Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 14th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun
The Spellbook of Crimson Bands of Cyttorak

The Spellbook of Crimson Bands of Cyttorak

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 52
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?

Card PDF

Spell Bio - The Hell Lord known as Cyttorak is one of the most powerful magical beings in existence. Besides empowering his human avatar, the Juggernaut, he also provides a power source that magic-users can tap into to create the Crimson Bands. The Bands are an incredibly powerful shield and restraining tool.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Wave 28 - Marvel Cosmic)

Last edited by Ronin; July 18th, 2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old May 14th, 2017, 07:40 PM

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Spellbook of Crimson Bands of Cyttorak (Design Phase

CRIMSON BANDS OF CYTTORAK
Unique Spell
50 Points

Immediately after revealing an Order Marker on this figure's card, this figure may cast this spell to choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces to be Bound until the end of the round or until it is moved, whichever comes first. That Bound figure cannot roll for leaving engagement attacks and adds 1 automatic shield when defending against non-adjacent attacks. Before any player moves that Bound figure, that player must roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 6 from the roll if this figure is Wise. If that player rolls 10 or lower, the Bound figure may not be moved. Event Heroes and figures with the Unstoppable Force special power cannot be Bound.

C3G Sortable Index

Last edited by Ronin; August 12th, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old May 14th, 2017, 07:40 PM

Art:

(reserved for some Crimson Bands images - this is actually a pretty iconic, recurring thing, so art shouldn't be too bad on this one)

C3G Sortable Index
Old May 14th, 2017, 07:49 PM

Totally okay with this being more of a high-end spell. This is one that Strange in particular has a lot of history with, so I've been thinking about tying it into Wise figures to associate it with him and make it a little more niche with everyone else.

At one point I had it looking a little more like Polaris' Bubble Trap mechanics (which it is based on), but Polaris' auto-shield/ending-on-wound stuff has been left out to keep it clean, since it's a spell and just one power.

C3G Sortable Index
Old May 14th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A bonus for SS may be in order.
Old May 14th, 2017, 08:23 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Eh, I don't know that Super Strength would affect a magical spell. Maybe a bonus for Magical Defense, but even that would muddy up a clean card.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 14th, 2017, 08:44 PM

There are a couple instances of super-strong people breaking the bands (worth noting that that's like, the Hulk set, not guys on the low end of the super strength spectrum), so a Super Strength modifier wouldn't be out of the question. MD wouldn't really work, though.

Forgot to mention it in here before, but the call-out to Unstoppable Force is pretty cuttable. It would have been more relevant on the version that was more like Polaris' and added an auto-shield. It'd be kinda neat to have a call-out to Juggernaut since he and the Bands are both powered by Cyttorak, but it's enough that the spell just doesn't affect him by the nature of it.

C3G Sortable Index
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:05 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I believe Jug is huge so I'd just cut it. I don't think anyone else will ever have that power at this point. I like the SS bonus to the roll.

A thought if you don't mind it being a high cost spell is to have you also not be able to use any defensive powers that give you an option to move after an auto block. Not sure how that would be worded but Spidey Sense block, HQ backflip 1 shield block, etc. should all really get shut down if they can't move any more. Maybe take away all defensive powers as things like counterstrike shouldn't be possible either when unable to move. But then I'd say have the effect end at the end of the round or something to help balance it.
Old May 15th, 2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I believe Jug is huge so I'd just cut it. I don't think anyone else will ever have that power at this point. I like the SS bonus to the roll.
He's large, and I can think of at least a few Juggernaut variations who should have that power. Juggernaut's had heroic phases and was a member of Excalibur, so I could see someone doing a Juggernaut like that. There are also AU Juggernauts that could be tackled, like Zombie Juggernaut or Charles Xavier as Juggernaut. Colossus had Juggernaut's powers for a while in the comics, after Juggernaut temporarily got Thor-ish powers and became Kuurth during Fear Itself. (Kuurth and Colosso-naut both have minis).

Not sure how soon any of those will happen, but there are a few possibilities.

My stance here is that if it shakes out that all the spell does is restrict movement, I'll cut the reference, since that can't affect Juggernaut anyway. If it has some other secondary effect, I might end up leaving it in, so that it can't partially affect Juggernaut.

Quote:
A thought if you don't mind it being a high cost spell is to have you also not be able to use any defensive powers that give you an option to move after an auto block. Not sure how that would be worded but Spidey Sense block, HQ backflip 1 shield block, etc. should all really get shut down if they can't move any more.
The intent is that it already does that. We can fiddle with the wording to make it more clear, but it's meant to shut down any and all movement.

Quote:
Maybe take away all defensive powers as things like counterstrike shouldn't be possible either when unable to move. But then I'd say have the effect end at the end of the round or something to help balance it.
It would be within theme bounds to restrict more than movement, but I want to make sure this doesn't end up a negative play experience, so I don't want to lean into that too hard.

If we wanted to restrict mainly Counter Strike type powers, we could maybe make that the tie-in for Wise figures, something like this:

Quote:
If this figure is Wise, when any figure you control attacks the Bound figure, the attacking figure cannot receive any wounds from special powers on the Bound figure's Army Card.

C3G Sortable Index
Old May 15th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Cool spell. I worry a little about bookkeeping, but it shouldn't be too bad. Overall,

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
A thought if you don't mind it being a high cost spell is to have you also not be able to use any defensive powers that give you an option to move after an auto block. Not sure how that would be worded but Spidey Sense block, HQ backflip 1 shield block, etc. should all really get shut down if they can't move any more.
The intent is that it already does that. We can fiddle with the wording to make it more clear, but it's meant to shut down any and all movement.
This is an interesting side discussion to have then as perhaps I have been playing it wrong. When Doc Ock, Blob, or Reed Richards are adj. to Spidey, HQ, Nightwing, etc. they can't move, but their defense power does not say they 'must' move to use it only that they 'may' move after using it. So I still roll for Spidey Sense, I still allow 1 shield to block all damage, etc. I just don't let them move after doing so. Do others play that differently?
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
This is an interesting side discussion to have then as perhaps I have been playing it wrong. When Doc Ock, Blob, or Reed Richards are adj. to Spidey, HQ, Nightwing, etc. they can't move, but their defense power does not say they 'must' move to use it only that they 'may' move after using it. So I still roll for Spidey Sense, I still allow 1 shield to block all damage, etc. I just don't let them move after doing so. Do others play that differently?
I believe that's the official ruling - it's certainly how I play it. I certainly hope it's the case, as otherwise Doc Ock seems and unthematically hard counter to Spider-Man.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library