Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 14th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Nipple Rings

wisinger Woo who?
good news / bad news for DFW area HS's

All,
Just a heads up. Heard about a new GameChest location in Plano. It is at Collin Creek Mall (lower level right outside of Macy's). They have a slim selection of HS (some master sets, a couple of castles, 1 set of wave 5 and one set of wave6). The good news, is yes they have Wave 6 (one set) and it appears to me, to be at least 2 v1 master sets (they have thorgy sitting in a bubble). The bad news is they have the blisters priced at 15.99. Didn't check the price on MS or castles. I went to pay for a set of Zombies, and didn't check the price. when he told me it was 17 something for a single set of zombies, I almost poo'd my pants. I asked him why they were so expensive. He asked what do I mean, that they just charge the MSRP. I explained to him that they are MSRP of 12.99 I am pretty sure. He asked how I knew that, I explained it was general knowledge, but I am pretty sure he can verify that on their web site, etc.

He checked hasbro.com (I think), then got on his calculator for a while, started to say something about the hero pack, being more expensive. At which point I explained to him, that all blisters that I have ever seen have been the same price. He calculated some more, and let me know that he pays 15.00 for them.

At this point, I gave him the blister back, and told him, I'm not going to pay that much for a set of figures. I bit my tongue, I wanted so badly to tell him to go to either, Walmart, Target, TRU, or even House of Mouse to get them, as I am sure they would be more then happy to hook him up.

So good news : new heroscape hookup
Bad news : gonna cost you to get that hook up

summary : v1 master sets and wave 6 available

Old February 14th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The good news to me is that wisinger is still posting here.

Old February 14th, 2007, 05:24 PM

quixotequest has disabled reputation
If he buys them for $15 and sells them for a buck more, you can't run a business on that margin. There's no way he's getting wholesale margins a big box'll get, for sure, but there's definitely no way he's paying that much wholesale. I think he's talking bull unless he happens to just be buying them at retail and then scalping his customers on a upcharge. But hey, if his market will pay that much, then more power to 'im.

The Zombies are definitely cool, but not $17 cool.

Maker of the HeroScape stats "mini cards" (v2.0 current thru GenCon 07 at BGG's "Heroscape" section.)
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
he's getting them from walmart for 9.99, so he's making about 40% profit margin. He's doing ok on them, I assure you.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old February 14th, 2007, 07:39 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
They've always been $10 at Walmart, and now they're $10 at Target too. Heroscape is good, but I'm not so sure about paying $13+ for 5-7 figures and a minimal amount of terrain. By the way, Target has Master Sets for $30 now.
Old February 14th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Nipple Rings

wisinger Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
The good news to me is that wisinger is still posting here.
you make me feel loved and missed. just been to stinking busy with work stuff lately. But things are starting to calm down and slow down, so more time for all things HS.

Old February 14th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sorry to hear that you're busy. You are definitey missed.
Old February 15th, 2007, 12:31 PM

Hedge Knight Woo who?
I've seen this pattern played out at many specialty game shops. I've seen MS for $60, boosters for $15 at more than one game shop in town.

As much as I want to support local businesses and keep specialty shops in business, it's tough to argue with paying 30-50% less at a big box store.

One specialty shop had some wave 3 stuff, and I was willing to pay full retail price for that. So that seems to be the only benefit of these higher-priced shops...their stock doesn't move as quickly!
Old February 17th, 2007, 08:35 AM

mechastar has disabled reputation
[quote="Hedge Knight"]I've seen this pattern played out at many specialty game shops. I've seen MS for $60, boosters for $15 at more than one game shop in town.quote]

My local game store has had a full set uf Utgar's since it came out, and they have $15.99 stickers. And that's why they're still there.

"Not baked goods, professor. Baked bads!" - The Tick

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News