Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:48 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Hypothetically, does the SoV currently frown on the type of attack bonding that Zaeus and the Pathfinders have? EG "One at a time, take a turn with each Pathfinder. During these turns, the chosen Pathfinders may not move"?
That's fine, I don't have a problem with that.

My biggest personal concern with cowboy synergy is "sameness." What the cowboys should not be is just like everybody else. Pushing all Heroscape factions to the same synergy webs is not only dull but it goes against what I love about Heroscape. Personally, I'm quite happy with cowboys being loners, but I won't require that.

Clayton Pierce
I like Posse. It's the sort of neat, interesting synergy I'd like to see with cowboys. Shootout is a bit of a mess. I get what you're trying to do, but as is it will require all Lawmen you choose to have clear sight on every figure you attack. It also, contrary to your thematic goal, gives height advantage to all attacked figures higher than Clayton. That's not bad, but I think there are better ways to do it.
Would a “better way to do it” include the type of attack bonding that I mentioned? After attacking with Clayton, you may take a turn with X lawmen, during this turn they may not move or make Special attacks”?
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Scytale is right, as usual.

Omegacron-style bonding is bad. I won't support it.

Attack Bonding is fine. No problems with it.

Cowboy synergy is fine too, as long as it's not "take turns with two cowboy heroes" or a similar re-tread of earlier factions. How you've done it is fine, although Shootout is mechanically weird, and not my favorite.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:55 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Would a “better way to do it” include the type of attack bonding that I mentioned? After attacking with Clayton, you may take a turn with X lawmen, during this turn they may not move or make Special attacks”?
Adding in the Special Attack restriction is new, but I suppose I don't have a problem with it.

It does feel sort of same-y to me though. Move bonding plus attack bonding.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 05:16 PM

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright. I don’t know what would be a better design/more fun: Shootout as a special attack with possibly wonky theme and mechanics, or “may not move” attack bonding that might feel samey or like a retread.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 05:57 PM

Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I much prefer Shootout as a Special Attack, even if it can be a little wonky. Part of why the design feels so unique is because of that Special Attack in my opinion, and while it pairs really nicely with Posse, switching it for normal Attack Bonding feels a lot more familiar.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 06:06 PM

Familiar in a bad way?
Old January 3rd, 2019, 09:00 PM

Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In my opinion, yes. We already have Kato Katsuro, Kantono Daishi, and Master Lao Xin that function somewhat similarly in how they tie together a band of units. Omegacron would probably be the most similar, though, since he features movement/attack "bonding" as well. I think that tying very limited movement bonding with a unique Special Attack similar to Jorhdawn or Chardris is a lot fresher at this point.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 09:32 PM

I definitely agree with you, I was just clarifying. The special attack was partially an effort to avoid the types of attack bonding synergy we’ve seen so far.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 09:34 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like the designs you’ve got here, especially because of the uniqueness and the boundaries it pushes. I agree though that Mccloud is overpriced now that I look at him more, but very thematic.
Old January 8th, 2019, 04:35 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hey folks. Any thoughts about this Thrall design I put together?

I wanted it to fill a hole in Thrall armies, and to fit the Thrall hallmarks of high damage potential and a self-destruct power.

When I settled on these being electrically animated undead, it made sense that they'd have some sort of instability, and some sort of conducting power. I just rolled those up into a single power. It's like Searing Intensity, but you also have to roll for the Thrall that took the turn, and it takes place after the turn rather than before attacking.

This Thrall is unique in its ability to wound multiple figures on a turn, but also is the only Thrall that has its auto-destruct power "always on".

I think the base stats might be slightly too high, so my first changes would be to go to 5 move or 3 attack.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

google sheets:

Old January 8th, 2019, 04:46 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of an electrically-charged thrall, but I don't see it in the mini. That looks like a fire or wisp effect, not an electric one.

Unstable Surge has a bit of a rules problem. If it destroys itself, does it get to keep rolling for the other units? Technically, no, it would not. Powers can stop working if the unit dies, even partway through the effect. This can be solved by making the roll for self after all others, though it's a little clunky and wordy. You could adjust that target number separately, though.
Old January 8th, 2019, 04:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I like the idea of an electrically-charged thrall, but I don't see it in the mini. That looks like a fire or wisp effect, not an electric one.

Unstable Surge has a bit of a rules problem. If it destroys itself, does it get to keep rolling for the other units? Technically, no, it would not. Powers can stop working if the unit dies, even partway through the effect. This can be solved by making the roll for self after all others, though it's a little clunky and wordy. You could adjust that target number separately, though.
The mini is what MTG calls a "wierd". Specifically, a Blistercoil Weird.

I don't think I necessarily mean electricity as much as some dark animating force that is causing the Thrall's body to blister and break apart.

Perhaps if I drop the "Surge" from the name and the power name, and replace it with something else that gets a less electric theme across.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

google sheets:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards