Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:18 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Go back a page!
Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:25 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
...refers to the section "A Round of Play" subsection "On Your Turn - Action #2 Move figure(s) on the Army Card". The special ability does not activate simply because they are moved.
This sounds reasonable but it doesn't say "this ability only takes effect on Brunak's turn." Again, another reasonable way to have circumvented miscomprehension.

Quote:
• The term place on the above cards' special ability refers to the figure that has been carried. The carried figure has already 'moved' with Brunak/Theracus so it may only be placed. A carried figure is not left behind until you get to your destination and then moved. A carried figure is brought with you and placed.
I agree with this 100%.

Quote:
• Inversely, with the following special ability the figure is being moved, not placed as it was never carried.
I think carried has nothing to do with it. Does teleportation not place an item in a new position. Moving constitutes a continuous motion and I would expect that a summoning wouldn't require kinetic expulsion of the figure summoned. I still believe that the better word would have been place and not move. But thank you for giving argument.

Quote:
Perhaps the next version of the rules should state Some reading comprehension is required to be able to play this game.
I know you mean this as humor and indeed it makes me grin but an insult could easily be read into this. I would rather keep things nice. Besides, the game is supposed to be able to be played by 8 year olds. I don't think a reading comprehension level much above that should be necessary.

Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:25 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
darn it.

oh wait. Brunak is a doublespace figure. as long as his tail doesn't get in the way i can just flip him around for a movement of 1 (according to the FAQ). whew. problem solved.
Technically, I think that would circumnavigate the rules. Now, why would you do this?
Brunak standing on Molten Lava hexes of a lava flow can act as a bridge.

let's say there are two Blade Gruts adjacent to Brunak on one side of a Molten lava flow. if i move Brunak away from both Gruts (after choosing one to carry) it will take Brunak 3 activations to carry both because he would use one activation to move back to the second Grut. but, if he can stay adjacent to the second after carrying the first, then he can carry both with only 2 activations.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:30 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The way it is worded supports TheRealQ's assumption:

"If you roll a 9-20, MOVE the chosen figure to any space adjacent to Saylind. "

"After you MOVE Brunak, place the chosen figure adjacent to Brunak."

Technically if they did not intend him to be allowed to carry they should have said "Summon the chosen target adjacent to Saylind" This way a clear demarcation would exist between being summoned and moved

As it is written the summon qualifies as a MOVE and since it qualifies as a MOVE then carry would kick in

**I'm sure Hasbro will respond that this is not allowed to happen but grammatically and technically both should be allowed to be moved
Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:36 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Sorry guys, I have to get ready for work. Please continue without me. I look forward to everyone's comments when I return. Thank you for your participation.

Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:36 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
I am not moved by the current arguments. I think the choice of words was intentional.

Until I see something official, I will play the cards as written.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:38 AM
ultradoug

Code:
Carry
Before moving Brunak, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Brunak.  After you move Brunak, place the chosen figure adjacent to Brunak.
Code:
Spear of Summoning
After moving and before attacking, choose any figure you control on the battlefield, then roll the 20-sided die.  If you roll a 1-8, nothing happens.  If you roll a 9-20, move the chosen figure to any space adjacent to Saylind.  If the summoned figure is engaged, the figure does not receive any leaving engagement attacks.
Actavation 1:

Saylind.
I choose Brunak.
Because this is "before" Brunak has moved I (somehow) actavate Brunaks ablity, since I have not moved Brunak. (I dont even have any order marker on Brunak, but he did not move this round, so I'm fine)
Then I choose that unit. I summon Brunak.
His ablity that was somehow trigered without him being actavated alows me to also move "x" person.

-----------------------------

Now, using this logic, if I move Brunak at any point before I actavte Saylind I can no longer do this, since by defention this would be "after" moving him? So I can only do this before he moves, and never after, in fact, lets just take that one step futher, on Brunaks ablity it never says that I can use this ablity "after" I move him, only before, so after I move Brunak I can never ever use this ablity again.

--------------------------------
Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:57 AM
Master Custom Creator

That is the most cogent UD post ever.

However, anytime Brunak is about to be moved is before he is going to be moved.

You note that the designers specifically do not let (assuming that there wasn't a size issue) a carry figure trigger the ability of another carry figure by using the term place instead of move.

Awaiting Official word.

Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:02 AM
ultradoug

I'm going to say that the offical word will be that Saylind does not triger this ablity because doing so defys the laws of logic as I understand it.

Code:
Brunak is about to be moved is before he is going to be moved
For some reasion this reminds me of Gremilins 2 when they are explaining the rulls of the Gremilin "Dont feed them after midnight." Then the guard is like, "Its always midnight somewhere, what if you are crossing a time zone and they eat..." and he's pointing out the flaws of the rulls, then he gets attacked by a Gremilin. I'm pretty sure he is dead.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:07 AM
Master Custom Creator

I do agree that they may errata Saylid's card....

Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:23 AM
ultradoug

to say some other word then "Moved" just say "place the figure." Dont nead to say move. but then people will be like, "Can't move the figure how do you place it duhhhh.."
Old June 3rd, 2006, 06:28 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Absolutely and positively not, If you want to know where I got this info it is from my little book of common sense over here in the corner of this room.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's