Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 26th, 2010, 10:34 AM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Units that seem to do better in Realscape then Theorysca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post

As for the Deathstalkers, ironically, they are a good Reaver counter. The defending figure can't roll defense dice if mauled, so no scatter.

Your thoughts on this are appreciated.
I like the Deathsalkers. I haven't used them enough to know if they're better in realScape than theoryScape, but I'm pretty sure they're not a good Reaver counter. I'm not a math-whiz like some guys on here, but my experience is telling me it's really difficult to roll 3 skulls.

Though, you do make me want to take Erevan out for a spin again. Of course, dok, I will be rolling 4 dice (and the occasional two first, when circumstances beg me to chance it).
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:37 AM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

I have had Theracus save the day for me in unexpected ways more than once. My opponent disregarded him(why wouldn't he) and after his brunak had stripped my army down to just Theracus, the horse-bird swooped in and with height put the last 2 wounds on brunak for the win.
In another game my opponent had his airborne elite perched on an elevated bridge and I flew Theracus up carrying Kaemon Awa. The airborne destroyed Kaemon but somehow couldn't handle the hoof talons of mighty Theracus. He destroyed 3 of the 4 airborne(Kaemon had killed one) and sealed the victory. I know that Theracus isn't really considered a bad unit, but I have had success with him on offense and defense, which seemingly
shouldn't happen.

CORVUS
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awasome View Post
Quote:

As for the Deathstalkers, ironically, they are a good Reaver counter. The defending figure can't roll defense dice if mauled, so no scatter.

Your thoughts on this are appreciated.
I like the Deathsalkers. I haven't used them enough to know if they're better in realScape than theoryScape, but I'm pretty sure they're not a good Reaver counter. I'm not a math-whiz like some guys on here, but my experience is telling me it's really difficult to roll 3 skulls.
True, the robopups actually hate their small rodent brethren. a single squad of Rats can tie up a couple of squads of Stalkers for more than a round. The 12.5% chance at Maul just isn't enough. Of course, Maul isn't the reason to use the Deathstalkers anyway. Having a fast unit that can get height and thus throw four attack dice and six defense dice while simultaneously having the large and soulborg immunities is the reason to use Deathstalkers. Having the occasional Maul kick in, like the occasional allskulls for Erevan, is just a nice bonus.

~Aldin, cybernetically

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:44 AM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

The other day we had a Triple Threat match. 750 points. I had Gladiators (3 heros CGx4) and Feral Troll vs Samurais (Kato, Kaemon,Ashigaru, Kozukes and a custom hero and squad) vs Elementals (Kurrok, 2 each of every elemental and Syvarris)
I over extended myself and my gladiators did major damage but got wiped out and was left with Troll and somehow he managed to stay in there for 3 rounds and finish off about 265 pts before he fell too. (end match ICE E., air and earth vs Isamu. Isamu took out Icy but eventual fell to the EE)

The Feral Troll really surprised me with how well he did as clean-up.
Also the Water Elemental was my sons favorite Elemental.

Last edited by wolfeman1968; August 26th, 2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lately, I have been surprised with the Black Wyrmlings. Their special attack ignores defense bonuses and they can kill Deathreavers without letting them scatter.

When I started playing this game, I was unstoppable with Agent Carr. I think it is time to start playing him again.
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For me, I always find that the Drudge, especially when they are backed by a ok Hivelord, can really hurt any army early in the game. I have an army that I love to play.

x7 Drudge-350
Wo-Sa-Ga-485

On any type of swamp map, I can destroy anything I come up against. I would never play this in a competitive tournament, but in for fun, this is my favorite army.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:55 PM

tshill12 Woo who?

The freakin' Rechets! I don't think killometer has ever had an attack roll with them where he didn't roll all skulls, even with height counting against him. It's ridiculous. Plus having such a huge threat range before they are placed on the board (Iskra's initial move + the placement range + their move =18 spaces) makes for a great initial assassination. There's no where (or time) to hide raelin or any other key medium figure. Every time I see he's fielding them I panic.

Last edited by tshill12; August 26th, 2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: gramatical error
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Erevan Sunshadow is under-rated. How I use him, I use his special with an attack of two
Don't. Really, just don't.
But that still falls in the realm of theoryscape.
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:29 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I really think Su-Bak-Na is hightly underrated. I've had some very successful armies using not only Stingers, but Drones and Marrden Hounds, as well. He's done well for me even when teamed with Deathwalkers.

I also think the Kozuke Samurai are underrated, too. The ability to strike first is something that I think is generally undervalued. Venocs and Spiders are great for the same reason-- if they're teamed with the Venoc Warlord, they almost always get to control when and where the battle starts.
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:38 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

SuBakNa-I knew I was forgetting one! I like him with Stingers and Hounds, but I love him with Dividers! The +1 boost nets you an extra divide or two per game, which can be enough to turn the tide. Plus he's great as an assassin unit when your opponent expects him to just be cheerleader/cleanup.
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

I would have to say that the Iron Golem was much better than I though in TheoryScape, I though he would be too slow and go down quickly, but having 2-3 of these is a great number and I always have 1-2 left at the end of the game.

Another unit for me is Isamu, I know you guys are thinking "been there, done that. He always earns his points" BUT I find Isamu to be amazing. I was once playing a steamroller army, and was down to my lone Isamu, well my opponent forgot Isamu had Phantom Walk and I went straight up to Sparticus and killed him with a 10 point figure!

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units