Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old June 7th, 2016, 02:19 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Valkyrie General Color Identities

One of my close friends has gotten the AotP Master Set, and we plan on mixing it with 'Scape to see what happens!

Anyway, this got me thinking... If Valhalla is a plane, and the Valkyrie Generals are Planeswalkers, what would their color identities be?

Here's my swing at it. Some of them I can't quite decide. For now I've left all of the generals as dual-color identities, though it may be better to sum them up with three colors. What do you think?

Jandar: White/Blue. Jandar obviously uses a lot of White mana. He summons Knights and valiant, loyal soldiers to his battle. Many of his units have defensive abilities that benefit others - Raelin, Kelda, etc. I chose Blue mana to represent him because many of his units are ice-themed. He has Dzu-Teh, Ice Elementals, Niflheim, etc. Blue is a very cerebral color, and I thought this would also encompass calculating and precise Soulborgs like the Omnicrons.

Ullar: Green/White. Ullar shares White with Jandar, as many of his units are valiant and community-based. Elves, Giants, and other magnificent fantasy creatures seem very Green/White to me.

Einar: White/Red. While Red is fiery and impulsive on its own, when paired with White it I think it makes a stoic, disciplined, stoic and tenacious army, like many of Einar's forces. Counterstriking Samurai, stoic Romans, and Einar's Kyrie all seem to fit this theme. It seems very Boros/Akros to me. Red also seems to carry an air of regality when paired with White, which Einar definitely has.

Vydar: Blue/Black. Vydar's forces are comprised largely of Soulborgs and Agents. Blue is generally the color of technology, which fits well here. Black fits well with the shadowy and ambiguous Vydar, as Black is the color of assassins and skulking. He even has some Undead in his ranks (Medusa).

Utgar: Black/Red. Death, destruction, impulse, indulgence - all of these seem to fit very well with Utgar. Orcs, Undead, Demon-like Kyrie... It seems all too obvious to me.

Aquilla: Green/Red. Aquilla is very similar to Ullar, but taps into a more feral side of nature with wild creatures like giant insects and Wyverns. She is not above channeling her growth into artifice, either, with Dwarven masters of the forge.

I'm going to leave out Valkrill, as I'm not exactly sure what color he'd be besides mono-black. That's rather boring, and honestly it should be under Utgar.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old January 11th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Valkyrie General Color Identities

I'm a little more purist than you. I'd make Einar straight Red, Jandar straight White, and Valkrill straight Black. I'm okay with that. I don't think all the Valk Generals should be multi colored.

It makes sense for Utgar and Vydar. Totally agree with you on those. Ullar and Aquilla are tricky. I'd be tempted to go straight Green with Ullar, but your Green/White works, too. Aquilla as Green/Red works but I could also see her as Green/Blue...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 11th, 2017, 04:58 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See @Beta464 's Arenascape! The Perfect Blend Of Games! under Color and General Alignment - that is a pretty good starting list.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:25 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually like your break down.
Einar definitely needs white in it.
If had to go mono, honestly: Jandar-RED; Einar-WHITE

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion