Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old November 29th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: Heroes of Star Wars: Battle Tests

Battle V-02 (Star Wars only)
11/29/2011

Map: C3G Moon Base Alpha (modified; ladders and roof considered unplayable for this battle (to take the roof bonus out of play); heavy snow and regular ice in effect)
Spoiler Alert!

Team A: Princess Leia, Han Solo, Rebel Snow Troopers x 4 (590)
Team B: Darth Vader, Snowtroopers x 5 (610)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by davidlhsl; November 30th, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
B: Three Troopers sacrifice glacier protection to take height and put themselves in Vader’s aura. They fire down on Leia. 1sk vs 1sh. 1sk vs 1sh. 0sk. Go, Leia!!!
"Is Darth Brady (or Wayne Vader) going to have to choke a .....?"

Seriously, Vader ought to automatically choke troopers that fail to land a hit within his aura. Although it wouldn't have helped against the Rebels. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they were 12 for 12 against them.

Awesome report. I look forward to seeing your AT-AT rules in action.

G-O
Old November 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
B: Three Troopers sacrifice glacier protection to take height and put themselves in Vader’s aura. They fire down on Leia. 1sk vs 1sh. 1sk vs 1sh. 0sk. Go, Leia!!!
"Is Darth Brady (or Wayne Vader) going to have to choke a .....?"

Seriously, Vader ought to automatically choke troopers that fail to land a hit within his aura. Although it wouldn't have helped against the Rebels. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they were 12 for 12 against them.

Awesome report. I look forward to seeing your AT-AT rules in action.

G-O
Darth Vader does Force Choke his nearby heroes if they whiff an attack. If he Force Choked his Troopers, he'd just lose his prize-winning volleyball team!

I'm looking forward to seeing the AT-AT rules in action as well. Knowing my luck with dice, I have this horrifying image of the target tokens drifting into the Empire's own start zone.
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Great report, David! Never thought about the issue with Glacier Camouflage on a ranged squad - makes sense for the Dzu-Teh. Sounds like we need to revisit the Snow Troopers. Perhaps Snow Strength would be a better fit.

Leia performed better than I expected. What is your opinion of Han? Did his abilities and power level feel thematic?

I'd like to give you +rep for this, but I keep repping your funny stuff!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 30th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Great report, David! Never thought about the issue with Glacier Camouflage on a ranged squad - makes sense for the Dzu-Teh. Sounds like we need to revisit the Snow Troopers. Perhaps Snow Strength would be a better fit.

Leia performed better than I expected. What is your opinion of Han? Did his abilities and power level feel thematic?

I'd like to give you +rep for this, but I keep repping your funny stuff!
I corrected the survivors in the previous battle: there were 5 Snowtroopers on the board. I guess I didn't see the camouflaged unit. Still, it ended closer than expected.

If you wanted to distinquish the Snowtroopers from the Rebel Snow Troopers, perhaps you could give the Snowtroopers a +1 glacier defense bonus instead of Snow Defense. I'm not certain how that will affect the points.

Leia didn't surprise me at all. It has been six months since I last played these battles, but I do recall her being an awesome design. My notes for her reflect that. I also recall seeing a talking guinea pig, but I can't find any notes on that.

Han is very interesting and fun to play. Thematic? Lessee... Han Solo moving around while firing his blaster at the opponent. I think we have a theme touchdown! When I use his special attack, I use tokens to mark the spaces Han travels and mark units he fired at. I have to do this with C3G's Elektra as well.

It was fun putting Vader's Force Leap into action!

I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again: it really is a culture shock to return to Classic Scape's power levels after spending so much time in Super Scape. Returning to this project will also give me a chance to catch up on some of the Classic and C3V figures that I've neglected.

In my next battle, I'm going to draft some artillery rules (representing AT-AT fire) and I'll try the Snowtroopers with the glacier bonus instead of camouflage. Since Princess Leia would rather kiss a wookie, I'm replacing her with Chewbacca. This won't really be something you can evaluate as far as balance. It's really more for fun, so I'll try to take pictures for it.

Last edited by davidlhsl; November 30th, 2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

AT-AT Rules for upcoming Hoth Battle (Draft)

What would be a Hoth Battle without AT-ATs stomping towards the Rebel Base while fighters swarm them? AT-ATs are supposed to be very large units, and would seem out of scale unless you built a really large map. I think this can be represented abstractly. Off-map artillery fire from huge cannons or battleships at sea have been similarly implemented in some wargames with the use of spotter (or target) tokens, so that will be the inspiration for these rules.

At the end of each round, there will be an AT-AT phase. The Rebel Team and the Empire Team will each take a special turn using the following rules in initiative order.

Setup

Begin the game with two target tokens on the map. The tokens should be in different colors to distinguish which AT-AT it represents. Provide some area off-map to represent wounds taken by each AT-AT.

Rebel Team

Roll 3 attack dice separately for each AT-AT and place 1 wound marker for each skull rolled on the space designated for that AT-AT. If an AT-AT receives a total of 10 wounds, remove that AT-AT's target token from the map.

Empire Team

There are two phases: Target Phase and Fire Phase.

Target Phase

For each target token, do the following:

Roll an 8-sided die to determine distance.
1 = 0 spaces
2-3 = 1 space
4-6 = 2 spaces
7-8 = 3 spaces

Designate a direction from the target token to be #1. Each space clockwise would be #2-#6. Roll the 8-sided die to determine direction.
1-6: Move the target token in the designated direction the number of spaces indicated in the first roll.
7-8: The Empire Player determines the direction, and may move the target token anywhere from 0 up to the number of spaces indicated in the first roll.

If the target token reaches the map edge with more spaces available, reverse the direction and continue counting. In other words, the target will "bounce back."

If the target token ends on a figure, place the target token underneath the figure. If the target token ends on an obstacle such as a wall column or glacier mountain, then select the next available space on the other end of the obstacle in the same direction as the next space. If the target token reaches a multi-level structure, place the token on the top-most spaces instead of the lower.

Fire Phase

The Empire Player may select one target token. Roll 3 attack dice once. All figures on the target token or adjacent to the target token roll defense dice separately. If the target token is on a multi-level space, figures at all levels relative to the position of the target token are affected. Height advantage for defense rolls are determined relative to the position of the target token.

Rolling attack dice is optional, and only one target token can be selected for the attack.

Last edited by davidlhsl; November 30th, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Battle V-02a (Star Wars only)
11/30/2011

Map: C3G Moon Base Alpha (modified; ladders and roof considered unplayable for this battle (to take the roof bonus out of play); heavy snow and regular ice in effect; optional AT-AT Rules in effect; Snowtroopers modified – see Test Objectives)
Spoiler Alert!

Team A: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Rebel Snow Troopers x 4 (600)
Team B: Darth Vader, Snowtroopers (modified) x 5 (610?)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by davidlhsl; December 1st, 2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old December 1st, 2011, 01:48 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Another great report, David!

After reading through both reports, I think a Snow Defense power makes sense (+1D on snow). The official power, Snow Strength, would overpower them, IMO, since it boosts attack as well.

I never tried Han and Chewie together, but it sounds like they worked very well and were fun to play.

Thanks for the battle reports!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:56 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

I've added a section in the OP to place items that the Project wishes to review, so I've placed the Snowtroopers there. That will hopefully assist you in keeping track of what you wish to present to the group, which is probably best to do between designs. This section is comparable to the "Cards pending" link in the Project's thread, where Granite-M has a post he can check to see what needs updating.

If you ever have anything you'd like me to place there for your own reminder, feel free to let me know.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Battle V-03 (Star Wars vs Classic)
12/02/2011

Map: C3G Moon Base Alpha (modified; ladders and roof considered unplayable for this battle (to take the roof bonus out of play); heavy snow and regular ice in effect)
Spoiler Alert!

Team A: Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Rebel Snow Troopers x 3 (640)
Team B: Master of the Hunt, Frost Giant of Morh x 2, Ice Troll Berserker, Greater Ice Elemental (635)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by davidlhsl; December 3rd, 2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 11:15 PM

*Highlight*
*Right Click - Copy*
*Right Click - Paste*
The quick KO of Leia hurt the Rebels greatly. I imagine if she sticks around for a few more turns, the outcome may have been different.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:11 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
*Highlight*
*Right Click - Copy*
*Right Click - Paste*
The quick KO of Leia hurt the Rebels greatly. I imagine if she sticks around for a few more turns, the outcome may have been different.
I went back and edited the comments section, as I think the term Wipe-Out wasn't entirely accurate. The Rebels took down two figures, along with dealing a heavy blow against Master of the Hunt. I also realized I neglected Leia's Force Intuition, but doubted I rolled many, if any, blanks on the turn she got lanced. So I'm more convinced of the luck being a factor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape