Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 26th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Rick Flag Jr.

The Book of Rick Flag Jr.

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 65
FOR GOLD OR COUNTRY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Joker's Wild set.
Its model number and name are #013 / Colonel Rick Flag, Jr..

Character Bio - Rick Flag Sr. was a career soldier who lead the original Suicide Squadron, and Rick Flag Jr. is certainly his father's son. When Amanda Waller formed a new Suicide Squad, composed of incarcerated supervillains, she chose Rick as the field leader for the team. Rick helps keep the more treacherous members of the Suicide Squad in line, and serves on the team out of an over-developed sense of duty, despite openly disliking the criminals he has to work with.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • When you roll the 20-sided die for Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad special power after taking a turn with a figure that is within 5 clear sight spaces of an Agent you control, you may add 2 to your roll with Rick Flag's Staying On Task special power.
  • You may move a figure you control with a Micro-Bomb Marker on its card once per turn, after taking a turn with any other card you control, with Rick Flag's Suicide Squad Coordinator special power. Micro-Bomb Markers may be placed by Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: Arkham
  • Third playtest: Soundwarp
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Arkham
  • Rick Flag Jr. was created by Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:04 PM. Reason: png
Old May 26th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Rick Flag Jr. (Breathing)

NAME = RICK FLAG JR.
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 105

STAYING ON TASK
If a figure you control ends its turn and you roll the 20-sided die for the Suicide Squad special power, you may add 2 to your roll if that figure is within 5 clear sight spaces of an Agent you control.

SUICIDE SQUAD COORDINATOR
Once per player turn, after taking a turn with any Army Card you control, you may move one Unique Hero you control with a Micro-Bomb Marker on its card up to 4 spaces. Figures moved with this special power will not take leaving engagement attacks if they begin their movement within 5 clear sight spaces of Rick Flag.

Last edited by Ronin; June 15th, 2018 at 05:54 PM.
Old May 26th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Symbiotic

Comic art:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini photos:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Old May 26th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Symbiotic

Okay, so the pitch here is pretty clear - he's a lieutenant for Amanda Waller, to help keep the troops in line.

He should be pretty straightforward to test, since he just about has to be with Waller.
Old May 26th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Really happy to see Rick in the process - building the Suicide Squad faction is something I've really wanted to see done. Pretty simple, like you said, but about as needed. I'd be fine with Staying on Task giving a +2, honestly, and making it a 100% chance of keeping them in line.

CCE is the only part I'm iffy on. He's always struck me as a predominantly ranged character, so something that encourages him to stay back and lead from behind makes more sense to me.
Old May 26th, 2018, 01:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, if others are on board then I'd be okay with it starting out as a +2 bonus since it is limited by an aura and Waller is so far down the power rankings currently. I'm sure you'll end up outside of the aura from time to time and if your opponent is really good about not straying outside of the aura's provided, start targeting the Agents first or even just take out Flag and the other Agents are no longer able to keep the criminals in line.

Then from that perspective, I agree with Johnny's other assessment that I'd rather see him not encouraged to engage with the enemy. You'll want to protect him from harm since he's the guy keeping your criminals in line for the risk free double turns. Nothing too good for a 3rd power, or maybe no 3rd power at all as he should be a fairly cheap addition so you have more space for the criminals and additional agents. Maybe the common hero agents will be good additions here as cheap aura producers.
Old May 26th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Does he ever protect Waller? That may make for a great third power.
Something that allows him to fall back to your start zone to protect Amanda.
Old May 26th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Really happy to see Rick in the process - building the Suicide Squad faction is something I've really wanted to see done. Pretty simple, like you said, but about as needed. I'd be fine with Staying on Task giving a +2, honestly, and making it a 100% chance of keeping them in line.

CCE is the only part I'm iffy on. He's always struck me as a predominantly ranged character, so something that encourages him to stay back and lead from behind makes more sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, if others are on board then I'd be okay with it starting out as a +2 bonus since it is limited by an aura and Waller is so far down the power rankings currently. I'm sure you'll end up outside of the aura from time to time and if your opponent is really good about not straying outside of the aura's provided, start targeting the Agents first or even just take out Flag and the other Agents are no longer able to keep the criminals in line.

Then from that perspective, I agree with Johnny's other assessment that I'd rather see him not encouraged to engage with the enemy. You'll want to protect him from harm since he's the guy keeping your criminals in line for the risk free double turns. Nothing too good for a 3rd power, or maybe no 3rd power at all as he should be a fairly cheap addition so you have more space for the criminals and additional agents. Maybe the common hero agents will be good additions here as cheap aura producers.
I'd be okay with +2 if everyone else is cool with it.

My thinking on CCE is that it's more of a 'still pretty competent if he gets pinned down' thing more than a 'run him into battle to duke it out' kind of thing - I feel like the fact that he's keeping everybody in line with Staying On Task is enough for you to want to hang him back.

I'd be okay with just doing him as a two-power card, though.

And yeah, generic Agents will be a good way of spreading your aura around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Does he ever protect Waller? That may make for a great third power.
Something that allows him to fall back to your start zone to protect Amanda.
That's not really a thing. Waller's not typically in danger or anywhere near the action. We really only ever see her back at Belle Reve (which is super-secure) or sometimes meeting with Reagan or other politicians in Washington.

If we want someone body-guarding Waller, that would be a good function for generic ARGUS Agents, when we get around to those.
Old May 26th, 2018, 03:12 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

How would we feel about Combat Training off Domino?

Not much to say on this one - looks solid. I only know this guy from one JLU episode - he wasn't super memorable, and he doesn't massively excite me thematically or mechanically, but Suicide Squad builds are fun and something to make them a little more reliable without completely negating the risks should be interesting.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 26th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Symbiotic

I could live with Combat Training off Domino - I was definitely thinking about it.

YK's point about keeping his cost down makes sense to me, though, so I could see leaving it off.
Old May 26th, 2018, 04:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I will admit I was curious to see a low attack CCE combo. But I'm also cool with two powers as well.

We've put out so many longer more complicated cards I've actually had a desire to produce some team with simple two power of less cards that play well...just have a lot on my plate right now...sort of a competitive beginners set.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 26th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I will admit I was curious to see a low attack CCE combo. But I'm also cool with two powers as well.

We've put out so many longer more complicated cards I've actually had a desire to produce some team with simple two power of less cards that play well...just have a lot on my plate right now...sort of a competitive beginners set.
Yeah, I've been feeling the urge to simplify in a lot of places myself. I have a vague idea of what my next few designs are gonna be, and at least 2 or 3 of em are gonna be 2-power cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library