Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old September 18th, 2017, 10:23 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I stayed up later than I had planned last night because I started watching The Accountant that I had recorded during a free HBO weekend. I really enjoyed this movie a lot. Different than I had expected for sure and it was neat seeing these different and unique storylines.
I loved the accountant, I watched it on my amazon instant video account. I also really liked Logan. I wasn't aware it was out on dvd yet.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 18th, 2017, 05:13 PM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

Logan is still my favorite film of the year and I really love the black and white noir version that is included on the Blu-Ray.

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old October 7th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Watching the original Blade Runner.

Plan on going to see the new one at the theater tomorrow.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 7th, 2017, 09:42 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Hope you enjoy it Hahma - I caught a marathon double feature of the original and the new sequel last night with some friends. I was never much of a fan of the original, but seeing it on the big screen for the first time definitely helped me reevaluate it some. I'm a big fan of Denis Villeneuve, the sequel's director, and I think the sequel is a very worthy followup, especially since these kinds of long-delayed sequels rarely turn out well.
Old October 8th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I came home from practice on Friday evening and my wife and daughter were watching the Captain Underpants movie. It was my first exposure to anything Captain Underpants. I was pleasantly surprised. Sure it's juvenile often potty humor, but it has some nice nods to the adults in the room. I would actually watch it again.

My wife also brought home Wonder Woman. I was wondering how much of the praise was mostly due to the shortcomings in the recent DC offerings and/or the fact that it is the first female led superhero movie of the current generation of superhero movies. I think it was a healthy dose of both. It was good, but not great. I enjoyed it, but there were flaws. The slow motion was overplayed to death. I think it also hurt that there were a fair amount of story beats that were very reminiscent of Captain America, just with WWI instead. That said it is easily the best DC movie I have seen since The Dark Knight.
Old October 8th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Gal Gadot hosted SNL. Pretty good.
Old October 8th, 2017, 04:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
My wife also brought home Wonder Woman. I was wondering how much of the praise was mostly due to the shortcomings in the recent DC offerings and/or the fact that it is the first female led superhero movie of the current generation of superhero movies. I think it was a healthy dose of both. It was good, but not great. I enjoyed it, but there were flaws. The slow motion was overplayed to death. I think it also hurt that there were a fair amount of story beats that were very reminiscent of Captain America, just with WWI instead. That said it is easily the best DC movie I have seen since The Dark Knight.
I think you are spot on here. I enjoyed the movie but if it were in the MCU it would have been considered middle of the pack. I'd put it somewhere around the first Thor movie.
Old October 8th, 2017, 06:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:

Hope you enjoy it Hahma - I caught a marathon double feature of the original and the new sequel last night with some friends. I was never much of a fan of the original, but seeing it on the big screen for the first time definitely helped me reevaluate it some. I'm a big fan of Denis Villeneuve, the sequel's director, and I think the sequel is a very worthy followup, especially since these kinds of long-delayed sequels rarely turn out well.
Hey Sherman Davies, I actually did enjoy it a good bit, though I don't think it will do well in theaters. It doesn't seem like it will draw the younger crowd, and actually, most of the not so many in the theater at the 11am show were older. These movies aren't for everyone, as they are slower paced, with plenty of scenes where there's nothing outwardly going on. Those scenes are ones that I enjoy because you get to absorb certain feelings, emotions and atmosphere, without being hit over the head by it.

Anyway, I thought this was a good sequel, as it makes sense in so many ways. It was also cool to see a sequel 30+ years after the original and still have some of the same actors in it. It was also cool to see David Bautista outside of playing Drax on GotG, as well as seeing Lennie James in it (Morgan from The Walking Dead).

Old October 8th, 2017, 06:51 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Glad you liked it, Hahma. Like I said, I thought it was an excellent sequel, all things considered. I liked that the movie managed to preserve some of the ambiguity over the "Is Deckard a replicant" question while still having a stance, and I loved the character of Joi - she and the technology she represented seemed like exactly the sort of thing Philip K. Dick would be writing about if he were alive today.

I agree that this movie will likely do poorly in theaters. I'm glad the movie was made, but the studio was nuts to spend that much money on a sequel to a 35-year old cult film.
Old October 8th, 2017, 11:26 PM

I want to see Blade Runner 2049 as I was impressed with Arrival but haven't seen Blade Runner because I don't know what version to watch.

Vince Lombardi
Old October 8th, 2017, 11:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post
I want to see Blade Runner 2049 as I was impressed with Arrival but haven't seen Blade Runner because I don't know what version to watch.
I had rented the director's cut of Bladerunner, as that was the only one available at my local video store. I heard the final cut version released later was good too. That said, you should be fine with either one of those as a primer for BR2049. Keep in mind, Bladerunner came out in '82, so it's got some age to it, but at the time, it was pretty groundbreaking.

Be prepared for some scenes where it seems you are expected feel and absorb things without it being said.

I happen to like both movies a good bit. They are different than most, and I like that.

Old October 8th, 2017, 11:40 PM

I don't mind old movies at all. I have a large collection of Criterion Blurays with the oldest one being Charlie Chaplin's the Kid from 1919. I'll try to track down a copy of Blade Runner in the next couple of days and most likely do a double feature of Blade Runner 2049 and the new Jackie Chan movie next weekend.

Vince Lombardi

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies