Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:00 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden of Valhalla View Post
I've used this exact team atleast ten times and i've only lost ONCE with it. It covers just about any enemy that you would encounter on nearly any map made.
1. major q 10 ---------- 150
2. tandros kreel -------- 120
3. raelin ---------------- 80
4.(2x) phantom knights - 140
5. isamu ---------------- 10
total 500

Extremely deadly and efficient.
That army does sound tough, but that isn't how this thread works. I suggest you read the OP on the first page. I'd imagine a durable melee force like Minions/Knights/Ashra with a strong ranged SA such as Kaemon or the AE would give it a challenge. A heavy ranged army of Valiant 4th Mass or Stingers with A ranged special for the Phantoms could take it too. But, for my actual counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
330 Minions of Utgar x3
450 Torin
500 Marro Warriors
500pts/15hex

240 Death Knights x4, their soul weapons will cut down the high defense of the minions.
130 Skull Demon x2, these Frightening Demons will boost the Death Knights' attack to 3 and reduce the minions to only one attack.
100 Dumutef Guard x4, these guys are immune to battle axe and a speedy enough to cut down the Marro Warriors
030 Air Elemental, strengthened against Minions and could catch a perched Marro.
500/19

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old August 1st, 2012, 08:33 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
240 Death Knights x4, their soul weapons will cut down the high defense of the minions.
130 Skull Demon x2, these Frightening Demons will boost the Death Knights' attack to 3 and reduce the minions to only one attack.
100 Dumutef Guard x4, these guys are immune to battle axe and a speedy enough to cut down the Marro Warriors
030 Air Elemental, strengthened against Minions and could catch a perched Marro.
500/19
Let's try:

185 Zelrig
465 The Einar Imperium x2
495 Gulity McCreech
495pts/9hex

I have no idea how this army would actually play as I have none of the figures. However, after seeing the your army and thinking for a second I thought the way to take out the SD's and DK's would be a ranged special...Zelrig fits the hole perfectly. Now for the Air Elemental and the Guards...once the SD's and DK's are cleared (for the most part) the Imperium should be able to land next to the Guards...one at each, and with Double Attack and the Guards only having one life, be able to easily clear them out. Gulity's just in their for the theme but may be able to take out the Air Elemental or any remaining DK's or Guards.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:36 AM

Porkachu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
185 Zelrig
495 Gulity McCreech
495pts/9hex
Ulginesh
Chardris
Arkmer
Johrdawn
Emiroon
Kyntela Gwyn
Otonashi
500/7

It seems a bit unwieldy, but hear me out:
Zelrig has no one to threaten in this game, and I can attack him twice per turn with 5 attack (chardris/arkmer). The Imperium are slightly harder to take out, but I can kill two per turn, so that's something. And if they make the mistake of grouping together, Johrdawn hurls fire at them and I've probably got three in a turn. Guilty is the easiest part; I either pull a stunt with emiroon, or just send Ulginesh in after him.
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:09 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkachu View Post
Quote:
185 Zelrig
495 Gulity McCreech
495pts/9hex
Ulginesh
Chardris
Arkmer
Johrdawn
Emiroon
Kyntela Gwyn
Otonashi
500/7

It seems a bit unwieldy, but hear me out:
Zelrig has no one to threaten in this game, and I can attack him twice per turn with 5 attack (chardris/arkmer). The Imperium are slightly harder to take out, but I can kill two per turn, so that's something. And if they make the mistake of grouping together, Johrdawn hurls fire at them and I've probably got three in a turn. Guilty is the easiest part; I either pull a stunt with emiroon, or just send Ulginesh in after him.
Oh, I dunno about this one. The elf wizard pod is prime for explosion attacks, whether the defenders are losing defense dice or not, so Zelrig can do some damage. If the Imperium can strike first, the elves could be in some real trouble. Really, Emirroon and Ulginesh are are the keys to the elf army, so they'd have to be very carefully protected else the Imperium would shred them at the earliest opportunity.

Anyway, I like the elf wizard army, so back to the counter-drafting game...

Protectors of Ullar x4 440
Zetacron 500 / 14

The kyrie move very slowly, but so does a large pod - even with elven summoning spells. My squads should have at least a full round to take attack positions outside the elves range. Zetacron outranges his opponents, and a good attack roll can mean curtains for a poor, defending elf. Of course, if I lose too many Protectors before dropping Em and Ulgy, this could backfire entirely!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Protectors of Ullar x4 440
Zetacron 500 / 14
Ranged normal attacks eh...I went with this one a bit earlier but it fits the bill again here:

330 Minions of Utgar x3
450 Torin
500 Marro Warriors
500pts/15hex

The Protectors can only attack/kill one Minion at a time so Combined Arbalest doesn't work. Unless they attack Torin, but either way they risk being killed by Torin's Evil Eye Protection. But if they engage, the Protectors will be easily diced down by the Minions axes. The Marro Warriors just fit the Cleanup/50pt role.

EDIT: I swear if anyone says:

DK's x4
Skull Demon x2
Dumetef Guard x4
Air Elemental

I'm gonna be

EDIT 2: To ensure no one does I'll counter my own army:

200 Legos x4
300 Marcus
390 NeGokSa
500 Airborne
500/24

If the Ariborne come in first round they can land on some height on their side of the map. Then you can send out the Lego's/NGS to leash the Minions/Torin. Once the Minions/Torin are tied up unadjacent to each other the Ae can fire down on the Minions with 4 attack while NGS and Torin fight. The Warriors can be taken down by the AE or the Legos.

Last edited by Sheep; August 4th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old August 15th, 2012, 07:30 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

[From my blog . . . ]

The Map is set up in the Living Room.

The night is dark and stormy.

A perfect night for a little 'scape. . . But . . .

chas is unavailable! What to do . . . What to do . . . What to do? I know! Just for fun, let's play the Trees version of "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge!

For the purposes of this game, imagine that you and your opponent will be entering from 24-hex Start Zones (not pictured) attached to the Map at the Northern and Southern corners (to the nine Sand hexes). Also imagine 2 permanent Summonimg Glyphs, one 3 hexes towards the center from the Custom Tree (on the lower Dungeon plateau) and the other on the Road centered between the Trees (and adjacent to the Water (base of a cross)) five hexes from the center of the Battlemented end of the Map. Summoning Glyphs summon Dragons, which appear - one anywhere adjacent to the Custom Tree, and the other on the 2 Road hexes just above (one adjacent to) the other Summoning Glyph. When a player's unit is on such a Glyph at the end of his/her turn, a random Dragon (from among Moltenclaw, Mimring and Othkurik) is Summoned (if one does not already exist for that Glyph), and is immediately placed on the Map, appearing as aforesaid. At the end of his/her turn, he takes possession of the card of the newly Summoned Dragon, or the previously Summoned Dragon for that Glyph, and takes a turn with that Dragon. Thereafter, the Dragon remains in the same hands or changes possession depending which player has a unit on it's Glyph. If no player has a unit on it's Glyph, it does not move or attack. Dragons may be wounded, killed and/or destroyed, as normal.

750 points of Classic and/or C3V/SoV, no more than 3 of any Common Squad, and no Marvel. 10 Round Time Limit. Kill 'em All.

Have at it, Gentlemen!
Old August 15th, 2012, 08:16 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

[From my blog . . . ]

chas is unavailable! What to do . . . What to do . . . What to do? I know! Just for fun, let's play the Trees version of "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge!

For the purposes of this game, imagine that you and your opponent will be entering from 24-hex Start Zones (not pictured) attached to the Map at the Northern and Southern corners (to the nine Sand hexes). Also imagine 2 permanent Summonimg Glyphs, one 3 hexes towards the center from the Custom Tree (on the lower Dungeon plateau) and the other on the Road centered between the Trees (and adjacent to the Water (base of a cross)) five hexes from the center of the Battlemented end of the Map. Summoning Glyphs summon Dragons, which appear - one anywhere adjacent to the Custom Tree, and the other on the 2 Road hexes just above (one adjacent to) the other Summoning Glyph. When a player's unit is on such a Glyph at the end of his/her turn, a random Dragon (from among Moltenclaw, Mimring and Othkurik) is Summoned (if one does not already exist for that Glyph), and is immediately placed on the Map, appearing as aforesaid. At the end of his/her turn, he takes possession of the card of the newly Summoned Dragon, or the previously Summoned Dragon for that Glyph, and takes a turn with that Dragon. Thereafter, the Dragon remains in the same hands or changes possession depending which player has a unit on it's Glyph. If no player has a unit on it's Glyph, it does not move or attack. Dragons may be wounded, killed and/or destroyed, as normal.

750 points of Classic and/or C3V/SoV, no more than 3 of any Common Squad, and no Marvel. 10 Round Time Limit. Kill 'em All.

Have at it, Gentlemen!
kyntela gwyn. I don't need the other 730 points.

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:42 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:

200 Legos x4
300 Marcus
390 NeGokSa
500 Airborne
500/24
I like this army against yours.

240 Fen Hydra x2
100 Krav Maga Agents
160 Deathreavers x4
500 points 23 spaces

Rats screen, keeping the Legionnaires off the Hydras. Hydras reach over the screen and eat the Romans. Kravs scatter to provide support and grab height to help bring down Ne-Gok-Sa.

When the AE drop, Rats swarm and allow the Krav to pick them off.
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:55 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
240 Fen Hydra x2
100 Krav Maga Agents
160 Deathreavers x4
500 points 23 spaces

Rats screen, keeping the Legionnaires off the Hydras. Hydras reach over the screen and eat the Romans. Kravs scatter to provide support and grab height to help bring down Ne-Gok-Sa.

When the AE drop, Rats swarm and allow the Krav to pick them off.
Deathreaver screen? How original!

180 Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
150 Goblin Cutters x3
080 Kumiko
050 Sahaugin Raider x2
040 Theracus
500 Points/20 Spaces

If the Hydras approach first, the Vulcanmechs will clear out the Deathreaver screen and weaken/destroy the Hydras. Preferably, the damage will be spread out between the two Hydras. Even without clearing the rat screen, the two units will both function at one space apart. Kumiko plays mid-game clean-up as she targets the remaining deathreavers. The Goblin Cutters then come in to Mob Attack the Hydras; Scurry allows them to avoid Reach and sneak up on the Krav. Sahuagin Raiders finish off any remaining Hydras or Theracus can take out a last Krav or two, if it goes well. If the Krav strike early, the Goblin Cutters will too; any rat screens can be Scurried around while Kumiko Phantom Walks through.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat

Last edited by Ace_of_Spades; August 16th, 2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ?
Old August 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post

Deathreaver screen? How original!

150 Goblin Cutters x4
080 Kumiko
050 Sahaugin Raider x2
040 Theracus
500 Points/24 Spaces
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old August 16th, 2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
150 Goblin Cutters x3
080 Kumiko
050 Sahaugin Raider x2
040 Theracus
500 Points/24 Spaces
Who Needs A Screen...Legoboy?
180 Q9
260 Raelin (RotV)
500 Stingers x4
500pts/15hex

Q9 for Goblins.
Stingers for Heroes/Borgs.
Old August 16th, 2012, 03:14 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

[From my blog . . . ]

Have at it, Gentlemen!
kyntela gwyn. I don't need the other 730 points.

Well met!

Given the nature of the Map, this army, that I had considered for the Gang of Four's last gathering, would be intriguing.

Black Elarians
210 Drow x 3
130 Kee-Mo-Shi
120 Nakitas
90 Myrddin
60 Elaria
10 Isamu
750, 16 spaces

That being said, Cheezy, if the scenario is too difficult for you to build am army to, you just had to say so!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion