Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 28th, 2023, 12:28 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

unmatched: tales to amaze dropped a few days ago. I love the simplicity of the unmatched engine and this looks like a cool variant.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 28th, 2023, 04:48 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The Last Kingdom just went live, and only costs $55 (plus shipping), for which you get a free pack of card sleeves. There are no Stretch Goals or Add Ons; its a very straightforward offering. I backed it right away. The game looks very good and is also very thematic to the TV show, and is designed by John D. Clair.

I'm now watching the final 5th Season of the TV Series on my new Blue Ray set. The sequel movie is coming out this month.
Hmmmmm, I like Gamelyn Games, and this game looks neat, but also not amazing. I'll probably wait until I can play it with a friend and maybe get it from retail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
unmatched: tales to amaze dropped a few days ago. I love the simplicity of the unmatched engine and this looks like a cool variant.
I'm on the fence about whether to back; the price doesn't look much different than what I'd pay for retail and the kickstarter exclusives don't seem that great, no stretch goals to push for, and it doesn't look like it needs my backing to succeed.

The only thing that makes me second guess is that there are some Unmatched sets that are hard to get a hold of these days, and I can probably get them from the Pledge Manager? But it sounds like the only things they'll have in the Pledge Manager are sets they have for sale on their website.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 28th, 2023, 06:27 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The Last Kingdom just went live, and only costs $55 (plus shipping), for which you get a free pack of card sleeves. There are no Stretch Goals or Add Ons; its a very straightforward offering. I backed it right away. The game looks very good and is also very thematic to the TV show, and is designed by John D. Clair.

I'm now watching the final 5th Season of the TV Series on my new Blue Ray set. The sequel movie is coming out this month.
Hmmmmm, I like Gamelyn Games, and this game looks neat, but also not amazing. I'll probably wait until I can play it with a friend and maybe get it from retail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I'm on the fence about whether to back; the price doesn't look much different than what I'd pay for retail and the kickstarter exclusives don't seem that great, no stretch goals to push for, and it doesn't look like it needs my backing to succeed.

The only thing that makes me second guess is that there are some Unmatched sets that are hard to get a hold of these days, and I can probably get them from the Pledge Manager? But it sounds like the only things they'll have in the Pledge Manager are sets they have for sale on their website.
All fair points. Restoration has been good? About being upfront about stretch goals so the fomo is reduced. I'm happy to support a developer I like at such an early stage and I like have a Kickstarter in the pipe even if it's a year out.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 28th, 2023, 09:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That Kickstarter has no stretch goals. I haven't done any Kickstarters with them but they're pretty well established at this point

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 29th, 2023, 09:25 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

https://gamefound.com/projects/chip-...y-guilds-16435

Almost already at 2 million. CTG is the best board game company currently on the market in my opinion. Too Many Bones is easily in my top 5 games of all time. I was never a huge video gamer but I did play some Skyrim over the years. This looks very good.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 2nd, 2023, 07:49 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

My Backing Update:

The Last Kingdom went offline after successfully funding; they say it will return when the pledge manager reopens for Late Pledges.

Song For War: The Mediterranean Theater did not fund, but the first time designers will reoffer it again.

Bretwalda (Gamefound) is due in the Fall, as is Dune: War For Arrakis.

Just received my Update Kit for The Great Wall, which was offered with the Reprint. It includes a 2.0 Rulebook and 19 redone game cards.

These all have pages on BGG if you want to check them out. Bretwalda and Dune have offering pages still up for Late Backs.
Old May 3rd, 2023, 08:07 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I will probably back Freelancers, by Plaid Hat Games.

Old May 8th, 2023, 03:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Cysmic looks pretty sweet. Have my eye on it.
Old May 8th, 2023, 03:53 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Another update from Sleeping Gods: Distant Skies.
The minis, especially the airplane, look great!

Old June 13th, 2023, 04:24 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Gamelyn just announced that The Last Kingdom will be delivered early in August rather than September. How often does that happen?

Although I missed the Kickstarter, I'll be getting a retail copy of Kingmaker this month. Its the old 70s game revised and modernized, but still true to its original version.
Old June 13th, 2023, 10:20 PM

Firefly The Game 10th Anniversary Edition just funded on Gamefound on its first day many times over what it needed. Its essentially a Big Box of everything that has come out for it, plus a new expansion too!
Old June 13th, 2023, 10:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

New expansion! Will need to check that out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games