Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 17th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Changing Things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Hmm.

I will need to revise my checklist if he can become Doom.

~Dysole, not sure yet whether that's a path competitively that's bad or not
I didn't think it would make a big difference to his competitive value - the only thing it really changes is his interaction with the Doombots, in the specific scenario where you also brought Doom to the match and Doom has died before all of your Doombots have.

It does give the Doombots more chances to earn you some value in that scenario, but now they're protecting a ~100 point figure instead of a 250-375 point figure.
I'm guessing Dysole thought 'become Doom' meant more in the sense of working the same a Doombot or at least copying Doom's powers or something. Just 'inheriting the name Doom' doesn't seem like anything competitively troublesome unless I'm missing something.

Note that it could be a big deal if there ends up being a lot of 'Servant of Doom' types that care about having the Dr. around though. Like if anyone ends up with 'I get +2 attack as long as you control Dr. Doom' or something, Kristoff's value jumps up a fair bit.

Honestly, my biggest worry with this guy is that he gives a Mr. Fantastic build such cheap access to spells. But I'm not really willing to sign off on spells at all until they see a least one proper tourney or the like really.

That and I worry if he can save his princess without his trusty reindeer at his side.
Gotcha. I'll make sure to hit a spell-heavy FF build in the initial.

There's definitely some potential for future Doom-y units to pump up Kristoff's value a bit, so I'll have to keep an eye on that going forward.

I think the reindeer is one of those things where you're just gonna have to let it go.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Wave 28 - Marvel Cosmic)
Old March 18th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Kristoff von Doom (Vote for Initial)

Late to the response here but Doom's Heir is a great resolution. My initial thoughts were to have him inherit Doom's powers but that would obviously be too strong... literally inheriting his name, though, is perfect.
Old March 18th, 2017, 03:26 PM

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Late to the response here but Doom's Heir is a great resolution. My initial thoughts were to have him inherit Doom's powers but that would obviously be too strong... literally inheriting his name, though, is perfect.
Glad to have someone else who knows the character on board.

Taking that as a yea, we're down to japes.

C3G Sortable Index
Old March 18th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Oh yeah, Yea. I just sort of assumed the vote had passed without me.
Old March 18th, 2017, 06:35 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

YEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old March 18th, 2017, 07:02 PM

Re: The Book of Kristoff von Doom (Initial Playtesting Phase

This passes and also I already ran the initial earlier today when it became pretty clear that it was going to pass, so here it is:

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Kristoff @95 points

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Kristoff, Doctor Doom (I), Doombot x2, Mystic Flames x2, Condemn, Final Ruin, Skrull Infiltrator (700) vs Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Man (C3G) (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Kristoff, Doctor Doom (I), Doombot x2, Skrull Infiltrator x4 (700) vs Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Man (Mk IV) (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Kristoff, Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Hellcat, Mystic Flames x4, Final Ruin, Temporal Inversion x2, Lightning Bolt x1 (1000) vs Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, Superboy (Kon-El), Red Robin (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Getting the Adventurers access to spells gives them a few tools they didn't have before, but it doesn't feel too worrisome to me. That may change depending on what kinds of spells we see in the future, though; Kristoff would really like having some "big" relatively expensive spells, or any kind of figure movement spells. Anything like that would make him a little more popular with the Adventurers (and Doom as well, but the Adventurers are a more notable faction than Doom).

Doom likes having him as a sidekick, but he's not doing anything too crazy for the cost. Probably most worth drafting over the Moloids in situations where you want to make Doom an Avenger or get into some other synergy that relies on Unique Heroes.

C3G Sortable Index
Old March 18th, 2017, 09:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

By the way...had the tread title have said "voting for initial". I'd have noticed it sooner and voted. I saw the thread but since I had so much to catch up on I saved it for when I had more time.

Quote:
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old March 18th, 2017, 10:27 PM

Pretty sure I had the thread title updated, but no harm done either way. Things probably would have unfolded at pretty much the same speed.

C3G Sortable Index
Old March 19th, 2017, 10:28 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Pretty sure I had the thread title updated, but no harm done either way. Things probably would have unfolded at pretty much the same speed.
Then more than likely I probably just missed it then.

Quote:
Old March 19th, 2017, 03:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Interesting his only win came when he didn't draft any spells at all.

Kristoff uses all of his Mystic Flames here, but none of his other spells. Temporal Inversion is not that tempting when you know you're not going to get to cast anything else all round.

Seems like a the lower tier access to spells is working out to me. While I don't know if I'd draft Temporal Shift with him at all, the only one spell per turn still makes you wonder if you shouldn't save that slot for a Final Ruin type spell that is pretty good but highly situational. If you cast Lightning Bolt on OM1, you know you can't cast Final Ruin later that turn should the opportunity present itself.
Old March 19th, 2017, 09:52 PM

Yeah, Temporal Shift isn't the greatest for him, but I thought it was conceivable that it'd see use in that match-up, since switching the 1 and 3 on Nightwing can really shake up his plans for the round. Didn't come up, though.

C3G Sortable Index
Old March 20th, 2017, 06:28 PM

Alright, initial doesn't seem to have any red flags or anything and it's had some time to sit, so I'm proposing we move Kristoff to public playtesting.

@japes - yea
@johnny139 - yea
@Tornado -
@TrollBrute - yea
@Viegon - yea
@Yodaking - yea

C3G Sortable Index

Last edited by Ronin; March 21st, 2017 at 05:59 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library