Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 18th, 2007, 11:04 AM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
In French, I would have wrote c.q.f.d. (ce qu'il fallait démontrer). I do not know the English equivalent for it. It's used in math after you have made your demonstration.
In English we use the Latin q.e.d. (quod erat demonstrandum).
...or I.r.y.w.m..., "I'm right, you're wrong moron!"

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old June 18th, 2007, 01:17 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntCompute
Quote:
Quote:
In French, I would have wrote c.q.f.d. (ce qu'il fallait démontrer). I do not know the English equivalent for it. It's used in math after you have made your demonstration.
Thank you Revdyer.

...And no DoesntCompute, this is definitly not what I intended to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba
Visualize a narrow mesa-like cliff, one hex wide, 10 hexes tall, and, say, 12 hexes long - like a wall standing in your Monk's way. Along the top stand 12 Minions of Utgar (Height 6), occupying all 12 hexes.

A Monk, starting on Level 1 in front of this wall, wants to Stealth Leap over and land on Level 1 on the other side. We know he could do it if the Minions weren't on top since the "cliff" is only height 10 at the top. But with the Minions there, is the Monk's Leap foiled by the "total" of terrain height + figure height of 16?

If the Monk can leap Braxas, then he can leap this too. If he can't leap Braxas, he can't leap the cliff+Minions...
Very cleaver example Homba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
This is an excellent question and one that has never come up in any game I have ever been involved with. Aranas, I'd say your argument is just as valid as many and maybe moreso when you break it down like that.
Happy to see that my explanation got understood. I think Homba's approach is good. Let the discussion continue for a while in order to send a more precise question that will encompass every aspect of it.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 18th, 2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you Revdyer.

...And no DoesntCompute, this is definitly not what I intended to say.

Aranas
Ach! evidently the humor I intended in my post didn't come through.

Old June 18th, 2007, 05:08 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Ach! evidently the humor I intended in my post didn't come through.
Oh! Ok! Sorry then!

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 18th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
I look foward to the answer too but I would say no. Figures are not allowed to move through ennemy figures. Braxas has a printed height of 13. To high for the monks. End of story.
I agree. Figure, Tree, Ruin, Fortress Wall ... they all have a declared height for the purpose of game mechanics. Braxas is 2 spaces of 13 height, wing tips and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro FAQ
If a Shaolin Monk Stealth Leaps over a 6 level high ruin, would it be able to land 2 levels down on the other side of it?
Yes. The total up or down movement cannot be more than 12 levels above or below the level you started on. You ignore elevations up to 12 levels because the Monk cannot leap higher than that. Wherever you land, it cannot be more than 12 levels above or below the level you started on.

Can a Shaolin Monk Stealth Leap over a 30 level deep canyon if it lands on the same level on the other side?
Yes. The total up or down movement for that leap was 0, so that is fine.

Can a Shaolin Monk Stealth Leap over a 15 level Evergreen tree?
No, you ignore elevations up to 12 levels because the Monk cannot jump higher than that. The Evergreen tree is more than 12 levels high, so you could not leap over it.

Do the Shaolin Monks take falling damage when they stealth leap less than 12 levels down?
No, they do not take falling damage as long as they are Stealth Leaping less than 12 levels down.
The interesting thing about the 15-high Tree is "Are all 4 spaces covered by the tree considered 15 high, including the boulder spaces?" With the Glaciers, they marked each space with a height. With the 15-high tree, it appears the boulders aren't marked with any height (height zero?), and the "15" appears to mark just 2 of the 4 spaces - but because each space is not marked separately it is a bit unclear.
Old June 18th, 2007, 05:47 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Can a Shaolin Monk Stealth Leap over a 30 level deep canyon if it lands on the same level on the other side?

No, you ignore elevations up to 12 levels because the Monk cannot jump higher than that. The Evergreen tree is more than 12 levels high, so you could not leap over it.
Don't these two contradict each other. This just made me more confused.

Old June 18th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Quote:

Yes. This does seem to contradict. I use the effect of gravity to help with this one. From a Monk's starting point, going up is limited to 12, period. Going down is unlimited but if you exceed 12, you take damage.

edit: Actually, what I said didn't really clear the contradiction. When leaping over a canyon the Monk is not moving down at all.
Old June 18th, 2007, 05:57 PM

I can jump over a narrow 10' deep hole but I would have difficulty jumping over a 10' high wall even if the horizontal distance is the same.

Old June 18th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
These guys could use an FAQ update for sure. I have never been pleased with those contradictions and have always played it that the Monks my not end their move more than 12 levels below their starting space and that they may neither end their move more than 12 levels above thier starting space and cannot traverse obstacles higher than 12 levels.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 18th, 2007, 07:25 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Quote:

Yes. This does seem to contradict. I use the effect of gravity to help with this one. From a Monk's starting point, going up is limited to 12, period. Going down is unlimited but if you exceed 12, you take damage.
Think of it in the spirit of the game. In real life, a monk would be able to leap over a chasem, but could not hop through a tree.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old June 18th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
How soon can we get this one submitted. I'd like an answer on this ASAP!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I don't think that's an inconsistency, just maybe not worded so great. Sargent Drake has it spot on I think.

Imagine if you can only jump 4 feet high. That keeps you from jumping over a 5 foot high box, but doesn't keep you from jumping OVER a 20/50/100 foot high cliff (as long as the opening to the chasm is pretty thin).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's