Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #97  
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Fencerjared's Avatar
Fencerjared Fencerjared is offline
 
Join Date: May 15, 2007
Location: USA - TX - Austin
Posts: 1,432
Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by REGULUS View Post
However, unproductive comments like "Grow a pair" (Mad_Wookie) are not appreciated. Voicing one's opinion, especially an unpopular opinion, show much more bravery and integrity than miserably following the majority. I would rather be neg-repped into oblivion than agree for the sake of agreeing. If you feel that giving me a red mark is going to make it change feel free if it makes you feel better. I am resolute in my remarks and stand by them.

What does hurt is being "ignored" by IAmBatman. We have had several great conversations about customs and I look to you as a mentor of sorts in that field. Ignoring me and regarding my personal opinion as "stupid" because we do not agree just shows that you are not worthy of talking to anyway.

Thank you.
Nowhere did he say "grow a pair."

He said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Hey, don't forget your ball.
Notice the lack of plurals? This was said in the sense: "You guys aren't playing fair, I'm taking my ball and going home." Then, when you got all butthurt because you misread his comment, he did kind of call you a sissy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Don't post it in public if you can't handle someone calling you out on it.
So really, grow a pair.

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:38 AM
ranoobu's Avatar
ranoobu ranoobu is offline
 
Join Date: March 11, 2010
Location: USA - CA
Posts: 314
ranoobu is surprisingly tart
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Regulus,

Just for the record, Wookie wasn't referring to those type of balls. I think he was referring to the kid who takes home the only basket/base/soccer ball that all the other kids can play with and the rest of the kids can't play. I think he was saying you're that kind of kid lol... that was my interpretation.

But I bet the Wookie probably likes your interpretation better or forgot the S on his ball.. either way.. just throwing it out there.

As far as the new bases, I was meh about them when I first saw them. Sure.. they MIGHT make the consistency for ME suck.. but I'm going to hold judgment on that until I get my hands on the new bases and try it out for myself.

Regardless of how I feel about the bases, I won't stop buying HS. Sooner or later, I'll accept that the big and small bases are just part of HS.

Life is seriously too short to be angry sad mad over bases. The creativity of the terrain/figure/abilities is the true foundation of the game.. not the plastic foundation of each figure.

Edit: 'd while writing me short essay

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:45 AM
drewcula drewcula is offline
 
Join Date: May 11, 2006
Location: DC - Washington
Posts: 247
drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Slippery slope indeed. IMO, the new bases are one more step down the hill. FYI - When WOTC releases their Ravenloft boardgame this August, the minis are not only recycled DnD, they're unpainted!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:51 AM
CanScape CanScape is offline
 
Join Date: September 7, 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 417
CanScape has disabled reputation
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

So...a couple things.

I think with all those extra RotV figs, you can 'carve out' the inner part of the older, bigger bases, and simply superglue the new figure inside. I will definitely try that out; you won't have to disfigure the paper on the new figure at all. Just rough cut out the legs, and then carefully XActo out the rest till it's a smooth ring; glue and you're done. They're the same height, right?

Also....I'm friggin' tired of the saying, "The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease!"....seriously. It holds NO relevance to any situation, ever. Lol...I mean, when you hear somebody whining and complaining, that's not because they are an integral part of a team which, if one fails, the whole team is immobilized. Lol. No, people use that saying to justify WHINING and COMPLAINING. I've seen this at my workplace too many dang times. Fixing a wheel which is broken is a necessity; complacing a whining complainer is simply ****-poor leadership and should never happen, IMO.

You might as well just change the saying to what it TRULY means: "Whine, ****, moan and complain until someone caves and gives you what you want." There, that's better.

By the way, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, seriously. Rant over.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Demerean's Avatar
Demerean Demerean is offline
 
Join Date: August 14, 2009
Location: USA - IN - Evansville
Posts: 392
Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcula View Post
Slippery slope indeed. IMO, the new bases are one more step down the hill. FYI - When WOTC releases their Ravenloft boardgame this August, the minis are not only recycled DnD, they're unpainted!
On this. The Ravenloft Board game is similar to other board games of the type. Descent being one that jumps to mind. The figures are never painted. Usually the different colors show the strength of the mini. In descent for example, the red minis are master versions of the monsters and the tan ones are normal.

I think the base change is fine. But then again I actually like WotC and their Idea for inclusion of D&D into 'Classic' scape. And yes, they are the same game.



I like Facts.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:33 AM
500points 500points is offline
 
Join Date: April 19, 2008
Location: You will never know!
Posts: 57
500points Woo who?
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

So guys, what happened to the polite mature board that I left here half a year ago? I get that everyone is put off by the new bases (like me) or put off by the people mad about the bases but can't we be civil about it?

< Click me Please
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:36 AM
TOG's Avatar
TOG TOG is offline
 
Join Date: January 20, 2007
Location: MO - KC Metro - Evil Admin Hangout
Posts: 977
Images: 7
TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
... And yes, they are the same game.
I disagree. DnD is an 'adventure', while 'Scape is a 'battle'.

I'm good with the base change though, for both storage and placement reasons. Now if only they could downsize Nilf's butt...
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Demerean's Avatar
Demerean Demerean is offline
 
Join Date: August 14, 2009
Location: USA - IN - Evansville
Posts: 392
Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
... And yes, they are the same game.
I disagree. Dnd is an 'adventure', while 'Scape is a 'battle'.

I'm good with the base change though, for both storag and placement reasons. Now if only they could downsize Nilf's butt...
The D&D scenarios are different, but the figures sure do work with Battles. Unless you are talking about actual D&D, in which case, I was not comparing the P&P game to Heroscape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500points View Post
So guys, what happened to the polite mature board that I left here half a year ago? I get that everyone is put off by the new bases (like me) or put off by the people mad about the bases but can't we be civil about it?
Unfortunately this is now the norm on this forum. People can't let the D&D thing go. It's like someone busted into their home and beat them up and spray painted the words Dungeons and Dragons all over the place.

And also WotC stole their bike.



I like Facts.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:43 AM
tcglkn's Avatar
tcglkn tcglkn is offline
Tickle Pickle
 
Join Date: August 17, 2009
Location: USA - VA
Posts: 21,187
Images: 11
Blog Entries: 7
tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

I for one think the changes in the bases are cool. I think it will allow for better strategic placement of figures. This is hardly a bad thing.

My only question is why they didn't remove the taper from the double based figures and have at least internal wave consistency?

I love this new Wave. I just want to thank the designers for all their hard work. I know it seems like we at 'scapers.com are ungrateful, but a majority of us are just glad to have new scape. Of course the negative people are always the loudest. Good job on a well designed wave.

- tcglkn, humbly

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:47 AM
REGULUS's Avatar
REGULUS REGULUS is offline
What is Sarcasm?
 
Join Date: August 18, 2006
Location: PA - Central
Posts: 138
REGULUS is surprisingly tart
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by REGULUS View Post
However, unproductive comments like "Grow a pair" (Mad_Wookie) are not appreciated. Voicing one's opinion, especially an unpopular opinion, show much more bravery and integrity than miserably following the majority. I would rather be neg-repped into oblivion than agree for the sake of agreeing. If you feel that giving me a red mark is going to make it change feel free if it makes you feel better. I am resolute in my remarks and stand by them.

What does hurt is being "ignored" by IAmBatman. We have had several great conversations about customs and I look to you as a mentor of sorts in that field. Ignoring me and regarding my personal opinion as "stupid" because we do not agree just shows that you are not worthy of talking to anyway.

Thank you.
Nowhere did he say "grow a pair."

He said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Hey, don't forget your ball.
Notice the lack of plurals? This was said in the sense: "You guys aren't playing fair, I'm taking my ball and going home." Then, when you got all butthurt because you misread his comment, he did kind of call you a sissy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Don't post it in public if you can't handle someone calling you out on it.
So really, grow a pair.
For the record, I am not referring to his post but to the neg rep he left me which does indeed say "grow a pair."

I want my FANTASTIC FOUR!!!
...and Skrulls
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Demerean's Avatar
Demerean Demerean is offline
 
Join Date: August 14, 2009
Location: USA - IN - Evansville
Posts: 392
Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by REGULUS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by REGULUS View Post
However, unproductive comments like "Grow a pair" (Mad_Wookie) are not appreciated. Voicing one's opinion, especially an unpopular opinion, show much more bravery and integrity than miserably following the majority. I would rather be neg-repped into oblivion than agree for the sake of agreeing. If you feel that giving me a red mark is going to make it change feel free if it makes you feel better. I am resolute in my remarks and stand by them.

What does hurt is being "ignored" by IAmBatman. We have had several great conversations about customs and I look to you as a mentor of sorts in that field. Ignoring me and regarding my personal opinion as "stupid" because we do not agree just shows that you are not worthy of talking to anyway.

Thank you.
Nowhere did he say "grow a pair."

He said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Hey, don't forget your ball.
Notice the lack of plurals? This was said in the sense: "You guys aren't playing fair, I'm taking my ball and going home." Then, when you got all butthurt because you misread his comment, he did kind of call you a sissy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Don't post it in public if you can't handle someone calling you out on it.
So really, grow a pair.
For the record, I am not referring to his post but to the neg rep he left me which does indeed say "grow a pair."
Referring to neg rep publicly is traditionally a bad call. Just saying.

I understand being upset, but this usually just leads to adding more fuel for hostility on the forum. Which is why this forum has started to get a little uglier.



I like Facts.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:53 AM
RichardD's Avatar
RichardD RichardD is offline
 
Join Date: May 17, 2006
Posts: 1,746
RichardD has disabled reputation
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500points View Post
So guys, what happened to the polite mature board that I left here half a year ago? I get that everyone is put off by the new bases (like me) or put off by the people mad about the bases but can't we be civil about it?
Good point. I know that I always appreciate being told that I'm being absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel1369 View Post
I think that changing the sizes of the bases is a bit of a dissapointment but not a deal breaker.
Yup, that's how I'd sum it up for me.

There appears to be two schools of thought, plus some extremists. On the one hand there are those saying that it's a positive sign, that WOTC are trying to find new avenues. Well, I beg to differ, and anyone who thinks that WOTC knows much about growing a market needs to read a treatise on the history of Netrunner, but I digress. I can't see that such a change brings anything positive to HS (unlike the decision to use D&D retreads; I'm fine with that, even with the differences in scale or size).

The other competing school of thought is best summed up by Rommel. Th change is disappointing, but we'll carry on buying anyway.

What seems to be missing is anyone really in favour of a change. Reading between the lines of a few posts here and there, it wasn't dreamt up by the design team. So I hold to my original view - it was thought up by a marketing man or a bean-counter, neither of which are best placed to do much more positive in terms of gaming innovation than to trumpet the arrival of a slightly different shaped car in the next edition of Monopoly.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What size army do you use? Sea_Wolf64 Maps & Scenarios 28 November 14th, 2008 05:52 PM
Sizeż Creationist Custom Units & Army Cards 9 February 12th, 2008 08:51 PM
Size of Glyphs? allskulls Custom Units & Army Cards 1 October 5th, 2007 04:00 PM
size comparison? KaimasterJoe Custom Units & Army Cards 3 December 15th, 2006 09:48 AM
Krug Base Size The Last Valkyrie HeroScape General Discussion 5 August 29th, 2006 07:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.