definitely better wording for Granite Jaw! Thanks, streaky!

I still want it to be clearer that you have to attack with Scourge of the Underworld. I may use your second sentence, though.
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:06 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Nice work on the card. Many people don't seem to 'get' the offbeat feel of The Spirit. Which may be why many didn't like the movie. I just saw a rare The Spirit TV pilot from the 1980s with Sam Jones and Nana Visitor, which was quite good! Spider Robinson, who played a Black kid sidekick back then, is still around, and just did the voice of Cyborg on JLA Doom!
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:26 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlemonkey View Post
Oh, that's definitely better wording for Granite Jaw! Thanks, streaky!

I still want it to be clearer that you have to attack with Scourge of the Underworld. I may use your second sentence, though.
OK, you could go with:

Whenever The Spirit destroys a figure, you must immediately move up to 1 space and attack with The Spirit's normal attack, if possible. When moving with Scourge of the Underworld, The Spirt will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

I'm not sure why you want it to be mandatory, but in that case I would suggest specifying enemy figures for the destroyed figure and additional attack. Also, do you want to limit it to once per turn?
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:22 PM

Oops. Not what I meant. I just meant you can't move without attacking. And I don't want to limit it to once per turn. I'm thinking his attack isn't so high that he should be able to use it too much.
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Nice work on the card. Many people don't seem to 'get' the offbeat feel of The Spirit. Which may be why many didn't like the movie. I just saw a rare The Spirit TV pilot from the 1980s with Sam Jones and Nana Visitor, which was quite good! Spider Robinson, who played a Black kid sidekick back then, is still around, and just did the voice of Cyborg on JLA Doom!
Thanks. I'd be inclined to say that the actual feel of The Spirit was almost completely absent from the movie. And it's a shame, because I'm sure Miller gets it, he just went in some completely other direction to put it on screen. Alas.
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlemonkey View Post
Oops. Not what I meant. I just meant you can't move without attacking. And I don't want to limit it to once per turn. I'm thinking his attack isn't so high that he should be able to use it too much.
Oh, I see. That's quite hard to specify succintly. In that case I'd go for:

Whenever The Spirit destroys a figure, you may immediately move with Scourge of the Underworld. Scourge of the Underworld has a move of 1. When moving with Scourge of the Underworld, The Spirt will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After moving with Scourge of the Underworld, you must immediately attack with The Spirit's normal attack.

It's a bit repetative, but is the closest I can think of to official wording.

Last edited by streaky2007; May 10th, 2012 at 12:26 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations