Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #25  
Old June 8th, 2015, 12:07 AM
Sir Dendrik's Avatar
Sir Dendrik Sir Dendrik is offline
 
Join Date: May 23, 2006
Posts: 657
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 1
Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Nice proxy for these guys, better yet, they come at 50 cents a figure
This is what I use. You can hardly tell the difference.

Here's to Crypt Guardian's amazing defenses, arguably better than Q9 in a special attack-less world. Being able to shrug off low attack units again and again and again without blinking when it does take a wound because of its 4 life is where this guy's power lies. It's the perfect meatshield for keeping Sudema alive long enough to score that melee hero kill, which is how she makes her points back.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old June 8th, 2015, 12:10 AM
Smithy Winfred's Avatar
Smithy Winfred Smithy Winfred is offline
Last :-(
 
Join Date: March 19, 2012
Location: USA - Orlando-ish - FL
Posts: 3,409
Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Nice proxy for these guys, better yet, they come at 50 cents a figure
This is what I use. You can hardly tell the difference.

Here's to Crypt Guardian's amazing defenses, arguably better than Q9 in a special attack-less world. Being able to shrug off low attack units again and again and again without blinking when it does take a wound because of its 4 life is where this guy's power lies. It's the perfect meatshield for keeping Sudema alive long enough to score that melee hero kill, which is how she makes her points back.
I had a friend play these guys the other day, maybe because the map was fairly large and their were a lot of people playing, but he did not like them a ton, it can be boring to burn several turns just moving them up, but once you move up to them, they can really lay down the hurt.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old June 8th, 2015, 11:03 AM
IshMEL's Avatar
IshMEL IshMEL is offline
 
Join Date: August 17, 2011
Location: US - NY - Brooklyn
Posts: 1,435
Images: 471
IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Nice proxy for these guys, better yet, they come at 50 cents a figure
proxy card for you:

Spoiler Alert!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old June 8th, 2015, 01:25 PM
CrazyTankster's Avatar
CrazyTankster CrazyTankster is offline
 
Join Date: July 2, 2013
Location: USA-MI-Grand Rapids
Posts: 358
CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Nice proxy for these guys, better yet, they come at 50 cents a figure
Name of figure?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old June 8th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Smithy Winfred's Avatar
Smithy Winfred Smithy Winfred is offline
Last :-(
 
Join Date: March 19, 2012
Location: USA - Orlando-ish - FL
Posts: 3,409
Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

Living Mummy
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old June 9th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Sir Dendrik's Avatar
Sir Dendrik Sir Dendrik is offline
 
Join Date: May 23, 2006
Posts: 657
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 1
Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

Living Mummy #011 Amazing Spider-Man Marvel Heroclix

Full disclosure on the sculpt: It's a tad large. When you hold it next to an average Heroscape piece you realize the Mummy would probably be 6.5 feet tall. But once it hits the table and you've got a macro view of it, it fits in perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I had a friend play these guys the other day, maybe because the map was fairly large and their were a lot of people playing, but he did not like them a ton, it can be boring to burn several turns just moving them up, but once you move up to them, they can really lay down the hurt.
Yeah they definitely have their weaknesses and are deserving of their B- ranking. I wouldn't play them in a 2 player game where there are large distances to cross just to start using them, but in a 4 player game with a tighter map and players coming toward you, 2xCrypt Guard and Sudema can shine.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Last edited by Sir Dendrik; June 9th, 2015 at 01:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old June 9th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Smithy Winfred's Avatar
Smithy Winfred Smithy Winfred is offline
Last :-(
 
Join Date: March 19, 2012
Location: USA - Orlando-ish - FL
Posts: 3,409
Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Living Mummy #011 Amazing Spider-Man Marvel Heroclix

Full disclosure on the sculpt: It's a tad large. When you hold it next to an average Heroscape piece you realize the Mummy would probably be 6.5 feet tall. But once it hits the table and you've got a macro view of it, it fits in perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I had a friend play these guys the other day, maybe because the map was fairly large and their were a lot of people playing, but he did not like them a ton, it can be boring to burn several turns just moving them up, but once you move up to them, they can really lay down the hurt.
Yeah they definitely have their weaknesses and are deserving of their B- ranking. I wouldn't play them in a 2 player game where there are large distances to cross just to start using them, but in a 4 player game with a tighter map and players coming toward you, 2xCrypt Guard and Sudema can shine.
He played 6x Crypt Guardians and Braxas, and went straight for the guy fielding 3x Blastatrons, 2x Gladiatrons, and Q10. He ended up not losing all of his units (those guys are a pain in the but to kill with normal attacks) and held out until my poor elf army got wiped out

Still a fun game, I think it probably would have been a good idea to have more than just CGs, but live and learn, right?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old June 14th, 2015, 04:17 AM
Xotli's Avatar
Xotli Xotli is offline
Search and Rescue Expert
 
Join Date: May 25, 2006
Location: USA - CA - LA (Simi Valley)
Posts: 7,130
Images: 248
Blog Entries: 1
Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
... I think it probably would have been a good idea to have more than just CGs, but live and learn, right?
May I suggest Warden 816? That extra point of movement really helps ease the pain of getting the CGs into position. And you could do worse for a cleanup hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 15th, 2016, 05:21 AM
podunksarmy podunksarmy is offline
 
Join Date: January 11, 2016
Location: USA - ID - Rexburg
Posts: 5
podunksarmy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

Question: CURSE OF THE MUMMY
When you choose an opponent's figure and roll the 20-sided die for a special power on any Undead Army Card, you may add 2 to the roll if the chosen figure is engaged with this Crypt Guardian.

The wording here seems to indicate that the ability would stack with each crypt guardian adjacent to the defending figure. What say you?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 15th, 2016, 10:55 AM
capsocrates's Avatar
capsocrates capsocrates is offline
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots
 
Join Date: October 6, 2010
Location: USA - CO - Denver area
Posts: 13,443
Images: 11
capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

It stacks.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 16th, 2016, 11:41 PM
Scytale's Avatar
Scytale Scytale is online now
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion
 
Join Date: August 25, 2006
Location: USA - MN - Rochester
Posts: 8,484
Images: 457
Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by podunksarmy View Post
Question: CURSE OF THE MUMMY
When you choose an opponent's figure and roll the 20-sided die for a special power on any Undead Army Card, you may add 2 to the roll if the chosen figure is engaged with this Crypt Guardian.

The wording here seems to indicate that the ability would stack with each crypt guardian adjacent to the defending figure. What say you?
caps is correct. Each instance of a power on an Uncommon is considered to be a separate, unique power. So each applicable instance of Curse of the Mummy grants +2.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old September 12th, 2016, 01:05 PM
dok's Avatar
dok dok is offline
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017
 
Join Date: October 9, 2008
Location: USA - CO - Denver
Posts: 21,701
Images: 108
Blog Entries: 17
dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Crypt Guardian

@William099 or moderator, please add the following rules team-approved R&C to the first post:
Q. If a Crypt Guardian dies during its turn, can I take a turn with another figure using Royal Escort?
A. No.
The Crypt Guardian is no longer on the battlefield, so the power does not trigger.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Sunken Crypt Scott Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios 125 April 20th, 2012 03:09 PM
Tales From the Crypt Syd Shadows Comics 5 December 29th, 2010 03:17 AM
They canceled Heroscape and the Granite Guardian is mad!!! Ryougabot HeroScape General Discussion 13 November 11th, 2010 07:54 PM
The Guardian- Now Updated! Part 4.5 Anthasu1 Fan Art & Fiction 20 February 22nd, 2009 11:21 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.