Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 20th, 2020, 02:18 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Knight of Scape's Customs: The Prisoner 2020/12/31

Hey friends! Thanks for checking out my thread!

I've been making customs for a long time, but I've never gotten around to posting any of them, mainly for reasons like "I really stink at image editing/making cards". Thanks to @superfrog 's tutorial and @Xorlof 's tool, though, I finally managed to put together a somewhat presentable custom card last night (although I still haven't figured out the hitzone and "blending into the mist" stuff) for the first time ever. So I guess I have a customs thread now.

I have designs for around 100 figures written up in various places in notebooks and hard drives and cloud storage, so for the foreseeable future this will probably be me periodically posting touched up versions of old custom designs (a lot of my old customs are not worth sharing, so I'm just going to post the highlights).

Word of warning, the playtesting these customs have received mostly ranges from "less than 10 games" to "none at all." Sadly, I have a lot more time to design customs than I do chances to actually play with them. If any of you readers want to help me test my units, let me know, and I'd be very happy to play with you online (I can also help you test your customs ^_^ ).

I don't think that any of these old customs are anything close to SoV material (at the least they all fail on the figure availability front. Most of them don't even have figures). Nevertheless, I think they're still fun to play, and have some creative power ideas that might be inspiring.

MOST RECENT CUSTOM(S)

After a long delay, I present my third and probably final custom from my really old binge of making "cooler" units using official figures. This one was from back when the Capuan Gladiators didn't exist yet, so Spartacus was pretty terrible, and I wanted to try to use his sculpt for a more interesting concept.

Spoiler Alert!

This is my attempt at a negative point cost unit. I don't really think that negative cost units should ever exist in VC, but if they did, I'd make them something like this. Being unable to draft the Prisoner with other negative cost units is entirely superfluous, since I haven't made any other negative cost unit, but it future proofs him in the sense of preventing min-maxed builds that use a bunch of negative cost units who mitigate each other's downsides.

The Prisoner's own downside is pretty significant. He gives you an extra 30 points to build with, but someone has to stay behind in the startzone to guard him, and if your opponent manages to sneak past and kill the guard, they gain unit who'd probably be worth about 80 just from his solid stats. The fact that the prisoner is taking up a hex also prevents some common heavy armies from making the most of the extra points he offers. You can guard the Prisoner with a filler unit like Isamu or Marcu, but using the extra points from the prisoner to include Marcu in your army so that he can guard the prisoner is a bit of a waste. Generally this guy works best when there's some fairly expensive army card you really want (whether it be a key hero or another card of your squad) and you're just a few points short.

PREVIOUS CUSTOM(S)
Ithariel:
Spoiler Alert!

The Caller:
Spoiler Alert!

Any comments and criticism are appreciated! I'm happy to hear about ways to improve my wording, ways to improve balance, or things that just don't do it for you, thematically or mechanically.

Last edited by Knight of Scape; December 31st, 2020 at 01:13 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards