Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old July 7th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: HS Heroes and DnD Party Roles-building a dungeon army

Mika Connour-Easy. Striker. She has very high damage in limited circumstances, potential for excellent mobility, and a special way to boost her Defense.

Heirloom-Controller. He has an area attack (that doesn't affect friendlies!) and moderate battlefield contol with his ability to move Treasure Glyphs.

Rhogar Dragonspine-Healing=Leader.

Kurrok the Elementalist-Summoning+Turn Replacement=Leader.

Shurrak-High Life, a solid Melee Attack and solid Defense all put this guy in Defender. Knockback gives him interesting Controller-y potential, but not enough to include him in that role, imo.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old September 24th, 2010, 07:55 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Eltahale's class, Warden, is a Defender in 4e, and with 6 Life and 4 Defense she can definitely fill that roll, but with the ability to hit 3 targets with one attack and to effectively teleport adjacent to any enemy within 5 spaces she has a distinct Strikeryness, so I've included her in both catagories. She's looks like one of the best hybrid heroes yet, and will almost certainly make an excellent addition to most dungeon parties.

Old September 30th, 2010, 05:04 PM

The Frost Giant is another Defender/Striker hybrid-he has the durability to hold on for a long time in a slug-out fight, but he has fantastic ability to get to an opponent, then do a lot of damage once he gets there. Also, Battle Frenzy means that he has the potential to attack multiple times/targets, and Dying Swipe is just the icing on the cake.

Siege is a good old-fashioned Defender. He's going to park himself in a crucial spot and make the other guy come try to move him. But his 8 defense is going to make that hard to do. The ability to attack everyone adjacent while in his Crag of Steel stance is a bit Striker-y, but his limited mobility tempers some of that potential, and it acts as more of a battlefield control ability.

Old September 30th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Skimming the list, I agree with everything I see.

Old October 6th, 2010, 02:09 PM

The pulverizer is kind of an odd-ball unit, and I had a hard time placing him. Double Attack is a Striker feature, but he lacks the mobility or range to guarantee two attacks most rounds. Six life is a Defender feature, but three defense often doesn't backit up very well, especially when he's dealing wounds to himself. But Leader and Controller were definitely out, so I at least had him narrowed down a little.

Final decision-Defender: 6 life is very solid, no two ways around it, defense is easy to improve, and he has decent melee damage output. Also, he can dictate your opponent's choices a little-they're going to want to engage him with their high defense units, instead of letting Pulvy run amok amongst their low-D guys, where he'd get full effect of Double Attack with little risk of Bully damage.

Old October 13th, 2010, 11:20 PM

Evar Scarcarver-Striker. This is appropriate, since a Frostrager is a Barbarian which is a Striker in 4e. He's got moderate base Life, Attack and Defense, with special abilites to increase his value as an attacker (Double assault and Frost Rage) and his Defense ( Frost Rage).

Because I've only been doing this since the release of MS3, I have only posted my reasoning for units released since then. If anyone ever has a question about why I chose to put who where, feel free to ask, and I'll happily expound my decision.

Old October 18th, 2010, 12:40 PM

Master of the Hunt-Striker: Good to very good range, with a special ability that potentially deals lots of damage to a specific set of enemies (heroes, in this case).

Ice Troll Berserker-Striker: Solid attack, excellent potential to move a looong ways with just one OM, generally fragile, but with a special ability that can extend his life.

Moltenclaw-Controller: His measly 3 defense is usually going to keep him off the front line, but Burning Breath means that he is still going to dominate the field and affect your opponent's movement.

Last edited by Killometer; October 18th, 2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old November 29th, 2010, 12:45 PM

Samuel Brown-Excellent range, moderate survivibility, and a Special Attack that can hit twice-Striker.

Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

I always thought Sir Hawthorne would be interesting as a character for a dungeon crawl. He may start as a hero but eventually will turn on you and join the enemy side. Might make for a unique scenario

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old December 4th, 2010, 09:55 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angear View Post
I always thought Sir Hawthorne would be interesting as a character for a dungeon crawl. He may start as a hero but eventually will turn on you and join the enemy side. Might make for a unique scenario
I played a crawl with Hawthorne in my dungeon report thread and he performed well as a defender.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old January 24th, 2011, 06:25 PM

TheEpicLlama Woo who?

Thanks for the tips. Here are some army ideas I have. I haven't tested any of them yet.

Army 1
Defender- Tandros Kreel 120
Striker- Carr 220
Leader- Ana Karithon 320
Controller- Erevan Sunshadow 400

Army 2
Defender- Crixus 90
Striker- Syvarris 190
Leader- Raelin 270
Controller- DW9000 410

Army 3
Defender- Siege 120
Striker- Brandis Skyhunter 210
Leader- Kelda 290
Controller- Heirloom 380

I tried to keep all of the armys around the same number of points. I do not want any of the armys to be more powerful then another. Please give feed back.

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:47 AM

Honestly, it doesn't look like you need too much feedback. Your selected units all seem to support each other pretty well, and each army look balanced with the others. Army 2 looks the strongest, but it doesn't have healing like the other two, and any time DW9K's around there's the potential for a reeeeal big loss with just one bad roll, so that levels it out a lot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios