Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 18th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Maybe Ullar DID bring him to Valhalla, but he went rogue once he learnt of Aquilla out-hippie-ing his old master.
Old October 26th, 2007, 05:31 PM

Talyn knows what's in an order marker Talyn knows what's in an order marker Talyn knows what's in an order marker
so with the "attack any or all figures adjacent" ability in there, does that mean he can attack multiple times in one turn? Just to clarify...

Old October 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
That statement allows him choose which figures to attack. So yes, he can attack more than once in a turn but he can only attack each figure adjacent to him once per turn. He rolls the attack dice seperately for each figure and each figure attacked defends normally.

Newb.
Old November 20th, 2007, 10:05 AM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
The more I look at this card, the more I think it was a big mistake to make Woo exclusive. A monk hero that enhances an existing semi-readily available squad should be sold in the stores with that squad. Of course, the I could say the same about Nerak. I think the exclusives should be figures that aren't associated with existing ones.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
I've never really been impressed by Woo or the Monks.

140 points for Sir Denrick with a pair of Nikes™? No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I've never really been impressed by Woo or the Monks.

140 points for Sir Denrick with a pair of Nikes™? No thanks.
Admittedly, I haven't used him yet, but I can see his use. Send those Monks over the castle wall! Kill gate gatekeeper! Open the door! Even with an Attack of 3 they will probably be able to take out the squaddie holding the door shut.

Even without the monks, try this one on for size:
In some castle games, the defender crowds the castle top with cheap swarm units, just to prevent a landing. Once you get that lucky first kill to open a landing space, Woo is just the guy to move in and attack everyone around him, clearing the way for the Einar Imperium.

Old November 20th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Although also a bit expensive, I think that SotM Drake is the king of castle assaults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I tried, sincerely, for most of September, to make Woo and the monks (great name for a Rock band) to work. I wasn't able...but someone else might do it. I'll live and learn.

I also, btw, agree that the exclusives should be made commercially available at some later time from their promotional release. At least fairly easy repaints can proxy in for them even now.
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:12 PM

DeadZa has disabled reputation
Maybe in castle games Woo and the Monks earn their keep but anywhere else they seem pretty weak. I’ve played them a few times and even in the best conditions and facing a swarm of Orc gruts to maximize their damage potential…they still just eventually die to a lucky grut. For every 3 Monks the Orcs get 8 gruts. Not good odds. Of course even against other strong melee armies who don’t swarm the monks still have issues with not being able to use their extra attacks since only a few strong enemies are on the field. For the cost the Monks and Woo aren’t great at handling a real swarm and against single powerful units they don’t have the stats to last. Poor Woo is just being dragged down until maybe he gets better options (with bonding maybe).
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:06 AM

Xenodeus has disabled reputation
So um, maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't the second part of master's influence give him an additional 1 attack and 1 defense? Cause the first part says squads, but the second just says monk which he qualifies for... Did people notice that? cause 5 attack 5 defense seems pretty nice to me.

Am I missing something?

"I've got wood for your sheep" ~Settlers Player
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:14 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Why would a figure enhance it's own stats? Be reasonable; if they wanted him with 5 attack and 5 defense he would have come that way. Now look at all the text on his card; they either ran out of room or they missed putting the word squad in there the second time.

His influence does not affect himself. Do I have proof? No

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:45 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think Woo is a perfectly made Promo figure.

1) As a mega-leaping monk with solid stats, he's fun to play.
2) He enchances a currently existing squad in a thematic way.

AND

3) At his cost, he's NOT tourney-worthy.
4) With his monk enhancement LIMITATIONS, he's NOT a must-have game-breaker.

This is how a Promo figure should be, IMHO. If they ever make a competitive Promo figure worthy of Q9-status, then shame on them. A promo figure should always be one that's fun to play, but never a tournament-winning powerhouse.

The "dark side" of blind-purchase games and collectable card games is that only those who are lucky enough, or rich enough, to get those "unique" power units/cards are the ones who will dominate the games they play, BECAUSE of those powerful uniques.

Woo is perfect because, as a promo figure, he's imperfect. (short-range enhancement aura, expensive, etc...) As Revdyer pointed out, Woo's not a consistent winner. He's hard to use. He has his moments of glory, but he certainly won't be premiered at any Tourneys in the near future.

Good job HS Design Team. Woo is everything we should expect from a Promo fig.

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units