Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 3rd, 2017, 02:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Small House (Playtesting)

Right now I believe a large figure can reach through windows to attack anyone on a hex just on the other side of the wall, it is only the center hex that would make them immune to range 1 large figures. If we made he roof a DO, you could have a collapsing roof auto kill anyone on that center hex. But then I suppose you could destroy the roof before going into the house to avoid that.

Not sure if everyone is reading my report but I had a few odd situations come up that should be addressed with additional rules, a rules clarification, or a FAQ before release.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 04:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

As far as the windows, I played it as you could not attack through them but we could play it that way. It makes it more swiss-cheese.
For SAs like the Green Goblin, would they work against a figure under an overhang?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:51 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I thought we agreed already that you could attack through windows.
Old January 4th, 2017, 03:04 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Ranged attack can definitely pass through the windows as long as LOS is available between target & attacker. I took that to also mean melee attacks between two figures on the opposite side of a window could also be made while Tornado did not.
Old January 4th, 2017, 08:42 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I thought this was the reason we decided not having playable interior space. If you didn't have the 4 move available then you couldn't move through the house. It's the reason I brought up the "instead of moving" comment since we weren't using the interior for just these reasons. The interior idea was suppose to be a phase two discussion once we had buildings that had playable interiors. We discussed the DO option for the scenario of a figure camping out and a large figure without a Leap or Flying ability being able to bring the house down and wound the camper to deter camping and give the large figure a way to get to the figure.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 4th, 2017, 10:22 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I thought this was the reason we decided not having playable interior space. If you didn't have the 4 move available then you couldn't move through the house. It's the reason I brought up the "instead of moving" comment since we weren't using the interior for just these reasons. The interior idea was suppose to be a phase two discussion once we had buildings that had playable interiors. We discussed the DO option for the scenario of a figure camping out and a large figure without a Leap or Flying ability being able to bring the house down and wound the camper to deter camping and give the large figure a way to get to the figure.
Hmm, I do remember something about just doing these as a LOS blocker for to get the design done & then work on the interior later.
Old January 4th, 2017, 01:58 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yes, we did.
And my response was/is, without the interior play it is simply a box on the battlefield.
How much do we really need to playtest LoS blockers?

If you want it exterior only then just release it now and we can start working on interior play and the DO aspects.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 4th, 2017, 03:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Yes, we did.
And my response was/is, without the interior play it is simply a box on the battlefield.
How much do we really need to playtest LoS blockers?

If you want it exterior only then just release it now and we can start working on interior play and the DO aspects.

It's not just a LOS Blocker since you can pass through it though and come out multiple locations. There is still some strategic things to work out such as a large figure chasing a ranged medium figure that can pop run through the house to get distance and then snipe as the large figure takes multiple turns coming around the building only to have the medium figure pop back through.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 4th, 2017, 03:14 PM

That was going to be an aspect of the Apartment Building, that was never the intent of the Small House. If that is what everyone wants after years of working on this, that is fine but none of my tests are viable and YK needs to know before wasting time on more tests.

Until you actually use these, you cannot get a good idea of how they affect game play. You just cannot theory'scape these.
Having actually used them many, many times, I can say we will be missing out to simply play these as a box you can teleport around.
I am willing to do whatever it takes though to get this completed.
It is just a step to building something greater.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 4th, 2017, 06:08 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That was going to be an aspect of the Apartment Building, that was never the intent of the Small House. If that is what everyone wants after years of working on this, that is fine but none of my tests are viable and YK needs to know before wasting time on more tests.

Until you actually use these, you cannot get a good idea of how they affect game play. You just cannot theory'scape these.
Having actually used them many, many times, I can say we will be missing out to simply play these as a box you can teleport around.
I am willing to do whatever it takes though to get this completed.
It is just a step to building something greater.
It's not "what I want" but then again I had no interest in the smaller houses but it was my understanding that phase 1 was to get these out and then go for more complicated steps such as the apartement building with the roof access and then the other larger buildings that could have access. I just don't see how you can gain access and play with the interior of something this small without deconstructing the map for every move.

T, don't take my comments as a derail of any kind. If I've misunderstood all along then carry on as this won't affect me personally in anyway. To me this was just the opening in the door for the phase three plans in which you know I've been working on for ... well, years. I doubt if I ever get a chance to buy these houses or apartment buildings but the other modular aspects I've already built a lot of and have been testing and reworking. I've always been pro interior space and even built and playtested buildings which I believe are in the Terrain Sanctum reports. I specifically remember having Hawkeye perched in a second floor window sniping until abomination busted through the wall and took him out. I've been fighting for the interior space an it's one of the reasons we use a taller building level than Grish. I've even proposed three sided buildings to allow access. Knowing what kind of fight I've had for the past years I just don't want the confined space and map deconstruction that these small houses bring to have a backlash that kills the momentum of the larger buildings interior space.

Trust me I'm with you here but sometimes it takes breadcrumbs to lead a group to the final destination.

I thought (again I could be off) that the motto was going to be "K.I.S.S." for this part so it could breeze through to get momentum.

Sorry again I wasn't able to follow along with the reports of the past three months maybe I could have noticed some of this sooner but you know what I've been dealing with physically in the past months.

EDIT: also as a side note it was my understanding that shooting through the windows was allowed but that was from outside one side to the outside of the other side if you had LOS so perhaps that is where the confusion started.

Old January 4th, 2017, 06:49 PM

Whatever it takes to complete this japes.
My very last desire would be to add any additional stress to what you are currently going through.

Interior play with the Small Houses is so intuitive that it would be a shame to not incorporate it especially considering the effort that has gone into making this happen. Another chance to thank A3n for the base template.

If step one will require a box you teleport around then that is the way it will be.
I just need to know so I can put my energy in that direction.

I have a hard time shaking my defensive nature so please never take it as more than a 'Tornado problem'. I know you are one of my strongest allies for City'scpae so I would never want to jeopardize that but more importantly I would never want to offend you, that would haunt me.

Peace my friend...

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 4th, 2017, 06:58 PM

I think if the testing has already begun on the interior play then let's push it through as such. Go with the momentum.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library