Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 28th, 2011, 05:36 PM

Utgar'sGrandson is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Smile Utgar's Grandson here to take the throne...

HELLO! I am new here.

I have been playing HeroScape for a while now. Recently I pulled it off a shelf, blew the dust off and couldn't stop playing!

I have ROTV Master set, SOTM Master set, the first expansion (With Dund and Brunak and the Deathwalker 8000) and an expansion with Deathstalkers and Blastatrons. I am building a massive army of Utgar (Won't play with any other general) and am keen on learning to make custom figures. Got any tips for a n00b custom maker?

Yours faithfully,

Utgar JR.

Old January 28th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: Utgar's Grandson here to take the throne...

Welcome to the site!

First, be creative. If your custom is just another Syvarris or Marro Stinger, it really isn't worth spending the time for a unit that is basically a clone of an already existing one.

Second, make sure it can't be completely broken. (Ex. bonding with a squad that can bond with the custom hero, creating an infinete loop.)

Third, playtest. This is pretty much one of the most important parts of custom making, as without it, the units aren't fun to make at all. It's also important to remember to do many tests, and to play in areas that kinda emphasize it's strengths. (Ex. Tor-Kul-Na on a flatter map, a lava-resistant figure on a map with some lava, but not coated in lava, because that would never happen in a real game.)

Fouth, have fun! If you don't enjoy creating customs, then you should look for other ways of expanding your game. (Custom terrain, house rules, etc...)

Finally, D&D Minis have some good stuff for customs. A good site for finding those is here, because of low prices, fast/cheap shipping, and a large selection. You can also order more 'Scape units there, or if you are interested, duplicates to repaint for customs.)

(And just so you know, this might be a better place to post this... and any customs you might come up with in the future.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General